S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Carfax Reports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2011 S550 4matic
Carfax Reports

Im in the process of purchasing a 03 s500 and Im reviewing carfax reports. I know to look for the basic things like accidents, but in regard to the service history what exactly should it look like besides vehicle serviced? I do see sometimes it may say something like suspension serviced, or electrical serviced are these red flags saying something is wrong with the vehicle?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by BBALLER
Im in the process of purchasing a 03 s500 and Im reviewing carfax reports. I know to look for the basic things like accidents, but in regard to the service history what exactly should it look like besides vehicle serviced? I do see sometimes it may say something like suspension serviced, or electrical serviced are these red flags saying something is wrong with the vehicle?
"Suspension Serviced" -- that sounds like Airmatic baby.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
They are saying something was wrong with the vehicle and repaired. This does not mean the problem is chronic. On my '03 S430 one morning it would not start by the key or the keyless go. An ignition component failed, the car was towed to the dealer, repaired and never had another problem. That was the only thing that went wrong with it in two years and 33,000 miles.

I believe your primary concern is the same as mine would be, researching severe collision damage. There are some bodymen and painters that repair these cars so well it is very hard to detect they were in a bad accident. The bodyshop I used in Illinois (thankfully for only bumper cover refinishing) showed me an SL 500 that was wrecked so bad the repair bill was $50,000. I felt sorry for the guy that was going to end up with that car and I didn't even know him.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320
Ask for more than just CarFax reports; you want to see the complete service history that was done by the M-B dealer(s). It's all there, listed under the Vehicle Identification Number. CarFax is just one part of the equation...