Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes S55
Confused?? Need answers Fast!!!

Hey guys,
So I finally receive my new BiXenon headlights and now I'm confused. When I ordered the lights I said that I need the ones for ABC suspension because my car has ABC suspension. The lights that I received has only two connections (one for an in-line 6 wire plug and the other for in-line 3 wire). After reading all the posts and seeing many pictures of other BiXenons on this forum I've only seen BiXenons with 3 connectors (third one being a in-line 4 pin connector). I'm a bit confused. Did I order the correct set. The part numbers for my lights are 220 820 35 61 and 220 820 36 61. Can someone shed some light on this? I need help fast because I need to send these back and get the correct one if these aren't the right ones for my car. Thanks guys.

Last edited by masturkev; 11-02-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S500 W220 Sport w/ Black Lorinser LM5(Sold), CLS500 Designo Edition, Kleeman effect w/ Kleeman Exh
Originally Posted by masturkev
Hey guys,
So I finally receive my new BiXenon headlights and now I'm confused. When I ordered the lights I said that I need the ones for ABC suspension because my car has ABC suspension. The lights that I received has only two connections (one for an in-line 6 wire plug and the other for in-line 3 wire). After reading all the posts and seeing many pictures of other BiXenons on this forum I've only seen BiXenons with 3 connectors (third one being a in-line 4 pin connector). I'm a bit confused. Did I order the correct set. The part numbers for my lights are 220 820 35 61 and 220 820 36 61. Can someone shed some light on this? I need help fast because I need to send these back and get the correct one if these aren't the right ones for my car. Thanks guys.

I have a similar problem too....but In my case the new OEM bi-xenon headlight that I bought has 3 plugs whereas my car only has 2 plugs. Will an adapter fix this problem? Any advice anybody??????
Old 11-08-2005, 08:32 PM

S500 W220 Sport w/ Black Lorinser LM5(Sold), CLS500 Designo Edition, Kleeman effect w/ Kleeman Exh
Thumbs up

advice anyone?!!?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If I remember right, the lights that have a three prong connection are MY2003 or newer. The older ones MY2002 and before, are two prong and consequently will not fit.

It might be better to try a search on the forum to see what other members have done. I think it's possible, but I honestly cannot remember from the top of my head.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:47 AM

Thumbs up

thanks....anyone know where I can buy the wiring adapter for the bi-xenon headlights?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes S55
I think I figured it out...

I own a 2002 S55 which comes standard with Active Body Control (ABC) suspension. When I ordered the 2006 BiXenons, I had the option to choose between ABC or without ABC suspension. I figured my car has ABC, so I chose the set for ABC suspension. The lights came in and I notice my lights only had two connectors with pins in them and another behind the lowbeams without any pins in them. After doing my own research, I came to the conclusion that on the newer W220 equipped with ABC, auto leveling was not neccessary therefore, the third (auto leveling) connector does not come with ABC equipped cars.

In your case, I believe you have the correct lights for you car. You can install these lights onto your car and everything including the auto leveling feature should work. You will need the adapters/harnesses to make them work though.

I ended up returning the bixenons in exchange for a different set. I ordered the ones for non-ABC suspension cars. The newer set will have 3 connectors. Third connector being the auto leveling. I should receive them later this week. I will keep you updated when I get the project completed.

Last edited by masturkev; 11-09-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
I own a 2002 S55 which comes standard with Active Body Control (ABC) suspension. When I ordered the 2006 BiXenons, I had the option to choose between ABC or without ABC suspension. I figured my car has ABC, so I chose the set for ABC suspension. The lights came in and I notice my lights only had two connectors with pins in them and another behind the lowbeams without any pins in them. After doing my own research, I came to the conclusion that on the newer W220 equipped with ABC, auto leveling was not neccessary therefore, the third (auto leveling) connector does not come with ABC equipped cars.

In your case, I believe you have the correct lights for you car. You can install these lights onto your car and everything including the auto leveling feature should work. You will need the adapters/harnesses to make them work though.

I ended up returning the bixenons in exchange for a different set. I ordered the ones for non-ABC suspension cars. The newer set will have 3 connectors. Third connector being the auto leveling. I should receive them later this week. I will keep you updated when I get the project completed.
On my 2000 S500 I bought the 2 connector type lamps from procarparts.com and I have the auto leveling feature and it works perfectly and they were plug n play.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:35 PM

Do you know where I can buy the wiring harness/adapter?? I know MBwerks.com had them but it seems like their website has been closed down
Old 11-11-2005, 12:06 AM

Thumbs up

?