Redux - warnings when battery disconnected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S500
Redux - warnings when battery disconnected

Hello all,

I know there are threads on this, I read them all but I can't find a solution for this one on the site or in the manual.

Battery dead - disconnected and recharged. Reconnected - A variety of codes displayed as have been covered on this site and in the manual. All but one eliminated:

When I start the engine I get the "Entrance Position Do Not Drive" warning. It does not come on unless the engine is running. I BELIEVE I have done all the re synching of windows, sun roof, seats, etc but nothing I have done so far has eliminated the warning. The seat memory buttons works fine. I talked to the local MB service manager and he said that the above steps "should" eliminate it. Sounded like he wasn't all that sure himself!

I found a post here on this where the poster said he had fixed it but wasn't sure how. Any one familiar with this particular warning and its elimination?

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 S500, 2001 Camry,1996 Honda SUV
It is the steering position. Move the steering up and down and it should clear.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 PM

2002 S500
Thanks Win,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that - I did the steering, up-down, in-out as well. I did this all with the engine running. Should it be done without the engine running but with the key in the run position?

When I get in and place the key in the ignition, the steering wheel will move from the exit position to the "normal" position. This indicates to me that it is working properly but the warning makes it seem to me like the computer is not recognizing that it is happening since it is saying that everything is still in the "Entrance Position," which it isn't.

Weird stuff!
Old 08-19-2006, 02:01 PM

2002 S500
Talked to two different MB dealer's service Mgrs. There was some variation in their recommendation to get rid of the warning but it was essentially the same procedures I had already found. Both agreed that the car did NOT need to come to the dealer to have the computer reset.

I disconnected the battery and went through the steps again but so far nothing has worked. A friend suggested I run around the car three times chanting "O WA Ta Goo SIAM." Might as well try it next.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:18 AM

2002 S500
Nothing worked

Guess it has to go to the dealer. I guess we deserve what we get by allowing computers to run everything