Check Engine Light Is On

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S500 SPORT DESIGNO
Question Check Engine Light Is On

My Check Engine Light Came One While I Was Just Driving Normal And Then Went Off About 45 Minutes Later Then Came Back On The Next Day And Stayed On.my Question Is When Your Cars Check Engine Came On What Ended Up Being The Problem? I Searched The Forums And Some Say The Cat Convert,gas Cap Things Like That But I Would Like To Know What The Dealer Said Was The Problem And How Much Does It Cost Just To Pull Codes And What Was The Cost To Fix Your Problems. Im Going To Be Taking The Car Into Mb Of Walnut Creek, Ca Anyone Had Problems With That Dealship? Thanks In Advance I Would Like As Much Info As I Can Get Before I Take It To The Sometimes Know As "stealership"
Old 11-09-2005, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
You can take it Autozone or Pepboys and at least have 'em connect it to an OBDII (on board diagnostic II, for post-1996 vehicles)scanner and get the codes for ya. Until you do that, there ain't much we can do for you at this time. They should not charge you for that versus MB for $75 or whatever the heck they are charging for a diagnostic. OBDII scanners are cheap nowadays..you can get 'em at Autozone, Pepboys and even Sears now.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 S500 SPORT DESIGNO
Arrow

Originally Posted by StapleGun
You can take it Autozone or Pepboys and at least have 'em connect it to an OBDII (on board diagnostic II, for post-1996 vehicles)scanner and get the codes for ya. Until you do that, there ain't much we can do for you at this time. They should not charge you for that versus MB for $75 or whatever the heck they are charging for a diagnostic. OBDII scanners are cheap nowadays..you can get 'em at Autozone, Pepboys and even Sears now.
well as others described before it was only the gas cap i took it off cleaned it all up and put it on tight light went off and stayed off after about an hour