S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

New Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88 260 E
New Mods

NEW MODS
Thought I'd update you guys with what I've done so far.

H&R lowering springs
Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks
20" Chrome Brabus Monoblock IV
Chrome vent surrounds
Chrome shift gate frame
Brushed Aluminum shift gate
Chrome/burlwood shift knob
Brabus illuminated door sills front & back
Blinking folding mirrors
Chrome door handle covers
Chrome trunk piece
Debadged
Puddle lights
HID's
Clear Corners
Smoked Led tailights
Kenwood Rear view camera
3.5 " in-dash unit
Attached Thumbnails New Mods-blinking.jpg   New Mods-clear-corner.jpg   New Mods-clerar.jpg   New Mods-front-illuminated-2.jpg   New Mods-hid.jpg  

Old 12-22-2007, 10:45 PM

88 260 E
Some More
Attached Thumbnails New Mods-indash.jpg   New Mods-kenwoodjpg.jpg   New Mods-led-tails.jpg   New Mods-puddle.jpg   New Mods-rear-illuminated.jpg  

Old 12-23-2007, 03:49 PM

88 260 E
Day Pics

Here's some day pics
Attached Thumbnails New Mods-folding.jpg   New Mods-s600.jpg   New Mods-ledrearjpg.jpg   New Mods-sidejpg.jpg  
Old 12-23-2007, 08:47 PM

c43
Here are some thoughts:

I'm glad somebody is modding the w140s they are great cars. That said, not a fan of the wheels, those kind of chrome wheels have a huge market for them, the classic symbol of luxury and class from Mercedes-Benz is not one of them. The chrome door handles look good, and I like how you upgraded the mirrors, I just wish you would have purchased 210 style mirrors, it has a more updated look the goes very well with the w140 and w202 (baby S class). Car has a great stance but I was wondering why you went with the hd instead of sport? Did the ride quality over sport have a big impact? I would also suggest having the brabus puddle lights be white instead of blue (just a preference thing, maybe get the real brabus bulbs, they're just $$$$). I also would say to change the bulbs in your folding mirrors to white color. Love the HIDs they should have came standard... did you get the self leveling as well? Chrome over the trunk lid boot is a must, all non amgs should have had them, just matches better imo. I'm not sure if they just don't have them to buy, but the ill door sills would have looked better if the logo was centered, not sure why its not... I am curious to see how you had it wired. Do all of them light up when one door is opened? Did you tap the dome light? We need pictures of the ice upgrade!!! Going back to the wheels, do you have any rubbing issues? What is the setup? Might want to look into rolling the fenders if its rubbing. Even if its not rolled fenders look more aggressive and can fit more rubber, which is always a plus. Avantgrade grill is a must, same with corners and smoked rear, all look great and give it a more updated apperance. Lastly, the front bumper, stockie looks horrible, you would think mercedes would have put foglights at least, not like its an S class or anything... maybe brabus front bumper? Oh and paint looks great... really clean. Cheers.

~ Ashkan

Last edited by Ashkan's C43; 12-23-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:56 AM

88 260 E
Brabus puddle lights are too deep for stock side skirts, had to find another alternative. Blue was chosen as it matches the illuminated door sills. It would look like a xmas tree to have different color lights when you open the doors, door sills blue and white puddle lights. As for centering the door sills, they come that way and look fine. Sport springs would have dropped it an additional 1/2 " or so, which I did not want;also heavy duty retains somewhat of the original suspension without being harsh which the sports and H&R combo would've given. Fenders are rolled front and back no rubbing what so ever, I'm not a big proponent of chrome, but against a classic white W140 it looks a little updated but yet classy. I've been looking for a different front bumper but to retain the Brabus theme I've decided against it since Brabus no longer makes parts for the W140. Fog lights are already in the the headlights, any additional fog lights would just be for looks. W210 mirrors are too sporty and curved against a boxy W140
& as far as I know there are no AMG W140's. I've only added the rear view cam and indash, which will be replaced with another unit soon. Stock audio is loud & clean enough for me. This will be the third MB that I modded so I've learned some things along the way.