S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

UK Teleatlas upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2006 | 10:39 AM

S500
Unhappy UK Teleatlas upgrade

Hi all

I have recently purchased an upgraded for my 1999/2000 Teleatlas Blaupunkt Nav CD. I purchased it from TeleAtlas themselves on their Navshop.

I have a 1999/2000 S500 and followed the on screen instructions and obtained the non-DX version but when I place the CD into the NAV drive within the dash, it just reads "No CD, please insert a NAV CD" or similar. I tried a number of times, but only the original works fine still.

I have to phone back tomorrow as the Teleatlas Helpdesk have a holiday today?

For info, the CD reads fine in a PC CD-ROM drive, i.e. I can see the files of the CD.

The guy (skeleton staff) who I did manage to speak to on the phone thinks it may be a dodgy CD, but if my PC can read it, would this be true?

Am I ordering the correct disk, I and the guy on the Helpdesk think so. Link :-- http://www.navshop.com/en/product/un...ilot/2891/11/1

Any comments/info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2006 | 12:25 PM

Mercedes Benz E350 CDi Blue Efficiency
Kevin,

I have found that sometimes you have to keep pushing the disc in and it will eventually read it. Happened on my friends S600, kept popping out, but he kept pushing it in and eventually it accepted it - hope this helps - not an ideal fix. Ironically, when I put my disc into his reader, it works fine without incident.
Old 06-20-2006 | 12:34 PM

2002 C320 (full AMG styling) - Brilliant Silver / Ash Leather (Orion Grey)
Originally Posted by KevinJ
Hi all

I have recently purchased an upgraded for my 1999/2000 Teleatlas Blaupunkt Nav CD. I purchased it from TeleAtlas themselves on their Navshop.

I have a 1999/2000 S500 and followed the on screen instructions and obtained the non-DX version but when I place the CD into the NAV drive within the dash, it just reads "No CD, please insert a NAV CD" or similar. I tried a number of times, but only the original works fine still.

I have to phone back tomorrow as the Teleatlas Helpdesk have a holiday today?

For info, the CD reads fine in a PC CD-ROM drive, i.e. I can see the files of the CD.

The guy (skeleton staff) who I did manage to speak to on the phone thinks it may be a dodgy CD, but if my PC can read it, would this be true?

Am I ordering the correct disk, I and the guy on the Helpdesk think so. Link :-- http://www.navshop.com/en/product/un...ilot/2891/11/1

Any comments/info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
You need the DX version in COMAND, the COMAND in your car would be COMAND 2.5, all of these need a DX Nav CD. this is probably why your PC will view the files but the COMAND unit doesn't.

Hope this helps...
Old 06-22-2006 | 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Geeman
Kevin,

I have found that sometimes you have to keep pushing the disc in and it will eventually read it. Happened on my friends S600, kept popping out, but he kept pushing it in and eventually it accepted it - hope this helps - not an ideal fix. Ironically, when I put my disc into his reader, it works fine without incident.
Yes, I've had the same problem. I upgraded my disk to the 2005 version (original was 2001) and thought I had the wrong disk as I kept getting the 'No CD' message ........ but I persevered and after about 10 or 12 'rejections' it was suddenly accepted and works fine.
Old 06-23-2006 | 03:25 PM
Almost a Member!

S320L (W220)
Originally Posted by C320 UK
You need the DX version in COMAND, the COMAND in your car would be COMAND 2.5, all of these need a DX Nav CD. this is probably why your PC will view the files but the COMAND unit doesn't.

Hope this helps...
Not true, my '99 S320 needs the non-DX discs to work
Old 06-23-2006 | 05:52 PM

2004 CL500
same with my January 2000 registered S430, none DX discs needed. I even copied my original discs and use them instead with no problems.
Old 06-26-2006 | 07:19 AM

S500
All sorted...

Received my 2006 Travelpilot DX version through the post next day after chasing order, which wasn't sent for some reason and I put it straight into my car.

At first, I got the usual no NAV CD message, but could hear the CD drive working so left it for a while. A message came up, Loading Program, so again left it. Finally NAV loaded up and is working fine. Very happy except for the same day, my instrument cluster has gone out (see other posting).

Not a happy bunny, espcially when I treat her to a new NAV upgrade.....
Old 07-03-2006 | 04:52 AM

Mercedes Benz E350 CDi Blue Efficiency
Kevin,

This may apply to UK cars - I would get to a dealer and ask them.....

Instrument Cluster Recall - S Class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this info. Don't have exact info to what manufacture years are impacted.
Anyone have more info or can confirm?

==========================================

For S Class
NHTSA Recall Campaign Number: 06V028000

Component: INTERIOR LIGHTING

Details: ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER IS EXPERIENCING ELECTRICAL MALFUNCTIONS. THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER CONTAINS GAUGES AND INDICATORS THAT MUST BE ILLUMINATED WHENEVER THE VEHICLE IS IN OPERATION.

Consequence: DUE TO INADEQUATE ILLUMINATION, THE DRIVER WILL BE UNABLE TO READ THE GAUGES AND INDICATORS, SUCH AS THE SPEEDOMETER, WHICH COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Corrective Action: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER MODULES. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON JUNE 10, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MERCEDES-BENZ AT 1-800-367-6372.

Units Potentially Affected: 36911

Recall Initiated By: ODI
Date added to NHTSA datbase: 02/02/2006
Internal use: 2/2/2006

Just a thought - Gee