Old 11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by LetsJet
Unbelievable..........

I hope they catch them.

Bowling ball is no match for a gun.
made me think of the Big Lebowski when John Goodman chucks his bowling ball at the crazy dude in the parking lot.

Sorry to make light of the situation.
I hope all goes well.
Its never fun to have a gun pointed at you. I've had a gun pointed at me twice at the pharmacy I work at. best thing to do is always give them what they want. nothing....I mean nothing is worth a life.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
if I had another person with me that is exactly how I would have reacted- give them the keys, get them to go away.

However, if I was alone I would say "look, one phonecall to MBenz and they turn off the engine from a satellite and tell the cops exactly where the car is... do you want to deal with all of that bull****? If you do then here are the keys, if you don't then you can just walk away right now and nothing will happen." But, then, I just seem to be really good at making everyone who deals with me like are are on the same level, like I'm just like them. I don't treat anyone like they are any better / lower than I am, I don't treat anyone like they are any smarter / dumber than I am. When people can tell that's how you see them they have more respect for you and listen more to what you have to say. Of course, it's still a big risk but I'm willing to take that risk. Of course, like I said above, if there is another person with me I won't take that risk for them because I don't have a right to.

anyhow, I was pretty sure that I read somewhere a while back that TeleAid could turn off the ignition remotely... am I wrong?

edit: by the way, this makes me really think hard about getting an armoured car. Or, at least, bulletproof glass. Also, if ever anyone tries to carjack me while I'm stopped by pointing a gun at my window I will crack the window a little and kind of smirk while I say "do you know what this spells- b-u-l-l-e--t-p-r-o-o-f? What kind of fool tries to jack a Benz with blue bulletproof glass?" Might work! Of not... well that's what off-the-line torque is for! Noone is getting my purple baby!

Last edited by b3d_sage; 12-05-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:23 PM

I am glad no one hurts in this episode. When this happens to any of us , the best way is just hand over the key and walk away. Don't even say a word other than "yes, Sir". This crook will not let you go if he knows your car can be traced by police or turned off by MBZ. When he can not get your car, he will go for your wallet, watch and jewelry. Most of us (big shots) are driving loaded with creditcards without any cash in the pocket. This is very dangerous, he will kill you out of his frustration for not handing him $5 for beer or $15 for a crack join or....
Old 12-05-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
if I had another person with me that is exactly how I would have reacted- give them the keys, get them to go away.

However, if I was alone I would say "look, one phonecall to MBenz and they turn off the engine from a satellite and tell the cops exactly where the car is... do you want to deal with all of that bull****? If you do then here are the keys, if you don't then you can just walk away right now and nothing will happen." But, then, I just seem to be really good at making everyone who deals with me like are are on the same level, like I'm just like them. I don't treat anyone like they are any better / lower than I am, I don't treat anyone like they are any smarter / dumber than I am. When people can tell that's how you see them they have more respect for you and listen more to what you have to say. Of course, it's still a big risk but I'm willing to take that risk. Of course, like I said above, if there is another person with me I won't take that risk for them because I don't have a right to.

anyhow, I was pretty sure that I read somewhere a while back that TeleAid could turn off the ignition remotely... am I wrong?

edit: by the way, this makes me really think hard about getting an armoured car. Or, at least, bulletproof glass. Also, if ever anyone tries to carjack me while I'm stopped by pointing a gun at my window I will crack the window a little and kind of smirk while I say "do you know what this spells- b-u-l-l-e--t-p-r-o-o-f? What kind of fool tries to jack a Benz with blue bulletproof glass?" Might work! Of not... well that's what off-the-line torque is for! Noone is getting my purple baby!
They got him when he was getting out, bulletproof glass won't help with that, although it would have helped Camron out in his Lambo.

If you say that, they might say, okay, get into the car with us. I'd still just hand over the keys, alone or not.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Incendiary
They got him when he was getting out, bulletproof glass won't help with that, although it would have helped Camron out in his Lambo.
yeah, unfortunately we cannot be 100% safe 100% of the time.

If you say that, they might say, okay, get into the car with us. I'd still just hand over the keys, alone or not.
that's definitely true... a lot of your common street thugs (that isnt cracked out) won't want to mess with kidnapping/murder, especially of someone important. misreading someone, assuming that they aren't willing to take those risks when they in fact are is the risk that you take when you confront someone like that. That is why I wouldnt do it unless I was alone. Of course, anything you do in a situation like that is taking a risk.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:46 PM

2000 S430, 2002 Range Rover HSE 1985 BMW 535 (Sold), 99 BMW 530 (R.I.P), 98 Mazda Millenia (R.I.P)
Welll...here's where things are as of tonight: The car was taken to the Baltimore City Yard by the city police department. I went and took a look at the car two days ago, and as the attendant drove me through the lot looking for my car, I realized that I DO have an emotional attachment to the Benz...I mean...I was getting excited for Chrissakes! I always dreamed of owning a Benz, and I damn sure didn't think I'd get one before turning 30, so yeah, I was amped to see my whip after almost over a week.
We found the car and for the most part, it seemed to be intact, at least on the outside. Both side mirrors were badly damaged and one of the rims was badly scratched (damn...just got those 19"AMG wheels too ). It also appears these fools damaged either the airmatic system or something, cos the front end of the car seems to be laying on top of the front wheels, the top part of the front wheels are almost under the car. The ignition was badly mangled (the city cops told me that the car was stolen from the guys who stole it from me )
I was unable to gain access to the car cos the keys were not found with the car (I wonder if they plan to come back and gain entrance into the car using the key).
I informed my insurance company that the key is missing, and the dude I'm dealing with seems unwilling to pay for another key....WTF???

Anyway, MB Roadside assistance is meeting the insurance rep and I at the tow yard tomorrow to open the car so a damage assessment can be made.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend has calmed down a little...last week she swore should would never set foot inside the Benz ever again...she's coming around....
Old 12-06-2005, 12:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
I hope it works out for you..........

Keep us posted
Old 12-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Glad things are beginning to go your way. BTW Crazy Merc Fan has been banned for his comments to Velicity55 in his thread about being attached by some crazy guy in a Honda S2000. The thread is in the E55 forum.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by can drive 55
Glad things are beginning to go your way. BTW Crazy Merc Fan has been banned for his comments to Velicity55 in his thread about being attached by some crazy guy in a Honda S2000. The thread is in the E55 forum.
glad to see that he wont be posting in this thread anymore...

also, here in the DFW area we have had some people pulling up to cars and shooting at the people in them. It was three times in one night. It's been all over the news so if you live around here I'm sure you have heard about it. Apparently, one was an attempted carjacking and the person hit the pedal because they (she?) knewn that if she got out of the car they would take it and probably kill her. The thugs shot at the car as she drove away and, i believe, barely missed hitting her.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Good reasons for driving as fast as conditions allow. Put distance between you and the a**holes.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
BTW, good luck at TWU. I suppose you go to Ponder for steaks. Good place.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM

BTW, good luck at TWU. I suppose you go to Ponder for steaks. Good place.
Ponder? Don't actually know where that is. But, I'm hoping to xfer to SMU next year. Finals next week, about to write a 15pg paper for some extra credit in French class which I really messed up on my first test. If I get over this horrible flu and all else goes well next week I think I can pull off a 4.0 for the semester. This is my first year, btw.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Good job. Ponder is a small town west of I-35W just a few miles south of Denton. There is a steakhouse there called Ranchman's. It is real good and many celebrities eat there. Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty ate there during the filming of Bonnie and Clyde. It would be worth the trip. It is not far. You can see the high rises on campus form the road leading to the town of Ponder. They have a web site. Check it out.

www.ranchman.com
Old 12-08-2005, 01:06 AM

Good job. Ponder is a small town west of I-35W just a few miles south of Denton. There is a steakhouse there called Ranchman's. It is real good and many celebrities eat there. Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty ate there during the filming of Bonnie and Clyde. It would be worth the trip. It is not far. You can see the high rises on campus form the road leading to the town of Ponder. They have a web site. Check it out.

www.ranchman.com
hey great! thanks for letting me in on that one!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
You're welcome. Check it out and write a review. Don't forget to call ahead and reserve a baked potato. If they run out, don't worry, their french fries are mighty good, too.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:08 PM

You're welcome. Check it out and write a review. Don't forget to call ahead and reserve a baked potato. If they run out, don't worry, their french fries are mighty good, too.
cool, will-do! Have to go as soon as I get my car back (had a little parking-lot incident with a concrete parking strip... )
Old 12-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 CLK500 Coupe
Figures, you were driving in MD.

I have 1 thing to say, a car can be replaced, but lives cant, so be happy, at least they didn't sodomize you. And with that, I have a joke:

"A man escapes from prison where he's been for 15 years. He breaks into a house and finds a young couple in bed. He ties the guy to a chair and while tying the girl to the bed he kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into the bathroom. The husband tells his wife "Listen, this guy's an escaped convict! He probably hasn't seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck." If he wants sex, don't resist, do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter what . If he gets mad, he'll kill us. Be strong honey. I love you." She responds "He wasn't kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me he was gay, thought you were cute and asked me if we had any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you too!"
Old 12-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Gojaroo
Figures, you were driving in MD.

I have 1 thing to say, a car can be replaced, but lives cant, so be happy, at least they didn't sodomize you. And with that, I have a joke:

"A man escapes from prison where he's been for 15 years. He breaks into a house and finds a young couple in bed. He ties the guy to a chair and while tying the girl to the bed he kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into the bathroom. The husband tells his wife "Listen, this guy's an escaped convict! He probably hasn't seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck." If he wants sex, don't resist, do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter what . If he gets mad, he'll kill us. Be strong honey. I love you." She responds "He wasn't kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me he was gay, thought you were cute and asked me if we had any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you too!"
HAHAHAHAHA, that was a funny one Gojaroo!