S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Just got carjacked by two thugs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430, 2002 Range Rover HSE 1985 BMW 535 (Sold), 99 BMW 530 (R.I.P), 98 Mazda Millenia (R.I.P)
Yeah...I'm glad we were not harmed. Thanks for the good wishes everyone. The Stealer told me today that the damage to the ignition could be significant based on what the police told them, so the car may be history. We'll see it that is the case when the car is actually taken to the Stealership by the end of the week.

I wonder if I'll get reimbursed for all the $ spent on modifying the car....
Old 11-28-2005, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Glad to hear that you and the GF are safe. Hope the GF isn't too traumatized by the whole thing. If so, it might be better off getting a different car because it might bring back memories of the carjacking.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by Cocca
I hate to be the one to do this but, is anyone missing the irony here. Carjacked on "Security Blvd."???
Yes, dear old Security Boulevard - home to the headquarters of the U.S. Social Security Administration; Security Square Mall (where there have been many robberies, stabbings, and at least one shooting in the parking lot) - but then, at the opposite end from Social Security and past the mall there is the Health Care Finance Administration (now HMS), so you can get your medical bills paid after all the activity.

Glad you could get your car tracked.

Last edited by Skylaw; 11-28-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Banned

Sorry to say this but he is not safe at all. Do you all really think that the ganstaS relly gona let it go, after he called the cops on them. No way, if they are real guyz. They gona seek revenge, so naijaman you better be prepared for another visit of the bad guyz, moreover they may go to your most loved part of life-family. So, you should of thought before you called that 911, with what guyz you are dealing with. You actually may be in a greater danger than you were......
Old 11-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by CRAZY-MERC-FAN
Sorry to say this but he is not safe at all. Do you all really think that the ganstaS relly gona let it go, after he called the cops on them. No way, if they are real guyz. They gona seek revenge, so naijaman you better be prepared for another visit of the bad guyz, moreover they may go to your most loved part of life-family. So, you should of thought before you called that 911, with what guyz you are dealing with. You actually may be in a greater danger than you were......
He never said they were gangstas. But I think he did the right decision by calling the cops.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Banned

asianml

Yea, I think that in this situation he did the right thing. But who knows..... what may happen next, I am more than sure they didn't just randomly picked him, they spyed on him and will continue that....
Old 11-28-2005, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
I think CRAZY-MERC-FAN is just plain CRAZY. Either that or naijaman should just have the cops check you out... You sound like one of the bad guys.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Banned

Ramp
I was serious lol.... He might have very unhappy meeting with some of the gang representatives in near future....
Old 11-28-2005, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Ramp
I was serious lol.... He might have very unhappy meeting with some of the gang representatives in near future....
I know, and understand, but you sounded so "real" I thought maybe you were one of the "bangers." : )
Old 11-28-2005, 11:36 PM

'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
Originally Posted by naijaman
My question is: Does my 2000 S430 have some sort of GPS chip or something that could help locate the car? The cop asked if I had Onstar and I said no. Any help or advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Teleaid can track the car using the GPS system. If they find it they will only provide its location to law enforcement agencies. But, and this is the big one, Mercedes employees have told me the unit is in the same place in all cars. A professional thief will know where it is and disable it immediately.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:17 AM

2000 S430, 2002 Range Rover HSE 1985 BMW 535 (Sold), 99 BMW 530 (R.I.P), 98 Mazda Millenia (R.I.P)
Dude, I don't see how these "gangstas" would have been spying on me, since I don't frequent that 7-11 or even live in the area. Having said that, I was concerned that they might see my registration in the console and thus my home address, so we changed our locks that same night.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Dude, I don't see how these "gangstas" would have been spying on me, since I don't frequent that 7-11 or even live in the area. Having said that, I was concerned that they might see my registration in the console and thus my home address, so we changed our locks that same night.
They got your house keys? Were they on the same keychain as your car keys, I guess?

Sorry to hear, BTW. Baltimore blows, ask me how I know.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:50 AM

02 ML320, 06 E350
Originally Posted by Lender1
Teleaid can track the car using the GPS system. If they find it they will only provide its location to law enforcement agencies. But, and this is the big one, Mercedes employees have told me the unit is in the same place in all cars. A professional thief will know where it is and disable it immediately.
Was it the CEO of Daimler-benz not to long ago who got his million dollar armored mercedes stolen. the people who took it knew how to disable the GPS tracking and it hasnt been seen since. Kind of makes you think if they should re-think the location or maybe protect it more.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Almost a Member!

hey guys...my girlfriend and I just got carjacked by two armed thugs, and all I could do was watch helplessly as they drove off in my car. I called the cops and all that, and we may have caught a break cos these guys were at a 7-11 that we stopped at, and my girlfrined recognized them, so apparently they followed us from there and then carjacked us a few minutes later. Thankfully we were not harmed in anyway, God was watching over us!

My question is: Does my 2000 S430 have some sort of GPS chip or something that could help locate the car? The cop asked if I had Onstar and I said no. Any help or advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
ever heard about GPS??

most ppl put this GSP to their car, so they can track wherever their car located

Old 11-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned

BiTurboV12 AMG

If its made by humans, it will be cracked by them.. Simple as that
Old 11-29-2005, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S500
ummm... u sure know how to make one feel better
Old 11-29-2005, 05:35 PM

S500

I am also very glad that noone was hurt in this crazy incident. I would have called the cops 2.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:37 PM

2005 C55 AMG
crazy-merc-fan=

Last edited by rockgt302; 11-29-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:13 PM

S500

I am also very glad that noone was hurt in this crazy incident. I would have called the cops 2.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
Nah......... crime of convenience.

They took the ride and dumped it. I'm sure they expected the cops to be called. Not worth their time to make it personal. It isn't like he shot one of 'em.

Naijaman, you said they were "armed"...... with what? Did you see? If they had guns, you both are very lucky.

Also, how did they jack you? Were you driving? Stopped? What were they driving? I could see them getting you in the parking lot, but not sure how this went down after you left 7-11.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by LetsJet
Nah......... crime of convenience.

They took the ride and dumped it. I'm sure they expected the cops to be called. Not worth their time to make it personal. It isn't like he shot one of 'em.

Naijaman, you said they were "armed"...... with what? Did you see? If they had guns, you both are very lucky.

Also, how did they jack you? Were you driving? Stopped? What were they driving? I could see them getting you in the parking lot, but not sure how this went down after you left 7-11.
They both had guns...and while I'm not a gun person, I know a 9mm when I see one, and they both had one each. The carjacking occured right after parking the car and getting out. We barely took two steps before being accosted by the criminals. The first one said, "give me your keys", to which I said "this has to be a joke", which led to the both of them pulling out their guns and putting the barrels to our midsections.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 AM
EKY

2006 Acura RL - Aspec rims/spoiler, JDM grille
They both had guns...and while I'm not a gun person, I know a 9mm when I see one, and they both had one each. The carjacking occured right after parking the car and getting out. We barely took two steps before being accosted by the criminals. The first one said, "give me your keys", to which I said "this has to be a joke", which led to the both of them pulling out their guns and putting the barrels to our midsections.
Man, I just read that story about the CLS getting smashed for no reason and now this. The main thing is that you two got out unharmed. The car can always be replaced. Sorry to hear about this incident. Regards!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:33 PM

I'm still trying to understand a bit.....

At the 7-11 you spotted them.
They drove behind you to another location?
When you got out of your car (Mall, house?) they were already at your car.
They both drove off in your car or did one go back to the car that followed you?

Seems strange unless the other car they were in was stollen.

Any advice or thoughts not to have had this happen?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by LetsJet
I'm still trying to understand a bit.....

At the 7-11 you spotted them.
They drove behind you to another location?
When you got out of your car (Mall, house?) they were already at your car.
They both drove off in your car or did one go back to the car that followed you?

Seems strange unless the other car they were in was stollen.

Any advice or thoughts not to have had this happen?

They apparently followed us in their own car from the 7-11 to the bowling alley parking lot. I parked the car and then we both got out(of course after taking our cell phones, bowling bag etc from the car, which apparently gave them time to park their car and get out fast).
Old 11-30-2005, 06:24 PM

They apparently followed us in their own car from the 7-11 to the bowling alley parking lot. I parked the car and then we both got out(of course after taking our cell phones, bowling bag etc from the car, which apparently gave them time to park their car and get out fast).

Unbelievable..........

I hope they catch them.

Bowling ball is no match for a gun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got carjacked by two thugs