S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

HO lexus ls500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 997 C2S
Originally posted by Accord
I find it hilarious how it sounds like a Ford diesel pickup truck.

Lexus Power!
Hey, don't knock Toyota Power! Their Panasonic-Toyota F1 team has accumulated two Championship points so far in their debut year, right behind Minardi, a well-respected team!

Wait, wait, I forgot. BAR managed to score 17 points in their maiden year, finishing a quasi-respectable 6th in the championship standings. OK, I take back what I said.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:25 AM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
15 AMG S63 4-matic coupe
The question is, is how many patents MB has in the area of safety development?
How may patents does lexus/toyota have?
Leadership has a cost. MB will always be slightly more expensive for this reason. Research and development is expensive when no one has done it before. There are many false starts that go no where. If the only motive is to crank out product, it is far more cost effective to see what works and " reinvent it". If you have any doubt on this, look at microsoft.
Personally, I value what MB does. When people give me crap about spending the extra to buy an MB, I simply reply" I know what my life is worth, how much do you value yours ?".
Old 09-13-2002, 02:06 PM

SC400
Originally posted by boltonblue
The question is, is how many patents MB has in the area of safety development?
How may patents does lexus/toyota have?
Leadership has a cost. MB will always be slightly more expensive for this reason. Research and development is expensive when no one has done it before. There are many false starts that go no where. If the only motive is to crank out product, it is far more cost effective to see what works and " reinvent it". If you have any doubt on this, look at microsoft.
Personally, I value what MB does. When people give me crap about spending the extra to buy an MB, I simply reply" I know what my life is worth, how much do you value yours ?".

Poor misguided consumer... most of us realize that the patent system has largely been abused and corrupted and serves more today as a marketing tool and a way for the government to hide secrets than a mark of innovation or defense and recourse against intellectual theft. Take Bose for example. They hold the title to dozens of patents, however they are merely recycling old ideas and old technologies, renaming them and packaging their crappy products with "Patented Technology" labels. It works with amazing success as consumers eat that crap up voraciously. I've heard the patent arguement a million times from the less educated people defending Bose on audio forums and I have grown to view that argument as nothing more than marketing success on the mass-media cattle.

The fact that you alluded to Microsoft in your last statement just goes further to illustrate the shallowness and brimness of your understanding of business and market economics.

Also the fact that you think Mercedes is on top of the world, the automotive industry leader, and the only company doing successful research and development further shows your lack of knowledge in the industry.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Mercedes-Benz invented and patented the first automobile and diesel engine in the late 1800's (Around 1875 I beleive). That patent is considered the birth certificate of the automobile.

Lexus, or actually I should say Toyota was not even a pipe dream back then.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:17 PM

SC400
I find it hilarious how it sounds like a Ford diesel pickup truck.

Lexus Power!

Once again, from your totally outrageous statements, I have reached the conclusion that you are a moron. I guess intelligence isn't a quality MBWorld considers when choosing moderators . If you have ever heard a diesel engine, or like me, used to drive them, you'd quickly realize that my exhaust sounds nothing like a diesel, nothing. In fact most diesel trucks have louder engines than they do exhaust, therefore the characteristic sound a diesel vehicle makes comes from it's engine, not it's exhaust. If you knew anything about cars, which I thought you did since you daddy buys all of them for you, you'd agree that my exhaust sounds similar to a Ferrari or Porsche. At least so in person as many people have told me at car meets. Even a guy with a Porsche 944 said "that sounds like my car". Ever heard a million dollar F1 engine in person? I guess you'd call those diesels too right? Anyway, I appreciate your inadvertant compliment of comparing the power of my car to a beefy Ford diesel .

Last edited by lex400sc; 09-13-2002 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:19 PM

SC400
Mercedes-Benz invented and patented the first automobile and diesel engine in the late 1800's (Around 1875 I beleive). That patent is considered the birth certificate of the automobile.

Lexus, or actually I should say Toyota was not even a pipe dream back then.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... IBM was the father of the computer, Harman Kardon or the receiver, and Motorola of the cell phone. Where are these guys now? On the forefront?? Hah! I rest my case
Old 09-13-2002, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by lex400sc
Once again, from your totally outrageous statements, I have reached the conclusion that you are a moron. I guess intelligence isn't a quality MBWorld considers when choosing moderators . If you have ever heard a diesel engine, or like me, used to drive them, you'd quickly realize that my exhaust sounds nothing like a diesel, nothing. In fact most diesel trucks have louder engines than they do exhaust, therefore the characteristic sound a diesel vehicle makes comes from it's engine, not it's exhaust. If you knew anything about cars, which I thought you did since you daddy buys all of them for you, you'd agree that my exhaust sounds similar to a Ferrari or Porsche. At least so in person as many people have told me at car meets. Even a guy with a Porsche 944 said "that sounds like my car". Ever heard a million dollar F1 engine in person? I guess you'd call those diesels too right? Anyway, I appreciate your inadvertant compliment of comparing the power of my car to a beefy Ford diesel .
Since when were morons considered people who achieved 1500's on their SAT's and are majoring in Aerospace Engineering?

I am surprised that ClubLexus.com has allowed someone with such a condescending attitude to be a moderator. I guess the standards are extremely low over at CL. You are doing an awful job of representing ClubLexus.com here. I have only been to ClubLexus once, however, I have zero respect for that website because of the way their staff members handle themselves.

Your car sounds nothing like a Ferrari, and by saying that truly shows your lack of knowledge towards high end cars. I guess someone like you can only experience the pure sound of a Ferrari at the movies. I would however, like to commend you on your knowledge towards low-end economy cars.

Last edited by Accord; 09-13-2002 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... IBM was the father of the computer, Harman Kardon or the receiver, and Motorola of the cell phone. Where are these guys now? On the forefront?? Hah! I rest my case
Yes - IBM, Motorola, and Harmon Kardon are extremely small, worthless companies .

Hah, you rest your case? What a joke.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:35 PM

SC400
IBM fell off, they are far from number one and they've become a mainframe database specialty company. Motorola is a far fetch from number one in cell phones. They are now specializing in integrated circuit chipsets and digital signal processors. Harman Kardon is on a rapid decline to making some of the most overpriced, underfeatured receivers in the industry. There, now I rest my case. I guess morons need a little more explanation.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:49 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
15 AMG S63 4-matic coupe
" The fact that you alluded to Microsoft in your last statement just goes further to illustrate the shallowness and brimness of your understanding of business and market economics.

Also the fact that you think Mercedes is on top of the world, the automotive industry leader, and the only company doing successful research and development further shows your lack of knowledge in the industry.

_
"

I was not inferring they any were on the top of the world. I was inferring that it is far easier to turn a profit as a market parasite than an innovator. Yet without the market innovators where would be as a culture. Someone has to take the lead and Mercedes has done so. I understand the overall market value of this position and will continue to support. There will always be leeches, I just refuse to be one of them.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:57 PM

SC400
Since when were morons considered people who achieved 1500's on their SAT's and are majoring in Aerospace Engineering?
Yeah, and I'm in Mensa Look we can pretend to be geniuses all day. I can say I got a full-ride at Harvard business school before getting my MD at John's Hopkins and achieving the Nobel Prize in Medicine, and that my practice is the fastest growing sole proprietorship in the nation. Who's to say otherwise over the internet?

I am surprised that ClubLexus.com has allowed someone with such a condescending attitude to be a moderator. I guess the standards are extremely low over at CL. You are doing an awful job of representing ClubLexus.com here. I have only been to ClubLexus once, however, I have zero respect for that website because of the way their staff members handle themselves.
Here's what you don't understand. My ClubLexus duties and representation end when I step out of ClubLexus. I'm not a moderator here and I don't have to act like one. If you follow my 3500 posts on ClubLexus, you'll find after your exhausting search that not once to I lose my composure. Not even when I'm under fire. You on the other hand are the most sophmoric moderator I've ever encountered, and I've been to IS300.NET! At least you don't abuse your moderating powers though, I'll give you that.

You haven't been to ClubLexus long enough to pass judgement on the administrative staff. We are by far the most strict, upstanding, proper moderators around. There are 35 of us moderators, all have different ranks and powers to moderate. We catch everything from trolls, post ******, flamers, solicitors, banned members that reregister, everything. We have more locked threads than any other online community of our size because we do not promote flaming. We also have the most banned vulgar terms, we block carfax leeching, and do not allow religious references in people's handles. I can tell you now, if this was ClubLexus, and these were anti-Mercedes threads, all five of them would have been closed before it came to this.

Your car sounds nothing like a Ferrari, and by saying that truly shows your lack of knowledge towards high end cars.
Hmm, okay, once my ftp server goes back up, I can upload more videos for you to hear. I think you will change your thinking after you hear those---the other possibility being that you'll deny deny deny in order to save face, but oh well...

I guess someone like you can only experience the pure sound of a Ferrari at the movies. I would however, like to commend you on your knowledge towards low-end economy cars.
(Drumroll) And the arrogant, spoiled, rich brat of the year award goes to!.....

Seriously though, what kind of as$hole comment was that? Here's the difference between me and you: I don't measure my worth by the car I drive. I don't measure other people's worth by what they drive. But at least I can say I PAID for my own car and that my daddy didn't send me to the dealership with a blank check. Who the hell are you to say ****?? You didn't earn anything you have, you were given it. Washing dishes and cleaning your room doesn't count for a legitimate job either. And the fact that you have this kind of attitude just shows your own self-importance and arrogance. You are the worst kind of person, and I think everyone will agree with that one. I have more respect for the members here who can't even drive yet and post because their parents drive Mercedes. You're just a little brat . Learn how to show some humility...
Old 09-13-2002, 04:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
whoa.. i just read a whole load of posts and as a little neutral person here i wanna say that all yall stfu when dissing sites!!

clublexus rocks

mbworld rocks

microsoft sucks.. err. that wasn't related lol

but really, don't hate on the sites, just people yall, cuz we need to keep it personal..

the sound's of an engine is all in the eye of the beholder, err hearer or whatever..

some say my soundsystem rocks.. i always think it can be a tad better.. while to some my sl500 is loud as heck but i think its a kitty!

some say my amd system is loud.. i think it purrs to be pushed (overclocked, on at 143mhz fsb.. all software ocing.. nothing hardware :P )
Old 09-13-2002, 06:39 PM

Porsche 997 C2S

Your car sounds nothing like a Ferrari, and by saying that truly shows your lack of knowledge towards high end cars. I guess someone like you can only experience the pure sound of a Ferrari at the movies. I would however, like to commend you on your knowledge towards low-end economy cars.
I think Lex knows more about us than anyone else, so it's useless to post facts showing otherwise, nor disagreeing with any of his opinions. We're, of course, all morons, "bright lights," idiots or intellectually stunted in some way. According to him, you're lying about Aerospace Engineering or having achieved 1500 on your SATs because you are, of course, a moron. Let's also not forget that you must be the worst kind of person because your parents buy you your cars. What a horror! Point out facts concluding otherwise, and you'll be called a moron or an idiot. I think Lex sometimes actually makes a decent argument regarding some issues (especially his posts concerning the patent system -- nice insight), but most of the time, it's peppered with ad hominem attacks, severely stunting his credibility.

Last edited by KrispyK; 09-13-2002 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:08 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
Question i have a question

hi everyone,

i have a question for lexsc400.
what is your main purpose for posting at mbworld?

it is pretty clear that you love your lexus auto and lexus in general. i think that's great. it's good to be excited with the car you drive.....but....what do you think you are going to accomplish by posting negative comments about mercedes benz at a mercedes benz bb? i think that most of the posters at this site are pretty intelligent ,so what is it that you think you can enlighten them about? about lexus??? i think if the people at this particular site were to like lexus more than mercedes benz they would be at club lexus...right???..makes sense to me. i think that something has completely escaped you since you have been posting. mercedes benz is top dog in the luxury auto market. maybe they deserve it...maybe they don't...maybe you agree with that..maybe you don't. but...they are the car complany that every other car company aims at when trying to manufacture a high end vehicle. mercedes benz is the standard to which every other luxury car is judged against. so....having said this why don't you stop fighting the system and join it....trade that sc400 and grap yourself a new clk500 or cl500 you will be all smiles and lexus will just be another 5 letter word!!!
Old 09-14-2002, 12:45 AM

r
i cant speak for lex but im here cuz i like some benzes and i wanna learn more about them

BUT wen people start baggin on lexus it pisses me off

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i dunno who the hell you are to start dissin his moderating...hes an excellent moderator, ive been on clublexus everyday for the last 7 or 8 months, and i have yet to see him, or any moderator for that matter, trip out or get out of line. clublexus is extremely well run, and the administrator, ethan, is willing to spend a lot of time and effort to make it the best lexus forum out, and it is one of the best CAR forums out there. the moderators he has picked all do an excellent job

and whats it to you if guys who have lexus's post on mbworld

ive been lurking here for a while, and i really dont post much, as im just tryin to learn more about MB...but it ticks me off if uninformed people start dissin one of my favorite car companies.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:02 AM

Re: i have a question

Originally posted by S55inPA
hi everyone,

i have a question for lexsc400.
what is your main purpose for posting at mbworld?

it is pretty clear that you love your lexus auto and lexus in general. i think that's great. it's good to be excited with the car you drive.....but....what do you think you are going to accomplish by posting negative comments about mercedes benz at a mercedes benz bb? i think that most of the posters at this site are pretty intelligent ,so what is it that you think you can enlighten them about? about lexus??? i think if the people at this particular site were to like lexus more than mercedes benz they would be at club lexus...right???..makes sense to me. i think that something has completely escaped you since you have been posting. mercedes benz is top dog in the luxury auto market. maybe they deserve it...maybe they don't...maybe you agree with that..maybe you don't. but...they are the car complany that every other car company aims at when trying to manufacture a high end vehicle. mercedes benz is the standard to which every other luxury car is judged against. so....having said this why don't you stop fighting the system and join it....trade that sc400 and grap yourself a new clk500 or cl500 you will be all smiles and lexus will just be another 5 letter word!!!
Couldn't of said it better. If you don't like it, leave.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, and I'm in Mensa Look we can pretend to be geniuses all day. I can say I got a full-ride at Harvard business school before getting my MD at John's Hopkins and achieving the Nobel Prize in Medicine, and that my practice is the fastest growing sole proprietorship in the nation. Who's to say otherwise over the internet?

Here's what you don't understand. My ClubLexus duties and representation end when I step out of ClubLexus. I'm not a moderator here and I don't have to act like one. If you follow my 3500 posts on ClubLexus, you'll find after your exhausting search that not once to I lose my composure. Not even when I'm under fire. You on the other hand are the most sophmoric moderator I've ever encountered, and I've been to IS300.NET! At least you don't abuse your moderating powers though, I'll give you that.

You haven't been to ClubLexus long enough to pass judgement on the administrative staff. We are by far the most strict, upstanding, proper moderators around. There are 35 of us moderators, all have different ranks and powers to moderate. We catch everything from trolls, post ******, flamers, solicitors, banned members that reregister, everything. We have more locked threads than any other online community of our size because we do not promote flaming. We also have the most banned vulgar terms, we block carfax leeching, and do not allow religious references in people's handles. I can tell you now, if this was ClubLexus, and these were anti-Mercedes threads, all five of them would have been closed before it came to this.

Hmm, okay, once my ftp server goes back up, I can upload more videos for you to hear. I think you will change your thinking after you hear those---the other possibility being that you'll deny deny deny in order to save face, but oh well...

(Drumroll) And the arrogant, spoiled, rich brat of the year award goes to!.....

Seriously though, what kind of as$hole comment was that? Here's the difference between me and you: I don't measure my worth by the car I drive. I don't measure other people's worth by what they drive. But at least I can say I PAID for my own car and that my daddy didn't send me to the dealership with a blank check. Who the hell are you to say ****?? You didn't earn anything you have, you were given it. Washing dishes and cleaning your room doesn't count for a legitimate job either. And the fact that you have this kind of attitude just shows your own self-importance and arrogance. You are the worst kind of person, and I think everyone will agree with that one. I have more respect for the members here who can't even drive yet and post because their parents drive Mercedes. You're just a little brat . Learn how to show some humility...
There is only one word needed to reply to your entire post: Jealousy.

As for your car sounding like a Ferrari, I guess I shouldn't tell you that we had a 360 Modena because that will just enrage you even more. Your car does not sound like a Ferrari and it never will.

As for you coming here and not having to act mature like you do at CL, that shows your true colors. Your pompous, conceited attitute here shows that everything you do at ClubLexus is just one big act. With this kind of attitude, you will get nowhere in life.

I also find it hilarious that you are calling everybody a moron, idiot, etc. because you have a different opinion as them. Many people here are Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Executives, etc. which makes it all the more funny how you are calling everybody morons. You can call anyone here a moron, but you are not the one laughing all the way to the bank.

This thread has drifted into flame war territory. Thus, this thread is closed.