S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

New exhaust system in! Gen3 exhuast almost done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New exhaust system in! Gen3 exhuast almost done

well guys here are the picture for the 3rd generation exhaust and this should be the last redo of the exhaust. I chose the 18" aluminized 5x8 magnaflow free flow muffler b/c its the largest one that can fit our W140's with the tips. The tips are roughly 10" long but b/c you can overap it should realy only come out to about 26-28" total length which is perfect, that plus the 34" monster resonator i have it will really sould like a AMG V8.

THe muffler was about $79, and the tips were about $60 so for roughly $140 plus the $54 for the resonator you can have a top notch sounding system. I will have sound clips early next week. I have a feeling it will sound perfect. Oh by the way if anyone wants my exhaust you have have it for free just pay for shipping (great for those if you who plan to keep stock resonator.

anyways here are the pics

Old 06-27-2005, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the car is in the shop, i should have sound clips by tomorrow night
Old 06-28-2005, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Great news!!! EXHAUST OFFICIALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, for those of you who have been following my project I have tried out many exhaust setups but just was not happy with the results, so i finally after 3 tries I got it right. So heres the final setup
  1. Mandrel bent 2.5" diameter piping throughout the whole system
  2. 34" long, 2.5" diameter custom resonator
  3. Magnaflow 5x8 aluminized muffler, 18" long 2.5" diameter
  4. Magnaflow Stainless Steel dual tips

The exhaust system is MUCH MUCH more refined now with the new exhaust and its actually a tad bit on the quiet side but as the initial muffler packing burns away it will get slightly louder over time. at idle it sounds extremely smooth and high quality with just a slight burble to give it that aggressive V8 sound. Driving it around the exhaust no longer drones at all and is very smoooth and you can tell its there but its barely noticed compared to before where it hurt your ears. the magnaflow muffler is a true straight pipe design so it gives maximum airflow while still. I may change the resonator now that i have a much bigger muffler to Aero turbine later but that will probably be a long time from now, i want this muffler to break-in and once the sound settles i will decide from then on. Power definately feels great but still trying to fix the bad sparkplug wires and etc, once I do that I will get a definative dyno. Sound clips will be coming in the next few days, shop has been delaying it so it will be a few days before i can get sound bytes. ttyl