S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

HELP!!! '03 S600 Lowering the car using washer method **!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!!! '03 S600 Lowering the car using washer method **!!

Hey guys, this is my first post with this new account, and I appreciate your help in advance!

I am trying to lower my '03 S600 using the washer/ custom bracket method, but I have run into some trouble with the rear. The adjustment nut is no where to be found- I am guessing this is because my car is equipped with ABC ( I have successfully lowered non ABC equipped S430 in the past).

What am I missing, and how do I go about lowering the back end of the car?

Thanks!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:53 AM

Yes, that piece you are looking for is non-existant in my experiance as well. I located the suspension arm that is similiar to the front. I know everyone will shake there heads at what I am about to say but its the third 600 I have done this way. Take a pry bar and gently bend the lower bracket towards the ground. I probably moved it about a 1/8-1/4 of an inch down. You are basically trying to move the arm down. The bracket appears to be aluminum and is attached to what appears to look similiar to a lower trailing arm. There is also a black plastic cover on this lower trailing arm piece covering it up on the 2003 and up model. You will see the hole in it thats where you can insert the screwdriver. You can jack up each side in the rear and just about see it. I used a long pry bar and got ahold of it from the top of the trailing arm but a long screwdriver will work too. There is also a hole in the bottom of this lower trail arm looking piece that you can put the screwdriver through and contact this bracket to bend it downwards as well when getting a hold if it from the bottom. You can loacte this bracket from the top or bottom, which ever is easier. You will need to do this alittle at a time then put the car on the ground start it and drive it a few feet forward and reverse, the settings will take place. Measure the distance from the ground to the fender lip and get them even on each side. I got them perfect in 3 trys.

Once you do it you will see how easy it is. Remember, Its the method I used after Rb Tech failed to take the time to provide me with the correct parts to lower my car, they seem to not care to correct the problem eithier. Its happened 2 times now.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Banned

Are you guys fkn serious?

I have seen this type of post on here a few times, and I thought it was a joke, I really did.Who in their right mind would want to do what you are doing(and this appears to be just for what some punks feel looks "cool",ie the low , low rider look)is this really for real,damn.?
So you decide to drop the ride height on one of the worlds finest cars with a bag of washers and a screwdriver?lol jeeeZus Kristy.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL, Yup, its for real

I admit I cringed the first time I saw this type of post.I think the first one I saw was by the posting fool called Newton22, he named it the "50 cent Home Depot Lowering Kit", then it turned out it was not even his car he was planing on dropping but one his mother's ride he takes while she is napping.
I think many of the posts on hear, like any net site need to be tken with a pound of salt.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:44 AM

I love getting a ride out of you classics types. This is just a car, you act like its the holy grail! Its really not that special, Its just a well engineered vehicle. This is why the Mercedes dealerships have profitted off there mindless games. I always wondered what type of individuals enjoyed paying $100 per fuse etc. Step right up folks we found some winners.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Originally Posted by justbecause
I admit I cringed the first time I saw this type of post.I think the first one I saw was by the posting fool called Newton22, he named it the "50 cent Home Depot Lowering Kit", then it turned out it was not even his car he was planing on dropping but one his mother's ride he takes while she is napping.
I think many of the posts on hear, like any net site need to be tken with a pound of salt.
Both of you guys, if you have something to say, talk to me through a PM instead of bashing me around here. I don't know what your problem is.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:09 PM

Newton, I am not bashing you, I am on your side here!

Justbecause,

"I think many of the posts on hear, like any net site need to be tken with a pound of salt"

Didnt you mean grain of salt instead of a "pound?" A pound is definetly worth alot more then a grain. Maybe you meant that the posts have some type of value exceeding a grain but not to exceed a pound. Not sure, just really confused. I have been walking around all day scratching my head on this one. I have to know.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Originally Posted by thebigsicilion
Newton, I am not bashing you, I am on your side here!

Justbecause,

"I think many of the posts on hear, like any net site need to be tken with a pound of salt"

Didnt you mean grain of salt instead of a "pound?" A pound is definetly worth alot more then a grain. Maybe you meant that the posts have some type of value exceeding a grain but not to exceed a pound. Not sure, just really confused. I have been walking around all day scratching my head on this one. I have to know.
I know, I was refering to justbecause and highdeserthiker (his posts in other threads).

And justbecause, there are PLENTY of people that have performed the washer lowering long before I ever did. I like to refer to it as my mother's car, because I did not pay for the car and I don't think I deserve a car like this. I do pay for everything else.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:09 PM

2006 VW Passat
What is the big deal, are they hurting you by doing something they want to their cars, and big deal newton drives his moms car, who cares can't you guys just be happy for eachother. The only problem with doing things to a car is when it becomes a safety issue, otherwise shut the f*ck up and leave the people alone.

Last edited by mand; 07-14-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Originally Posted by mand
What is the big deal, are they hurting you by doing something they want to their cars, and big deal newton drives his moms care, who cares can't you guys just be happy for eachother. The only problem with doing things to a car is when it becomes a safety issue, otherwise shut the f*ck up and leave the people alone.
Thank you. And in addition, I have no other modes of transportation.

Sorry for the hijack silicion.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Given the way you post, I voted you for a "fool of the month" on this board, for two reasons:

- You worship a car !!. A Mercedes is just a car.
- You trash somebody because he dare to come up w/ idea to modify your holy car.

Fool like you always happy to pay dealer $100 for fuse replacement, since you probably think fuse Indy shops use is a lesser quality. What an idiot.

Originally Posted by justbecause

Last edited by zam2000; 07-16-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:29 PM

2006 VW Passat
Originally Posted by zam2000
Given the way you post, I voted you for a "fool of the month" on this board, for two reasons:

- You worship a car !!. A Mercedes is just a car.
- You trash somebody because he dare to come up w/ idea to modify your holly car.
well said.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:48 PM

W126, W140, W201, W208
Old 07-17-2006, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Old 07-17-2006, 09:28 AM

Yup

Renntech Twin T!
Attached Thumbnails HELP!!!  '03 S600 Lowering the car using washer method  **!!-mini-s600-rentech-twin-turbo-010.jpg