S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

No sound out of command stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2005 | 03:16 PM

CLS500
No sound out of command stereo

Stereo sound in my command stopped working a few days ago. All other functions in the command seem to be working except for the voice control and the stereo sound. Nav, MFD, steering wheel controls all seem to work, but no sound out of the stereo. Swapped the command out and put the original head unit back in, but still no sound. I'm thinking it's related to the amp, but not sure. Anyone have a down and dirty way to isolate where my problem may be coming from? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2005 | 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by d-e-z
Stereo sound in my command stopped working a few days ago. All other functions in the command seem to be working except for the voice control and the stereo sound. Nav, MFD, steering wheel controls all seem to work, but no sound out of the stereo. Swapped the command out and put the original head unit back in, but still no sound. I'm thinking it's related to the amp, but not sure. Anyone have a down and dirty way to isolate where my problem may be coming from? Thanks.
Things to look at.
- did you add any device like a CD stacker ?
- did you alter or add any wakeup lines (blue wires)
- possible dead module (any device with fibre optic e.g. BOSE, Voice control, CD, Phone, teleaid <<<< check all these fuses too)

In the optical loop if one device is shot then you hear nothing. If you add a device and dont connect the blue wire then the same thing even if you have power.
Old 07-06-2005 | 10:05 PM

This happen to me...not sure exactly what i did but....if i recall this is what i did....well i was driving one day and all of sudden no sound was coming out.....well the problem was simple...but without the know how...it could cost you lots of dinero if you took to the dealer to fix...then they would stick to you.....

There is a fuse box....in the back seat behind the front passenger seat were the light is.....you have to pop off where the light is and look for the fuse, i believe was 7.5.......pull it out.....wait 30 secs and then put it back...thats how mine worked...... let me know what happens