S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

WW2 Black Cross Decal on a Benz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300SEL
nevertheless the ***** used those cross symbols, so thus they are **** symbols now, anyone who associates with german military terms such as the guys above, panzer, luftwaffe, iron cross, the various eagles etc etc, all these are hate symbols and bring up bad thoughts in most all people. please dont nazify your mercedes, its such a classy car
Old 06-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Banned

300SEL
and that "thing" i wear on my head is not a "tee cup coaster", its a Kippah, commonly called Yamuka.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by Jakob Cohen
nevertheless the ***** used those cross symbols, so thus they are **** symbols now, anyone who associates with german military terms such as the guys above, panzer, luftwaffe, iron cross, the various eagles etc etc, all these are hate symbols and bring up bad thoughts in most all people. please dont nazify your mercedes, its such a classy car
So you have no problem with those objections and driving a car that was used by Hitler? Or firthermore a company that like most other Germany firms used Jewish slave labour during the war. I think your ill informed my friend and those with even the smallest amount of knowledge realise exactly what the use of these symbols was/is. Pretty much every part of German life was touched by Nazism between 1933 and 1945 there is not much that can be done about it so 60+ years later your still willing to let that taint your views seriously just move forward.

I think you might have to sell your car least you not be able to live with yourself, even use the proceeds to buy a history book, might make some good reading.

(Image removed by Moderators, as it includes a small image of a prohibited symbol.)

Last edited by NZ_Benz; 06-03-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

300SEL
so........are you defending nazism??????????
Old 06-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Gentlemen, gentlemen

Before this gets out of hand. Civilized discussion of both sides of the fence is preferred. Let it get out of hand and I will have no problems with signing vacation slips.

DO WE UNDERSTAND?

Thank you for your attention.

Amdeutsch
Old 06-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned

300SEL
i understand, amdeutsch, im just saying its not good to put hate symbols and hate words on one's car. im also wondering why nz benz posted a picture of the madman hitler above.......

nz benz also said "it so 60+ years later your still willing to let that taint your views seriously just move forward". do u think we forget the Holocaust? the Shoah???????? 6 million of my people died in german concentration camps. how am i supposed to forget about that?

we will always remember, and never forget.

Last edited by Jakob Cohen; 06-03-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
i understand, amdeutsch, im just saying its not good to put hate symbols and hate words on one's car. im also wondering why nz benz posted a picture of the madman hitler above.......
I let him explain that. I understood the pic and reference as well as the relationship to your previous postings.

EDIT

You revised your posting at the same time I quoted it. Let me say this: Those who forget to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Those who relive it will help the world to become a better place.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
the black eagle goes back to the beginning of german history, so i would not be concerned if someone had an eagle sticker on their car. like the one in the L/P above.

whats more, the use of the imperial standard was restricted during the **** reign. the ***** denounced imperial germany and wanted no association with them so i dont have a problem with it.

WWII era military symbols are another story, i would not use them on my car for the exact reasons you site.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Let's not generalize symbols. The Swastika (in Black over white surround on red field) was a symbol inspired by Hitler. It has since been banned throughout Europe. It has not been shown in this thread, and will earn any member who posts one a banning as swiftly as hate language.

The Balkenkreuz (straight Iron Cross) is not considered a hate symbol. It is not prohibited by the German govt., and is still in use today on German military equipment recognized as acceptable throughout Europe. Your opinion is one thing, and I agree that one should think twice before flaunting them on a car. But your complaint is unfounded.

Jakob Cohen, I would be more concerned that your IP address matches the first two octets of "The Luftwaffe's" and that both of you have yahoo e-mail addresses. Staff is watching this thread closely, and has ways to determine if we are being played.

Keep the conversation civil and carry on or this thread will be closed.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by NZ_Benz
So you have no problem with those objections and driving a car that was used by Hitler? Or firthermore a company that like most other Germany firms used Jewish slave labour during the war. I think your ill informed my friend and those with even the smallest amount of knowledge realise exactly what the use of these symbols was/is. Pretty much every part of German life was touched by Nazism between 1933 and 1945 there is not much that can be done about it so 60+ years later your still willing to let that taint your views seriously just move forward.

I think you might have to sell your car least you not be able to live with yourself, even use the proceeds to buy a history book, might make some good reading.
it is an interesting point. when i lived in southern california, most of the jewish ppl drove MBs (all of my jewish friends did). the synagogues were packed with MBs. if i were jewish, i would not even consider buying an MB, or anything else made by the germans...
Old 06-03-2007, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Let's not generalize symbols. The Swastika (in Black over white surround on red field) was a symbol inspired by Hitler. It has since been banned throughout Europe. It has not been shown in this thread, and will earn any member who posts one a banning as swiftly as hate language.

The Balkenkreuz (straight Iron Cross) is not considered a hate symbol. It is not prohibited by the German govt., and is still in use today on German military equipment recognized as acceptable throughout Europe. Your opinion is one thing, and I agree that one should think twice before flaunting them on a car. But your complaint is unfounded.

Jakob Cohen, I would be more concerned that your IP address matches the first two octets of "The Luftwaffe's" and that both of you have yahoo e-mail addresses. Staff is watching this thread closely, and has ways to determine if we are being played.

Keep the conversation civil and carry on or this thread will be closed.
Sorry the image I posted was in a historical context and was not designed to cause offense.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:56 PM

280SE W116, 500SEL W126
OK folks lets just end this crazy thing
It's definitely not worth a banning, schucks I feel bad that a warning has been issued!

Let's leave the politics for the politicians and get on with the car talk

It's my car in the spot light so I'll just say...I will NOT be removing the decals in question, at least not for the reasons raised in this thread, they are on there because my car is a tank plain and simple...so let's not get all wound up about it

I suggest locking this thread, if it continues there is only one direction it can take from this point and I don't want my car to be dragged through a dirty mess

Thanks, Damon
Old 06-03-2007, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320

nz benz also said "it so 60+ years later your still willing to let that taint your views seriously just move forward". do u think we forget the Holocaust? the Shoah???????? 6 million of my people died in german concentration camps. how am i supposed to forget about that?

we will always remember, and never forget.
Well considering your IP address and that your pretty much a troll. But I'll still explain. Forgeting and forgiving are two different things. It also might interest you to know that being of Croatian extraction my family knows all too well about life under **** occupation, infact what remained of the extended family back in Europe after my grandparents left were wiped out by the *****. Furthermore not withstanding the disgusting condtions in which 6 millions Jews (and other ethnic groups in those camps) died both Stalin and Mao killed more people within a similar timeframe. But to have events such as this warp your views of the world in the 21st century and place a periodic ban on all images and symbols that YOU not others assoiate with Nazism, it's that type of dogma and stupid ideology that allows groups like ***** and other extreem groups to take control of countries in the first place. I'm not saying forget I'm simply saying rather than having a reaction that is based simply on fear and misconception how about some reasoned thinking on the issue and examine it in the context of today.

My reasons for posting that picture were pretty simple, you've mentioned that you hate all symbols that the ***** used, well my question to you is simply how then can you possibly justify owning a Mercedes, Hitler owned a number of Mercedes cars and in a number of historical photos he's seen riding in them. In fact Mercedes was the choice of car for most of the high ranking **** party at the time.

I don't support Nazism and a German cross would not be on my lsit of things to buy for my car but I don't have an issue with someone else using it on their car.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Almost a Member!

W126 420 SE 1988
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
It is tragic that such a symbol has been demonised by the activity of an insane individual, given the symbols rich historical significance.

The symbol has been found in;
# China
# India
# Japan
# Tibet
# Greece
# Gnostic
# Hittite
# Jains
# Egypt
# Ancient Crete AmerIndian rug
# Ancient Troy (level of excavation unknown)
# Scotland (Picts)
# Ancient Ireland
# Kickapoo Indians
# Tennessee and Ohio Indian burial mounds (Hopewell Mound)
# Pottawatomie Indians
# Hopi Indians
# Zuni Indians
# Old Norse
# Brigantes of Ancient Britain, who used it as a symbol of the goddess Bride.
# Plains Indians (who were originally -farmers- until they were pushed into the Plains by neighboring tribes, and then became nomadic)
# Central American Maya and Aztec (two -very- different cultures!)
# Buddhist (found on the soles of the Buddha's feet, in statuary) Prehistoric representation
# Found in the Catacombs of Rome (see Crux Dissimulata)
# Pre-Hejira Arabs
# A variant with only three arms is used on the Isle of Man, and is known as a "triskeleon." It is usually represented as three -legs- and thus suggests the act of running. This may be a hold-over from its associations with the goddess Bridget (Bride). the symbol of St. Bridget's Cross becomes -much- more interesting at this point, and might be considered a swasticka-variant.
# Depicted within a triangle symbolizing the goddess Astarte in some parts of the Ancient Middle East.
# The Manichaeans
# Ancient Rome, where it was a symbol of Jupiter Tonans and Pluvius
# A coin of Ethelred of Northumbria (9th cent. CE)
# Embroidered on Christian vestments (8th and 9th cent. CE)
# English heraldry: CHAMBERLAYNE (Argent, a chevron between three fylfots gules) circa 1394 CE
# German heraldry: VON TALE (Ecartele en equerre de gueules et d'argent) (date unknown) (English blazon: Quarterly per fylfot gules and argent.) "Equerre" refers to the carpenter's square, and may be a clue as to the usage of it by the early Christians, due to Joseph's occupation as a carpenter.
# German medieval brasses (usage unknown)
# MS Landsdowne, no. 874, circa 1480 CE, uses the name "fylfot" to describe a monogram of the initials "F.F."
# Pre-WW II United States Army 45th Division patch.

Just to put it into some context.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by 420 SE
It is tragic that such a symbol has been demonised by the activity of an insane individual, given the symbols rich historical significance.

The symbol has been found in;
# China
# India
# Japan
# Tibet
# Greece
# Gnostic
# Hittite
# Jains
# Egypt
# Ancient Crete AmerIndian rug
# Ancient Troy (level of excavation unknown)
# Scotland (Picts)
# Ancient Ireland
# Kickapoo Indians
# Tennessee and Ohio Indian burial mounds (Hopewell Mound)
# Pottawatomie Indians
# Hopi Indians
# Zuni Indians
# Old Norse
# Brigantes of Ancient Britain, who used it as a symbol of the goddess Bride.
# Plains Indians (who were originally -farmers- until they were pushed into the Plains by neighboring tribes, and then became nomadic)
# Central American Maya and Aztec (two -very- different cultures!)
# Buddhist (found on the soles of the Buddha's feet, in statuary) Prehistoric representation
# Found in the Catacombs of Rome (see Crux Dissimulata)
# Pre-Hejira Arabs
# A variant with only three arms is used on the Isle of Man, and is known as a "triskeleon." It is usually represented as three -legs- and thus suggests the act of running. This may be a hold-over from its associations with the goddess Bridget (Bride). the symbol of St. Bridget's Cross becomes -much- more interesting at this point, and might be considered a swasticka-variant.
# Depicted within a triangle symbolizing the goddess Astarte in some parts of the Ancient Middle East.
# The Manichaeans
# Ancient Rome, where it was a symbol of Jupiter Tonans and Pluvius
# A coin of Ethelred of Northumbria (9th cent. CE)
# Embroidered on Christian vestments (8th and 9th cent. CE)
# English heraldry: CHAMBERLAYNE (Argent, a chevron between three fylfots gules) circa 1394 CE
# German heraldry: VON TALE (Ecartele en equerre de gueules et d'argent) (date unknown) (English blazon: Quarterly per fylfot gules and argent.) "Equerre" refers to the carpenter's square, and may be a clue as to the usage of it by the early Christians, due to Joseph's occupation as a carpenter.
# German medieval brasses (usage unknown)
# MS Landsdowne, no. 874, circa 1480 CE, uses the name "fylfot" to describe a monogram of the initials "F.F."
# Pre-WW II United States Army 45th Division patch.

Just to put it into some context.
You know I was sure it was a Buddist symbol but had no idea it's use was so wide spread, however wasn't it turned the other way before the ***** used it?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Almost a Member!

W126 420 SE 1988
^^^

It was used in both directions, meaning sun/moon and life/death in some cultures.

However, its use has been so widespread it has many diverse meanings.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by 420 SE
^^^

It was used in both directions, meaning sun/moon and life/death in some cultures.

However, its use has been so widespread it has many diverse meanings.
Thats pretty interesting actually, infact some good may have come of this thread. Thank God *Edit* (Non denominational mystical force created to ensure no offence to other religions, atheists or agnostics ) that we have people like you on this forum that can engage in relevant the rational thought.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

300SEL
you accuse me of a troll? your the anti-semite whos defending **** hieroglyphics and symbols. im just saying that my people still view those **** era symbols as being hateful. i can understand that the moderators are german and allowed the previous image posts of that black cross. they view that cross as harmless, but let me tell you, on a jewish forum posting such pics as you guys did, or defending their use would get you banned for sure.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
you accuse me of a troll? your the anti-semite whos defending **** hieroglyphics and symbols. im just saying that my people still view those **** era symbols as being hateful. i can understand that the moderators are german and allowed the previous image posts of that black cross. they view that cross as harmless, but let me tell you, on a jewish forum posting such pics as you guys did, or defending their use would get you banned for sure.
Well thats all good and well but this is not a Jewish forum....so either get over it or STFU.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Ehem, this is not a German forum, nor am I German. Staff at MBWorld is a statement in diversity. We've had moderators of all faiths, including Jewish and Muslim, and even those of no faith. Once again you generalize. Perhaps when you exceed 10 posts here, you might begin to realize it. If not, then you will be no more open-minded than the several very real **** racists we've banned here, like "The Luftwaffe," and "der Fuhrer," who we suspect are the same individual...

The Swastika has been used for 3,000 years, in the forms outlined by others above. I've already stated that display of the WWII form is not allowed, for all the reasons you state. That people confuse the use of other German military symbols as hateful is enough reason for me not to solicit potential vandalism by painting any of them on my car. The vast majority of Mercedes owners also agree. But using such (other) symbols are not illegal, in Germany or elsewhere.

If our member from New Zealand feels his German car is as big and heavy as a German tank, and thus feels compelled to display German tank symbols on it, then I appreciate his choice to poke fun at his car. He has been tasteful enough not to use a Swastika though.

Be happy with that, or find another forum that suits you better. We have thousands of Jewish members... Your 6 posts to date won't be missed.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Let me add my $0.02 to this with a reference: People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You receive what you give. I will overlook your generality as others have already explained it eloquently. Maybe its time for you to seriously start looking within yourself. Do you want to be part of MBWorld and all that it has to offer, including diversity. Or would you prefer not to be exposed to other viewpoints and learning experiences. Its your choice. As previously offered. We'd be more than happy to assist you in whatever choice you make.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
im just saying that my people still view those **** era symbols as being hateful.
the first thing people see when you pull around a corner was also the first thing people saw when hitler took a left down the strasse, the three-pointed star 'symbol' on the front of the car. so unless you're rocking a brabus flat hood badge or something, nobody is taking you seriously.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
guess again, i lived down the street in california from one of the moderators of this forum, and he was jewish, so...

and if you really cared that much, you would not drive an MB. hitler was a great patron of MB and the firm made millions of marks because of their association with the **** party. the 770 grosser was designed and built specifically for **** officals (and was later armored for their protection).

you continue to accuse everyone here of anti-semitism without any basis in fact, a typical knee-jerk reaction that does not hold up with educated people. as mentioned, stalin killed more jews than hitler, but i could post a picture of the hammer and sickle without fear of being banned. hypocrisy is a stinky business.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

300SEL
i didnt say i hate the mercedes, its just a car. what i hate are those symbols and words that remind us Jews of the Holocaust, such as that infamous black cross, that eagle, or the dreaded panzers that invaded our countries. i would appreciate if the moderator would not allow anyone to post such symbols here as i view that as strictly anti-semitic. i dont know what Jews you know, but the ones im close to agree with me. they feel anger against Germany when seeing such hieroglyphic images. i advise you to not continue propgating such ideas as the goyim above have done. that is all......
Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

300SEL
Originally Posted by NZ_Benz
Well thats all good and well but this is not a Jewish forum....so either get over it or STFU.
so you want to kick me out of this forum because you dont agree with our ideas????? did you just offend me with that term???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WW2 Black Cross Decal on a Benz?