S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

HO lexus ls500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by vraa
btw.. the LS500 should have more power. that way even thought you can't beat the s-class you can smoke a bimmer.. lol
Not the new M5 or the 760i .

Whenever Lexus makes an attempt at trying to have better performance than it's German counterparts, they fail. Whenever Lexus adds 50 horsepower, Mercedes-Benz and BMW add 150.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC400
Re: Back to Reality

Originally posted by S55inPA
hi everyone,

lets face it.....even if lexus strapped a jet engine to the roof of its cars and they were the fastest automobiles on the planet.....THEY WOULD STILL JUST BE A LEXUS!!!!....forgettable cookie cutter cars. i feel bad for you lexus owners but your not completely out of luck....just take a short trip to you local Mercedes Benz dealer and you can buy the real thing......not a cheap imitation!!!

Hahaha, at least I know where you guys are coming from now. People do act strange when they are threatened, but man do you guys handle competition poorly! Didn't you ever play pee wee baseball or soccer as a kid? Or were you guys kicked off the team for kicking the winners in the nuts after they spanked you on the field? LOL, sore losers... you're all the same
Old 09-11-2002, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pinned down?

Originally posted by lex400sc
If you've ever been to the track, you'll learn that power has little to do with acceleration on automatics when you have a wide range of gear ratios, gear lengths, short gears and long gears, stall rates, torque convertor designs, transmission and driveshaft power efficiency, etc to select from. Hell Lexus could easily throw in a built 14-bolt rear axle with a 15:1 gear ratio and annihilate the S600TT. Not saying that they will, in all likeliness they won't, but it is just as foolish to begin to say the S600 will definitely kill the LS500 when in fact the LS500 doesn't even exist . BTW Accord, 550bhps is nothing to be proud of on a twin turbo 6.0 liter V12. The Japanese equivalent would be producing around 900bhps on conservative boost pressure.

Regardless of those factors you both neglected to consider either because you're forgetful or you don't know anything about drivetrains, my initial point is that you can not make any assumptions about a car that hasn't even been produced yet, let alone track and dyno tested.

To address the earlier post, the IS430 Compressor is still a concept that TTE is working out with Lexus, however, if and when it is produced, it is sure to kill the M3 and C32 with 400hps screw-blown V8 on that light chassis. Prelimenary track tests put it's 0-62mph at 4.5sec. Oh yeah and it gets a full performance suspension package including some nice fat Brembo brakes to compliment it's power.
Oh, but guess what? Lexus isn't throwing a 14 bolt rear axle with a 15:1 gear ratio in the LS500. What if Mercedes-Benz put something even better in the S600TT?

Your ridiculous what if claims are absolutely absurd. Lexus will never put a 14 bolt rear axle with a 15:1 gear ratio in the LS500, so why are you even bringing it up?

We are not comparing race cars here, we are comparing performance luxury sedans. People who buy an LS, S-Class, etc. will most likely not be screwing around with gear ratios and whatnot. We are comparing STOCK vehicles here. It is a simple fact that a two ton factory vehicle with 550 horsepower will annihilate another two ton factory vehicle with only 360 horsepower. It's like comparing a 2003 S600 to a 2002, you just cannot compare them. Why is it so hard for you to grip this?

Lex400sc, you need to get real, and stop posting these ridiculous claims of yours. You're making Lexus look bad.

As for the IS430 pushing 400+ horsepower, guess what? It is only a concept car. You said "if it goes into production," and then you state that it has not.

Well to counter the your ridiculous IS430 claim, what would happen if AMG put the new 3.5L engine in the C32 AMG and SLK32 pushing 450+ horsepower?

The determining factor for the speed of a STREET car is it's power to weight ration in correlation with it's drag coefficient.

Lex400sc, I have just one question for you:

Do you have any grasp whatsoever of this theoretical concept which is famously known around the world as "common sense?"

Last edited by Accord; 09-11-2002 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Re: Back to Reality

Hahaha, at least I know where you guys are coming from now. People do act strange when they are threatened, but man do you guys handle competition poorly! Didn't you ever play pee wee baseball or soccer as a kid? Or were you guys kicked off the team for kicking the winners in the nuts after they spanked you on the field? LOL, sore losers... you're all the same

not all of us.. props to you for ur pimped out sc.. lol

i love those lights and rims! that goldish color really brings out the vr00m side of the car.. but u shoulda gotten black.. lol
Old 09-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

haha yall all suck! i can throw my rock and it'll go 0-60 like.. BAM just like that.. lol

just kiddin yall

:p :p
Old 09-11-2002, 09:58 PM

SC400
Funny you mention the "if" factor seeing as this whole thread was started over a fabled car, the LS500, which does not even exist . So how are you sitting there pounding me for adding ifs to an already iffy equation? I'm just illustrating that transmission efficiency is a KEY factor in performance, and so far everyone is making bold claims without even considering that---as if all you need to know about a car is it's displacement and horsepower to pigeon-hole it . Bunch of magazine racers... What if the SL600TT made it's 550hps at around 6700rpms and the LS500 made it's 360hps at 3200rpms? Hmm, didn't consider that huh? Uh oh, somone call the if-police on that one!!

Imaginary cars aside, the IS430 on the other hand has a line up of fully functional prototypes that have already been built, tested, and sent to Lexus execs to see if it's a practical business move.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

can i be a lexus exec? lol
Old 09-11-2002, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One more thing I would like to add to support what I have said.

The Maybach, which is double the size and weight of an S-Class can do 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, therefore if you put that same engine in a car half it's size and weight (S600), you have got yourself one powerhouse of a vehicle. The S600 is going to do 0-60 in something like 4.3-4.5.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Sorry, but the IS430 is also a car that doesn't exist. There are no official plans anywhere that state it'll ever show up. For what anyone knows, it can be supercharged, but it will probably be N/A. I feel as though there will be an IS430 sooner or later, but it'll be normally aspirated and land in the low 300s for horsepower -- basically the same engine out of the larger LS. This isn't to say that it's possible that way more power can be generated by attaching a supercharger, but it's very unlikely that it'll be done from the factory. Lexus has a stellar reputation for reliability and build quality -- high boost failures are the last thing they need. Odds are that it won't happen.

Nurburgring times would be helpful if anyone has them.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:00 AM

Funny you mention the "if" factor seeing as this whole thread was started over a fabled car, the LS500, which does not even exist . So how are you sitting there pounding me for adding ifs to an already iffy equation? I'm just illustrating that transmission efficiency is a KEY factor in performance, and so far everyone is making bold claims without even considering that---as if all you need to know about a car is it's displacement and horsepower to pigeon-hole it . Bunch of magazine racers... What if the SL600TT made it's 550hps at around 6700rpms and the LS500 made it's 360hps at 3200rpms? Hmm, didn't consider that huh? Uh oh, somone call the if-police on that one!!

Imaginary cars aside, the IS430 on the other hand has a line up of fully functional prototypes that have already been built, tested, and sent to Lexus execs to see if it's a practical business move.

Yeah, I'm sure Lexus will drop that super duper gear ratio in the blandmobile, since we all know Lexus is known for sportiness!!!!! Give me a freakin break.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:01 AM

Originally posted by Accord
One more thing I would like to add to support what I have said.

The Maybach, which is double the size and weight of an S-Class can do 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, therefore if you put that same engine in a car half it's size and weight (S600), you have got yourself one powerhouse of a vehicle. The S600 is going to do 0-60 in something like 4.3-4.5.

Where have you seen performance numbers for the Maybach? I'm dying to get more info on it.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:09 AM

SC400
Originally posted by AJT123
Yeah, I'm sure Lexus will drop that super duper gear ratio in the blandmobile, since we all know Lexus is known for sportiness!!!!! Give me a freakin break.
Are you clinically retarded? Seriously, are you? Seems you have a learning disability where you can only read and comprehend English phrase by phrase. Your dumb *** missed the whole big picture where that was merely a hypothetical situation to prove a point in how large a role drivetrains can play, but I suppose I jumped the gun throwing all that info at you since you guys seem to know jack **** about it to begin with .

Where have you seen performance numbers for the Maybach? I'm dying to get more info on it.

Wow, some Mercedes fanatic you make, Maybach specs have been plastered all over ClubLexus for months and here you are still sitting in the dark, LOL. **** you even have a dedicated Maybach forum and you're still here sitting on your hands like a little dufus .
Old 09-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Are you clinically retarded? Seriously, are you? Seems you have a learning disability where you can only read and comprehend English phrase by phrase. Your dumb *** missed the whole big picture where that was merely a hypothetical situation to prove a point in how large a role drivetrains can play, but I suppose I jumped the gun throwing all that info at you since you guys seem to know jack **** about it to begin with .
Drivetrains are extremely important part of final performance. But it's very unlikely that Lexus would ever do that to their cars. Unless the car is built for high speed, it will almost certainly have a transmission that is very similar to the ones that is available now: a Getrag 6-speed (3.827, 2.360, 1.685, 1.312, 1.000, 0.793) and a rear differential of 3.9. If it has 400 hp, a less aggressive differential may be desired, as 3.9 is a bit on the high side already. Every drag racer knows that new gears in a Mustang will have a crazy hole shot, but that's not what you want to get in a passenger car (particularly a luxury-branded car). For the sake of 0-62 times, very few manufacturers will ever require more than a 2nd gear to get there.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:45 AM

r
lex400sc

ur doin a wicked job representin lexus man

and mannn some of u benz guys just wont accept the fact that lexus is a great car company...its sad really

and to the guy who said that lexus owners act like their cars are the end-all be-all...have u read some of the other threads on this board? cuz if u have, and u still think that, then u must be thicker than the average moron
Old 09-12-2002, 11:12 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
Lightbulb It's only logical

hi everyone,

when it comes to a Mercedes Benz bbs, i think it is only logical for people who post here to be excited and proud of the cars they own. the odd thing is lexus car owners trying to convince Mercedes Benz owners at a MB bbs that lexus makes a better automobile?!?!? i think if the Mercedes Benz owners thought that lexus made a better product they would have bought a lexus in the first place and they would spend their time posting at a lexus bbs. i would think if i went to a lexus bbs and posted what boring and uninspiring cars lexus manufactures that most posters would get pretty upset....i know i would if i wasted 70 large on a blandmobile!:p so...it's not the Mercedes Benz people posting at this site that are living in denial....it's the people pushing lexus at a MB site that are in denial and need therapy!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by fvellani
lex400sc

ur doin a wicked job representin lexus man

Oh yea, and how many points that he's made are actually true?
Can't wait to see the LS500 beat a 500HP S55 or TTV-12!! LOL!!!

[i]and mannn some of u benz guys just wont accept the fact that lexus is a great car company...its sad really[/B]
Lexus is a great car company, however, THERE ARE OTHER AUTOMOBILE COMPANIES THAT CAN MAKE AN EQUALLY COMPETENT CAR!!!!!! That's what you Lexus people don't get. You think that just because your Kia looking ES and plain ugly LS score high in reliablilty that they are some godsend or something. If you guys think it's valid to discredit MB and BMW for not being as reliable, then it's certainly reasonable for people like me to discredit Lexus because they are boring and they lack passion and soul big time compared to the Germans.

[i]and to the guy who said that lexus owners act like their cars are the end-all be-all...have u read some of the other threads on this board? cuz if u have, and u still think that, then u must be thicker than the average moron [/B]

No, actually I haven't. This is the first thread I have participated in. I'll tell you one thing though, I've never seen as much bias and ignorance as I have on Clublexus. It is absolutely ridicuouls there.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AJT123, well said!
Old 09-12-2002, 04:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

nar.. 4.3sec for 0-60 on a foor door friggin sedan! lol
Old 09-12-2002, 09:11 PM

not just any 4 door sedan.. but one of the LARGEST! <------ I'm learning from Jam.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:39 PM

Basically its all of MBWorld vs. 2 Lexus people... funny lol.

It's a matter of what you like, not the numbers IMO. I have a friend that is a OBSESSED Japanese car fan and he always tells me the specs of japanese cars and whatnot. I just dont' care... I rather take a German car over any other car in this whole world. Call me any names or whatever you wish, but I just don't care.

Just my $0.02
Old 09-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

i love ur sig Regime.. lol

Old 09-12-2002, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by vraa
i love ur sig Regime.. lol

That car is sooooooooooo pretty
Old 09-13-2002, 03:49 AM

SC400
So you couldn't man up and address my post so you make an even dumber response to fvellani. I'll bat for him one inning...

Oh yea, and how many points that he's made are actually true?
Can't wait to see the LS500 beat a 500HP S55 or TTV-12!! LOL!!!
Hey bright light, do I need to draw a diagram for you? Do you need flashcards? Maybe a picture book?? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN LS500!! So quit "LOL" at your own stupid self

Lexus is a great car company, however, THERE ARE OTHER AUTOMOBILE COMPANIES THAT CAN MAKE AN EQUALLY COMPETENT CAR!!!!!! That's what you Lexus people don't get. You think that just because your Kia looking ES and plain ugly LS score high in reliablilty that they are some godsend or something. If you guys think it's valid to discredit MB and BMW
Moron: other way around!!! Have you even read any of the 600 or so Lexus posts in this forum? There are like five anti-Lexus threads all started by Lexus-bashing Benz owners. Get a clue idiot, it's the Lexus guys defending that Lexus "can make an equally compotent car". Christ you are a slow learner...

it's certainly reasonable for people like me to discredit Lexus because they are boring and they lack passion and soul big time compared to the Germans.
"Soul"... "Passion"... LOL you've been watching too many BMW commericials, LOL. Those sly little marketing campaigns have really gotten to your head, LOL. Do you feel a "spiritual connection with the road" when you drive?? Do you hear heavenly music in your head while you're driving along a mountain road? LMAO! You are precious!! I'll bet those ad agencies would love to get a hold of you as a testimonial to Mercedes that their millions of dollars were well spent! Bahahahaa....

No, actually I haven't. This is the first thread I have participated in. I'll tell you one thing though, I've never seen as much bias and ignorance as I have on Clublexus. It is absolutely ridicuouls there.

Again idiot, please point out all the rampant bias on ClubLexus?? You're so full of ****, for every anti-Mercedes post you find on ClubLexus, I can find two threads that praise Mercedes. Mercedes is one of the "liked" brands on ClubLexus. Get your facts straight retard.

I've yet to see a post of any value made by you. You might as well quit posting or find a new name to post under. I'd feel like a piece of **** if I were you.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:13 AM

Porsche 997 C2S
So you couldn't man up and address my post so you make an even dumber response to fvellani. I'll bat for him one inning...

Hey bright light, do I need to draw a diagram for you? Do you need flashcards? Maybe a picture book?? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN LS500!! So quit "LOL" at your own stupid self

Again idiot, please point out all the rampant bias on ClubLexus?? You're so full of ****, for every anti-Mercedes post you find on ClubLexus, I can find two threads that praise Mercedes. Mercedes is one of the "liked" brands on ClubLexus. Get your facts straight retard.

I've yet to see a post of any value made by you. You might as well quit posting or find a new name to post under. I'd feel like a piece of **** if I were you.
You guys have got to check out Lex400sc's pics of his car! Click on the link at the bottom of his page. He's got a video wherein he revs the heck out of his engine, hitting the rev limiter a couple of times. Not a bad sounding engine, but can't really tell with the crappy speakers I have on my laptop. Just try and tell me that sound is bland and soulless!
Old 09-13-2002, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by KrispyK
You guys have got to check out Lex400sc's pics of his car! Click on the link at the bottom of his page. He's got a video wherein he revs the heck out of his engine, hitting the rev limiter a couple of times. Not a bad sounding engine, but can't really tell with the crappy speakers I have on my laptop. Just try and tell me that sound is bland and soulless!
I find it hilarious how it sounds like a Ford diesel pickup truck.

Lexus Power!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HO lexus ls500