S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Project S32 ///amg !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, great news:

The two magnaflow resonators came in today and that should make a total of 3 resonators, it should really help clean up the sound but still give it that grunt i wanted while still making it very free flowing. it should sound really great. The final system will have 3 resonators (two 10" and one 18") plus the universal muffler. The exhaust should be done soon.

Performance: the exhaust is great. i really feel alot more low end torque now and 2nd gear starts are alot easier with the 6 banger. At full throttle its absolutely awesome, the car revs and revs and revs. The motor feels less restricted and more responsive (doesnt feel like its getting choked like it was with the stock exhaust). I do not know how much HP total the intake and exhaust will add but i have a feeling its quite a bit. I will be dynoeing in a few months once the car is back in tucson so i can Dyno on the exact same dyno for accurate results to compare by. I'll keep yall updated and try to get some pics.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
Hey guys, great news:

The two magnaflow resonators came in today and that should make a total of 3 resonators, it should really help clean up the sound but still give it that grunt i wanted while still making it very free flowing. it should sound really great. The final system will have 3 resonators (two 10" and one 18") plus the universal muffler. The exhaust should be done soon.

Performance: the exhaust is great. i really feel alot more low end torque now and 2nd gear starts are alot easier with the 6 banger. At full throttle its absolutely awesome, the car revs and revs and revs. The motor feels less restricted and more responsive (doesnt feel like its getting choked like it was with the stock exhaust). I do not know how much HP total the intake and exhaust will add but i have a feeling its quite a bit. I will be dynoeing in a few months once the car is back in tucson so i can Dyno on the exact same dyno for accurate results to compare by. I'll keep yall updated and try to get some pics.
Its becoming apparent that most of these benefits are conceptual.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

we will see, i will back up gains with dyno proof unlike anyone else on this forum. I have the only W140 dyno i've ever even seen so im at least a step ahead of the game. believe what you want but the gains are definately there, benz intake and exhaust are probably the most restrictive of any auto manufacturer, anyone who knows anything about cars knows that, thats why they are so damn quiet. not to mention traction is actually becoming an issue (on 265/35/18's) where as it never was before (on dinky stock tires) shows theres at least some increase in torque (remember 6cyls had open diff and no traction control).

Last edited by Bernanke; 03-15-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Banned

we will see, i will back up gains with dyno proof unlike anyone else on this forum. I have the only W140 dyno i've ever even seen so im at least a step ahead of the game. believe what you want but the gains are definately there, benz intake and exhaust are probably the most restrictive of any auto manufacturer, anyone who knows anything about cars knows that, thats why they are so damn quiet. not to mention traction is actually becoming an issue (on 265/35/18's) where as it never was before (on dinky stock tires) shows theres at least some increase in torque (remember 6cyls had open diff and no traction control).
This reminds me of the 2nd World War when every allied plane builder was looking for a way to increase the real speed of a propeller driven aircraft. It was already obscene ...... and then one day they flew into a sqad of German rocket powered formations and realised that things had come a long way.

Whilst I admire your skill I fail to see the merits of the chosen platform.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

b/c it was handed down to be for free so i will do what i can with it. obviously i could buy a S600 if i wanted to but i didn't get it for free.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Banned

b/c it was handed down to be for free so i will do what i can with it. obviously i could buy a S600 if i wanted to but i didn't get it for free.
Ever heard of trading up ?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i dont want to spend money on a new, why should i, its a waste of money. this is just my daily driver. I have one of the most powerful naturally aspirated stock internal 95 m3's in the country, so i have my racer, this is just a little toy to play with. Not to mention 6cyls are by far the most reliable W140's so in the long run this is much less expensive. I had a W140 V8 and it was a headache and a half.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
how are the plans for the headers coming? port and polish would be very nice as well as boring out some, now that you have to change the headgas... you should be able to do these pretty easily, also kompressor would be nice... you could be in the 500 range easily this way....
Old 03-15-2005, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nto gonna do kompressor, i dont wanna spend that much money. honestly the only thing left I will do after intake and exhaust is springs to help drop the car and make it handle alittle better. other then that its pretty much perfect for what i want, intake and exhaust really helped the motor open up and breathe better. I think 15-20 crank HP is probably what i got. I MIGHT do big bore throttle body b/c i know someone who does it so it is a possibility. but other then that anything else would just be a waste of time and money honestly, its a daily cruiser and i just wanted it to be alittle peppier. the ONLY thing else i'd do is chip if i could find one but thats pretty rare find.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up Exhaust Done !!!

Hey guys, I picked the car up from the shop today...

I saw the exhaust and WOW it looks so much better than it used to. the tips now come straight out of the bumper instead of dropping down below it like most people do. it looks much much better and more aggressive. i may end up raising the exhaust just a tiny bit but over all the look is awesome especially from the back at a low angle.

Design: I changed the design this time slightly. before the exhaust tubing went straight back from the cats and then did two 90 degree turns (one right, then one left) to avoid diff casing, but this time, I merely slanted the initial resonator at a slight angle so that both could be run directly straight through and it is a much more free flowing design with fewer bends (thereby better flow). I used two instead of 3 resonators because there just was not enough room to run 3 full resonators so i ran the two matching magnaflow resonators. After all that was done I then had the extire system painted with high temp black header thermal coating paint in order to pretect the metal from rust as well as make it look nice and professional looking.

Sound: The exhaust definately sounds aggressive but the two resonators really helped remove alot of the unwanted resonance i was getting at low rpms and daily driving. at full throttle its definately alot louder but not too loud that it drowns out the intake noise as well, its a nice balance of both worlds. at throttle its pretty refined but still has a little of that raw burble to it. At full throttle pats 4krpm it screams to redline.

performance: I definately noticed a big difference in performance. I was really happy with the way the car performance and the car just feels alot less restricted over all. I'm very happy with the results. I would suspenct a 10-12HP gain for the resonator bypass and free flow exhaust, and about 8-10HP for the intake so i'm at about 18-22HP total gain, but agian only dyno will tell for sure. Im desperately trying to find a chip for my car but have had no luck yet whatsoever, if anyone knows who makes chips for these 6 banger I6s lemme know. thanks
Old 03-21-2005, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

third & final exhaust revision planned

The second exhaust revision is much better but I think I may undergo one more revision to really help get rid of the rest of the resonance. The third and final revision will have one long magnaflow XL resonator that will go directly from the rear exhaust flange all the way to the rear axle (a good 24-36"), this way it will be one single peice with perfectly straight flow design and it will eliminate any of the wasted spacein between the two resonators as well as after the resonator. This should help eliminated 90% of the resonance and it would be equivalent to having 3 of my current resonators that I have installed instead of two inline. I will try and get videos and sound clips as soon as possible. The tips are now perfect and sit directly out of the bumper instead of below it.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys. If i plan on doing headers i will eventually need a software retune and i already feel like the top end could benefit from more fuel. I am comtemplating being the first to put a Unichip engine management piggyback system on my W140 so i can get it custom dyno tuned to get the maximum power out of it. then i can dyno tune it with a laptop. I will keep yall updated...

On a nother note... I found someone who can make custom sized resonators which are perfect if you want to run a custom exhaust. I willl do my third and final exhaust revision with the longest single resonator i can fit before the muffler and hopefully that will eliminate the rest of the sound resonance which i have a feeling it will b/c it would be equivalent to like 3 inline resonators of what i have now and I am currently running two inline, so in theory it should be a third quieter than what it is now which is perfect. anyways i will keep yall updated
Old 04-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Banned

1995 w140 s500
omey take some pics of ur custom exhaust.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

for sure will do. I am doing one last and final revision, this time I will get a custom length long tube high flow resonator which will really help quiet down the resonance. It will be the equivalent of three of the resonators that i curently have inline (instead of just the two that I have). and not only taht but I will buy some Mandrel bent bends from Jegs.com which will perfect the system and of course I will paint it with high temp black paint once I'm done. I won't be back home for a while but when i will most pics. this is definately a great way to make power and enhance the sound of hte car without having to get ripped off by the aftermarket benz monopolies.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
WTF!! the only remotely AMG is your AMG badge and those rims. I seriously hope you don't go around and tell people that's an AMG.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

newsflash buddy, half the non AMG cars have amg badges on them now, they come like that from the dealership.

You obviously are missing the point. There is no such thing as a S32, its a joke but i guess you couldn't wrap your brain around that one.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:31 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
newsflash buddy, half the non AMG cars have amg badges on them now, they come like that from the dealership.

You obviously are missing the point. There is no such thing as a S32, its a joke but i guess you couldn't wrap your brain around that one.
newsflash: "your news is wrong." show me a non AMG car that came from the factory for sale in the U.S. of A that has the AMG badge not installed by the dealership. This doesn't include the AMG evolution package that's offered on the W203 c-class that has'em since the introduction of the C32 and the new CLK AMG package that they are starting to offer in Europe.

btw, you think i don't know there's no such thing as S32?
Old 04-06-2005, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FrankW
newsflash: "your news is wrong." show me a non AMG car that came from the factory for sale in the U.S. of A that has the AMG badge not installed by the dealership. This doesn't include the AMG evolution package that's offered on the W203 c-class that has'em since the introduction of the C32 and the new CLK AMG package that they are starting to offer in Europe.

btw, you think i don't know there's no such thing as S32?

how much you wanna bet. it doesn't come from the factory, but it does come from the dealership with AMG badge, come to houston TX you will see half the cars with AMG badges on non AMG cars. I will put down the keys to my car if you dont believe me. get a plane ticket, come to houston TX, look at all the cars and see for yourself.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:40 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
how much you wanna bet. it doesn't come from the factory, but it does come from the dealership with AMG badge, come to houston TX you will see half the cars with AMG badges on non AMG cars. I will put down the keys to my car if you dont believe me. get a plane ticket, come to houston TX, look at all the cars and see for yourself.
when the heck does Houston dealership represent what MBUSA or Mercedes-Benz puts on the market? And how does this prove "half" the cars have AMG badges on them? Does the Houston population represent the whole U.S.? I guess people in Houston are happy that they got tricked thinking they bought AMGs.

how much you want to bet the cars doesn't come from the factory with AMG badge??

btw, READ my previous post again. Let me BOLD it for you show me a non AMG car that came from the factory for sale in the U.S. of A that has the AMG badge not installed by the dealership. This doesn't include the AMG evolution package that's offered on the W203 c-class that has'em since the introduction of the C32 and the new CLK AMG package that they are starting to offer in Europe. ..I already won my argument. laterz
Old 04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nice try pal but you did not win anything. If you ask the dealership will put AMG badge on your car. its that simple go back to whatever forum you came from you dont even drive a W140. you still didn't get a plane ticket and come to houston so i guess i won the arguement.

Nice try pal, maybe next time, HAHA!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:09 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
nice try pal but you did not win anything. If you ask the dealership will put AMG badge on your car. its that simple go back to whatever forum you came from you dont even drive a W140. you still didn't get a plane ticket and come to houston so i guess i won the arguement.

Nice try pal, maybe next time, HAHA!
DUH!!! the AMG badge's $50 bucks of course they will put it on for you if you want to pay for it. and why the hell do I need to go to Houston when you already proved my statement to be correct that "regular MBz doesn't come from the factory with the AMG badge for sale in the U.S."

good luck w/ pretending you have an AMG to impress those that don't know.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I dont need to impress anyone. I have one of the nicest BMW E36 M3's in the entire country, this W140 is just a little toy for me to play with, so thats exactly what im doing to it, just making it a sweet daily driver and something thats unique.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
OH my gosh is this thread seriously still alive?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
couple of Benzos
Worst Thread Ever
Old 04-11-2005, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
I don't understand why you guys cannot accept his plan to modify his car with his money and his time. Omey just wanted to share his experience with us. Why do we care and even insult his idea? It's not your car he messing with anyway. I care to know what is the outcome of his modification and result even if you don't.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project S32 ///amg !!!!!