S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

Idle Control Module on a RHD W126?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 07:24 AM
EGG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W126 380SE
Idle Control Module on a RHD W126?

Hi

I have ongoing idle problems and have mostly ruled out the ICV and vacuum hoses. Removing the glovebox (on the LHS) did not seem to show me the Idle Control Module, only some Air Conditioning bits and a box labelled TEMPERATURG**** Which I'm guessing is not it.

Is this guy going to be buried right behind the gauge cluster...? I'm not looking forwards to removing that. I'll probably try to see if I can get to it from below on the weekend.

Cheers
Old 11-17-2021, 06:33 AM
EGG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W126 380SE
For anyone else looking into this, for 1983 RHD models it's buried under the RHS dash (two panels to remove) above the brake pedal.

Sadly that's where the good new ends, it's held onto a bracket with a philips screw you largely can't reach (4cm gap above it), and a nut/bolt combo where you can get at the nut, but the bolt can't be seen and needs an ultra thin socket. I did what another guy on the net did and wrenched it out with a screwdriver. There's no good way to get it back in, if you were able to undo it normally, getting the screw back in or the nut back on would be extremely difficult at that angle, so it's probably going to have to be held in with gaffer tape.

Oh, the other guy I found who had this issue took the front seat out in order to get into the footwell, but if you put a milk crate outside the driver door, you can lie on that and the footwell on your back to get at this thing.