Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 10:42 PM
JAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
2000 S500 headlight switch icons

Hey All,

Wondering if the icons around the headlight switch, in your cars, are illuminated at night.

My foglight indicators are illuminated (when on), and the icon on the switch knob itself lights up, but the icons around it (parking light icon, headlamp icon, left and right standing light icons) do not light.

So, is it a burned out lamp, or just something that Benz decided not to illuminate?

Also, do the vent wheels on your rear side air vents light up? My front vents and rear center vent light up at night, but not the sides. Please advise.

Thank you very much for your input.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
hmm, nope, don't think those other ones light up.

btw, i never figured out why the left and right standing lights

as for the air vents - even my center vents don't light up, perhaps i have a slightly older model? the only ambient lights i have in the S are inside the door pulls.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:24 AM
JAM

SL600
The standing lights are to turn on either the left or right side marker lights when you are parked and the car is off. The idea is that they keep the traffic away from your car. I have seen people in France use them.

I wonder if your vent illumination is different, due to your car's country coding. I do appreciate the information, though.

Anyone from the US with any information?

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
I just checked and only one icon is lit, plus the headlight washer button. Strange, but I never noticed that before. Didn't actually start the engine, but turned the key all the way to the right.

The standing lights are a handy safety feature if you park on a narrow street or drive--at night. It is especially useful in Europe where many "streets" are barely passable for one car.