S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

armrest removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89 420 SEL and 97 E320
armrest removal

Okay, the answer to my previous question about removing the headrest worked like a charm... now I need to find out how to remove the armrest from the drivers seatback.

My wife bought me a sheepskin seatcover and I can't install it because of the large armrest mounting bolt (post?) that connects the armrest to the seatback.

My manual doesn't address removal of the armrest. Anyone know how to do it?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S4
Re: armrest removal

Originally posted by golfboy
Okay, the answer to my previous question about removing the headrest worked like a charm... now I need to find out how to remove the armrest from the drivers seatback.

My wife bought me a sheepskin seatcover and I can't install it because of the large armrest mounting bolt (post?) that connects the armrest to the seatback.

My manual doesn't address removal of the armrest. Anyone know how to do it?
you need to unscrew the back of your front driver's seat and you'll find a bolt holding the armrest in place...unscrew that, and the armrest should come out,,,its really easy and straightforward. To get the seatback off, look for a screw in the bottom, center of the seatback, unscrew it and pull the cover off. GL