S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

im deep **** !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 03:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Originally Posted by grottoblue
Egutie6970---your situation would have been almost laughable except you're dangerous. Aren't you the same dimbulb who recently bragged about running 140mph in traffic? It should be illegal for you to own a car. Any car.

lol why would almost be laughable except that im dangerous ? how is that a factor ? lol im a nice calm guy just that i have a need for speed thats all.....140? thats nothing- i sually do at least 20 mph more then that...dont worry ill drive the hybrid and ill get mt 42 mpg going 70ishh i dont like pushing that car and i promise ill keep it safe now that im getting a new engine - i promise u that lol and btw im not thatttt crazy i know my limits.

Enrique G
Old 12-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Banned

F248 F1
just out of the blue, if you guys wouldnt mind me asking.....what do you guys do for a living ? and how much do you guys make ? lol im just wondering what kind of pp have these benz lol im 19 i go to University of California, Berkeley hmm i want to be a doctor (no not a crazy doctor as many of you guys think im crazy) lol! hmmm my current job is working in a financial company refinancing houses and giving out loans for really cheap interest rates yup ! i get paid by commision soo yeaa it can vary how much i make, i just got that job 3 weeks ago! so if any of you guys need a hook up ill be sure to give my MB bros a good interest rate for their mortg. loan!

Enrique
Old 12-23-2004, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
Originally Posted by egutie6970
lol why would almost be laughable except that im dangerous ? how is that a factor ? lol im a nice calm guy just that i have a need for speed thats all.....140? thats nothing- i sually do at least 20 mph more then that...dont worry ill drive the hybrid and ill get mt 42 mpg going 70ishh i dont like pushing that car and i promise ill keep it safe now that im getting a new engine - i promise u that lol and btw im not thatttt crazy i know my limits.

Enrique G
You may know your limits but does everyone else on the road, you need therapy
Old 12-23-2004, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Originally Posted by doofwopp
um... what? News to me. Post a link to prove this please, I'm interested. If you cannot then you are talking some heinous smack, therefore you do not win, you lose. So put down the crackpipe, crackpot.
All I know is it walks like a E500/500E and it talks like one too, so it's the same 500E/E500 that they started in 1991, body/chassis designed/built by Porsche with an MB engine. Even if mine wasn't built by Porsche AG, it was built by MB using the same joint venture MB/Porsche design, which suits me as well. I am not railing against Mercedes, just their crap-*** new cars and the dip****s that buy them. Furthermore it's about time somebody stood up to the snobs up in here. It's a display of solidarity with all of the owners of older Mercedes.
And the "Idiot Factor" continues to rise on MBWorld as yet another imbecile tries his useless opinion out to no avil.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:17 PM

You obviously do not read the Wall Street Journal. There was a nice writeup corraborating my contention about the drastic drop in the quality of MB automobiles about 9 months ago. Like I said, ask anybody. As far as I'm concerned, I got the last of the finest and that's that. My 500 will eat your ****ing lunch. When's the last time an MB chassis was made by Porsche? I thought so. I also have two W123 diesel sedans from '85; superb vehicles, but there are too many snobs on this forum to bother with mentioning them, since it would seem that the new money crowd up in here are only familiar with and therefore only care about what they see on the street out in suburbia, which is Camry, ES300, and '96-up E320. You people lack the depth of thought required to actually think in an analytical manner, for if you could you would not be so quick to **** on people who own the older cars.
So it goes, you pussies with the new MBs deserve to be plagued by issues up to and beyond the point of warranty expiration. You're just in it for the implied status, not because you appreciate fine engineering.
Me bitter? Think about how bitter I am next time you have to have your little 320s towed to the dealer for another bull**** MB electronics boondoggle, chumps. You people have no mechanical aptitude and no clue whatsoever. No offense, Merry Christmas
You, sir, are no better (and in fact worse) than the 'arrogant snobs' you denigrate. You are generalizing when you obviously have an utterly complete ignorance of the specifics. You're very correct about the drop in MB quality but many of us that have newer ones aren't buying them for the pose factor and aren't members of the 'hot car of the month' club.

Even with the lower quality the car I own ('03 E55) happens to best fit my idea of what a car should be even if it ISN'T the last word in quality. Hate to tell you this but NO car is built 'like they used to be'. The only difference is, MB had so much further to fall than anyone else did. NO ONE builds cars like that anymore, not even at the Maybach/Bentley/Rolls Royce level.

I also happen to own an '86 euro 500SEL and a '90 US spec 560SEL and enjoy them thoroughly. Yes there's a HUGE difference in quality, construction and engineering and the W126 cars are vastly superior. That doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the E55 any less. As for eating lunch... my E55 will leave your E500/500E choking in exhaust fumes. So get off the high horse and take the blinders off before someone clocks you one where you can't see.

Last edited by kaneman; 12-23-2004 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
i might consider buying the whole car off you... i have been toying with the idea of restoring a 500SE.

hey schwarzwagen,
Email me at egutie34@hotmail.com if your still interested so we can talk !!
Enrique
Old 12-24-2004, 12:40 AM

1987 300SDL aka the "Money Pit"
Ok not to be a jerk but do you know how much work would be involved putting an M119 V8 into a W126? It would be a real cool project and car but it would cost tens of thousands of dollars if you paid someone to do it for you. Off the top of my head:
Custom drive shaft
Custom mounts
Custom Radiator
Getting everything to work and fit alt, ac compressor ect.
M119's has a computer controlled fuel injection system, you would need to create a new computer system in that car to control the engine and trans
shifts.
Custom exhuast.
Lots of time and knowledge to get the thing to work right.
Not to mention you might need to swap diffs to get the right gearing.
Also the weight would be improtant the front springs may need to be changed.

Just because they are both 5 liter engines doesn't mean they are the same. Also don't expect much for $1,500 properly rebuilt M117's seem to run $6k+. Try Adsitco.com they have a decent rep. A company called Metric Motors seems to do a good job also. New crate MB motors are in the low teens.

I can see that you want to work on your car but you really need to learn more before you do. A little reading and research on Mercedesshop.com could save you a lot of time and money. Also get a W126 service CD, they are cheap and help a lot. I knew nothing about W126's when I first started looking into getting one back in 02, now I would do a complete resto of one if I had the time, space, and money.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
um... what? News to me. Post a link to prove this please, I'm interested. If you cannot then you are talking some heinous smack, therefore you do not win, you lose. So put down the crackpipe, crackpot.
All I know is it walks like a E500/500E and it talks like one too, so it's the same 500E/E500 that they started in 1991, body/chassis designed/built by Porsche with an MB engine. Even if mine wasn't built by Porsche AG, it was built by MB using the same joint venture MB/Porsche design, which suits me as well. I am not railing against Mercedes, just their crap-*** new cars and the dip****s that buy them. Furthermore it's about time somebody stood up to the snobs up in here. It's a display of solidarity with all of the owners of older Mercedes.
I’m not about to waste my life proving a sack of on-line trash wrong. Its fact plain and simple. IF you were so smart and knew anything about the car you owned you would understand. They never made any US spec E500's and the few that were made were limited’s with custom paint and leatherwork. So again you are wrong.

Its not a matter of if sir... its a fact that it was built by MB not Porsche. The reason MB had Porsche do the work was they Porsche needed the business and MB did not have the production capacity at the time to build a V8 W124. Once MB got up to speed they took the contract back from Porsche and made the car in house. SO if you want the special car you think you own go sell your spiffy ride and buy the real deal. Car collectors wont care that Porsche made early versions. They will only realize that Porsche did NOT make your car. Sad to know that your car is the plain Jane version...the one that will fall in value faster and be just another MB... oh well.

If you think a link will solve your doubt you truly are crazy. The Internet is the worlds largest network of false facts and misquotes known to man. Call Porsche, RENNtech, MB... anyone who knows about the car. They will tell you the truth. You don’t even have the closed deck motor in your car... if you are going to own a 500 W124 you might as well get a closed deck motor so you can convert it to a 6.5L 450 hp version one day. Oh well again!

And to think I said you had the nicest car MB ever made. I don’t know why I was so polite. You quite simply the dumbest person I have seen on the board. And believe me I’ve come across more than a few crackpipe users on this great service. It really is an honor to be the #1 goof bucket..... You should be honored.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 12-24-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Banned

300SD
Kaneman, your scaring me with that IP stuff.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by mespe
Kaneman, your scaring me with that IP stuff.
Why? All the thing does is show you your own IP address. You broadcast that to anyone you download from. You download any signature, you send your IP to that server. This one just happens to show you what your IP is. It shows me what mine is, and so on.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by egutie6970
hey schwarzwagen,
Email me at egutie34@hotmail.com if your still interested so we can talk !!
Enrique
just did! check your email. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2004, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by Hattaresguy
Ok not to be a jerk but do you know how much work would be involved putting an M119 V8 into a W126? It would be a real cool project and car but it would cost tens of thousands of dollars if you paid someone to do it for you. Off the top of my head:
Custom drive shaft
Custom mounts
Custom Radiator
Getting everything to work and fit alt, ac compressor ect.
M119's has a computer controlled fuel injection system, you would need to create a new computer system in that car to control the engine and trans
shifts.
Custom exhuast.
Lots of time and knowledge to get the thing to work right.
Not to mention you might need to swap diffs to get the right gearing.
Also the weight would be improtant the front springs may need to be changed.

Just because they are both 5 liter engines doesn't mean they are the same. Also don't expect much for $1,500 properly rebuilt M117's seem to run $6k+. Try Adsitco.com they have a decent rep. A company called Metric Motors seems to do a good job also. New crate MB motors are in the low teens.

I can see that you want to work on your car but you really need to learn more before you do. A little reading and research on Mercedesshop.com could save you a lot of time and money. Also get a W126 service CD, they are cheap and help a lot. I knew nothing about W126's when I first started looking into getting one back in 02, now I would do a complete resto of one if I had the time, space, and money.
its not THAT hard... go over to mbcoupes.com for more info. the only custom fabbing is a new secondary firewall. the early M119s are CIS injection, so it can be integrated with the proper wiring harnesses, EZL, and such. no need for a diff either, the 2.82:1 in the 500SE is perfect and the speedo reads from the diff, soo i see no porblem there. motor mounts fit fine as well. custom exhaust, yes, but you want a custom exhaust for a project like this.

bottom line: its expensive and time consuming, but by no means impossible and MB parts will work (for the most part).
Old 12-26-2004, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I’m not about to waste my life proving a sack of on-line trash wrong. Its fact plain and simple. IF you were so smart and knew anything about the car you owned you would understand. They never made any US spec E500's and the few that were made were limited’s with custom paint and leatherwork. So again you are wrong.

Its not a matter of if sir... its a fact that it was built by MB not Porsche. The reason MB had Porsche do the work was they Porsche needed the business and MB did not have the production capacity at the time to build a V8 W124. Once MB got up to speed they took the contract back from Porsche and made the car in house. SO if you want the special car you think you own go sell your spiffy ride and buy the real deal. Car collectors wont care that Porsche made early versions. They will only realize that Porsche did NOT make your car. Sad to know that your car is the plain Jane version...the one that will fall in value faster and be just another MB... oh well.

If you think a link will solve your doubt you truly are crazy. The Internet is the worlds largest network of false facts and misquotes known to man. Call Porsche, RENNtech, MB... anyone who knows about the car. They will tell you the truth. You don’t even have the closed deck motor in your car... if you are going to own a 500 W124 you might as well get a closed deck motor so you can convert it to a 6.5L 450 hp version one day. Oh well again!

And to think I said you had the nicest car MB ever made. I don’t know why I was so polite. You quite simply the dumbest person I have seen on the board. And believe me I’ve come across more than a few crackpipe users on this great service. It really is an honor to be the #1 goof bucket..... You should be honored.
how 'bout BIXenon lover, that guy was an idiot. and PRHelopilot was an idiot too. this guy is not an idiot, just rough with the delivery. message is sound (at least the part about quality).
Old 02-17-2007, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
I can't believe the stupidity of people today. Those who told you to do this neat 'trick' are stupid enough, but ultimately it's YOU that wins the Darwin Award in this situation for even listening to them in the first place. Oil+water= the life of an engine. Remember THAT you silly moron. No offense. And learn to spell! You will be cleaning my kids' toilets if you don't go buy yourself some brains and some common sense, and I don't even have kids yet!
Don't ruin any more Mercedes with your low IQ, K? Mercedes' are for the educated class, not the dumb class. You need to be riding the bus, and after this incident I'm sure that's exactly what you'll be doing. Thanks for the laughs. You got what you deserved.
+1
Old 02-17-2007, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDi, 2008 3/4 Ton Suburban, 2007 "rice rickshaw" Accord 5 speed
what you did was very dangerous too

Originally Posted by egxpimp
this one was actualy the longest , usually it was only turn on turn off thats it .... not even one second....and at the timei turn it on i would have someone poor kerosene in so it would clean the engine this time i had someone check oil filter to see if compression was okay.....i swear less then 5 secs if not just five....i think i timing chain is gone...which i was going to replace anyways soooo im takiong the car to the mechanic today see what he has to say ...if the engine is gone....then i might consider sellling it schwars ima have to talk to my dad first....
eg
Kerosene is flammable and if you pour it down the oil filler hole with the engine running you can set the car and yourself on fire like the Buddhist monk in Vietnam. Not nice.

At least you are still alive.