HO lexus ls500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiscal Neo Con Express
HO lexus ls500

hi everyone,

just got done reading my new "Automobile Magazine" and it seems lexus is going to have a high performance ls. next year a lexus ls 500 will debut. it will have 360 hp from a new 5 litre v8.

ps. rumor has it that they are buying up used S55's and pulling out the engines for the new car:p
Old 09-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
are you for real! cuz that would rock!

a whole more .7 liters! AWESOME.. lol

no, really, LS500 would be kidna pimp!
Old 09-06-2002, 09:35 PM

SLK 350 '05
hmmm....if they don't do anything about the road feeling i still don't think it will match the S55. that thing rox.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:56 AM

those IS's suck, they are too godamn ricey
Old 09-08-2002, 07:43 AM

Too Young To Drive
Why is Lexus such a MB copycat?
Old 09-08-2002, 10:35 PM

SC400
It really is precious to read the opinions of all you haters over here. *Sniff* *sniff*, What? Is that....... FEAR I smell??? LOL With the LS430 already pinning the S430 and S500 down, I think an LS500 would easily blow away your S55 or S600 offerings. It's still a "copycat" and a "crap" car though, right? Oh well, continue to enjoy your slow overpriced kraut-mobiles. :p
Old 09-08-2002, 10:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

i'm not scared.. i'm kinda glad another company other then BMW can hook up up with something other then a 4.3 liter engine.. lol
Old 09-08-2002, 10:57 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
Red face pinned down?

i don't know about other posters on this site but , i don't go to lexus bbs at all. i just don't see the point. why would i be interested in reading about a lexus? maybe if i had trouble sleeping i would read about lexus automobiles....they put me to sleep when i look at them so reading about them should do the same!

as for being pinned down.....i don't think mercedes benz is shaking in their boots just yet!:p

on a side note....msn car point just posted quality surveys for quite a few cars. the mercedes benz e class did very well. they didn't have a results for the s though.:
Old 09-09-2002, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by lex400sc
It really is precious to read the opinions of all you haters over here. *Sniff* *sniff*, What? Is that....... FEAR I smell??? LOL With the LS430 already pinning the S430 and S500 down, I think an LS500 would easily blow away your S55 or S600 offerings. It's still a "copycat" and a "crap" car though, right? Oh well, continue to enjoy your slow overpriced kraut-mobiles. :p
Yay! Another debate! C'mon guys, lets make this thread longer than the other thread! The goal here is 100 pages!

The 2003 S55 and S600 are not THAT fast, and only slapping 360hp in the S600 really is not taking full advantage of the beastly V12. This is why Mercedes-Benz and AMG woke up and smelled that sweet, sweet coffee called 500 horses. The 2003 S55 will have a Supercharged 500 horsepower V8 Kompressor and the 2003 S600 will have a 550 horsepower Twin-Turbo V12. Now, I highly doubt Lexus will ever release a 500 horsepower car, or even something over 400 horsepower for that matter.

Ten years ago, 350 horsepower was a lot in a car and was rarely seen in any vehicles aside from performance vehicles. Well nowadays even standard vehicles are coming equipped with 350 horsepower, thus causing all of the performance companies such as Mercedes-Benz AMG's, BMW's M, and Audi's S (RS6, etc.) to boost their performance so they just don't turn into an average car on the road. Now I don't feel like getting into economics, supply and demand, etc., but you get the general idea of what I am saying.

Another reason Mercedes-Benz is increasing the performance of their already high-performance vehicles is to lose that old man stereotype that America has, although that stereotype was quickly lost as soon as Mercedes-Benz acquired AMG.

Toyota is basically an entire generation behind Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi as far as performance goes. Toyota isn't a copycat, they are just trying to keep up with what the other companies are doing, except they are far behind.

When the 2003 S600 is released to the public, it will become the fastest production sedan available. The main competitors in the performance luxury sedan game is Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi. Lexus just doesn't have what it takes to hang with the big boys .

The LS500 will not even be able to touch a 2003 S55 or S600.

I'd rather be in a over-priced Mercedes-Benz than in a over-priced Toyota . So to answer your question, yes - I will enjoy my over-priced 550hp Twin-Turbo V12 kraut-mobile, thank you .

Last edited by Accord; 09-09-2002 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2002, 05:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Re: pinned down?

Originally posted by S55inPA
why would i be interested in reading about a lexus? maybe if i had trouble sleeping i would read about lexus automobiles....they put me to sleep when i look at them so reading about them should do the same!
LOL, good one! That post made my day, lol .
Old 09-11-2002, 04:24 PM

Re: pinned down?

Originally posted by S55inPA
i don't know about other posters on this site but , i don't go to lexus bbs at all. i just don't see the point. why would i be interested in reading about a lexus? maybe if i had trouble sleeping i would read about lexus automobiles....they put me to sleep when i look at them so reading about them should do the same!

AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooptie-do, Lexus is finally offering enough horsepower to look good on paper. It's about damn time. And to the Lexus freak who said the new LS500 will take on the S55 and S600, are you smoking crack?!?!? If you honestly think your blandmobile can hang (in every aspect) with them then you're crazy.
As said earlier, Lexus can't hang with the big boys.

BTW, the thread should be changed to "(Finally) HP competitive LS500"

Last edited by AJT123; 09-11-2002 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:43 PM

SC400
Re: Re: pinned down?

Originally posted by AJT123
AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooptie-do, Lexus is finally offering enough horsepower to look good on paper. It's about damn time. And to the Lexus freak who said the new LS500 will take on the S55 and S600, are you smoking crack?!?!? If you honestly think your blandmobile can hang (in every aspect) with them then you're crazy.
As said earlier, Lexus can't hang with the big boys.

BTW, the thread should be changed to "(Finally) HP competitive LS500"
Hey moron, aside from the fact that you sound like a 12-year-old in your introductory post, can you tell me just how in the hell you can make that assumption that an LS500 can't take on an S55 or S600? Do you have performance figures for this nonexistant vehicle? Can you even begin to estimate performance figures of a vehicle based on the sparce information of 5.0 liter V8 and 360hps? Please don't tell me you can otherwise I will lose the tiny shred of value I have remaining for your opinion.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:31 PM

SLK 350 '05
LOL! another Lexus vs. MB debate..

since this isn't geared towards Quality and Reliability....Lexus will be sand kicked, smacked down and have their asses handed to them....LS is a great car...they're already doing 0-100 in 6.0sec. so i'm not surprised if the new one will pull 5.2........but afterall..its just a souped up econo box imo.

btw, i heard IS430 was coming...but isn't that 430 engine a tad too heavy for that car? it would only be good for straight lines etc. but pretty bad for conering..wouldn't it?

Maybe Lexus won't hang with the big boys...but they can still play with the little ones...such as the Phaeton...i still don't think the LS500 will be a big hit as they will expect. The LS430 only took hits from the S class arena cuz they were CHEAP! one LS would almost equal the same amount for the E500+options. and the LS comes with everything onboard...what's the fun with that? imo, the LS is hanging partly because of the price tag. the S class is better in every way except for reliability issues.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: pinned down?

Hey moron,

Hey, **** YOU!!!!!!!

[i]can you tell me just how in the hell you can make that assumption that an LS500 can't take on an S55 or S600? [/B]
Sure. S55= 5.5 Litres, Supercharged, 493HP V-8
S600= 6.0 Litres, Twin Turbo, 469HP V-12

That's how I make the assumption!!!

You're pretty stupid (or just ignorant, like the majority of Lexus owners) if you think that a 360HP Toyota-er Lexus- is going to run with that!!! Mercedes has raised the standard for luxury car performance while Lexus has merely stepped up to the plate(finally). You think your wimpy Toyota 5 liter is gonna shake a stick at a Twin Turbo Mercedes V-12?!?! AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

[i]Do you have performance figures for this nonexistant vehicle? [/B]
No, I don't need them. Let's figure this out. Okay, a 2002 S55 with 350 HP runs 0-60 in about 5.5. Add 150 HP for '03. Regular N/A S600 is 5.4 (Car and Driver), add twin turbos. Thank you enough said.

[i]Can you even begin to estimate performance figures of a vehicle based on the sparce information of 5.0 liter V8 and 360hps?[/B]
Wow, 360HP! I'm shaking in my boots!! Lets see 5 years ago that would have been big news. I'll bet the 745i will still smoke it.

[i] Please don't tell me you can otherwise I will lose the tiny shred of value I have remaining for your opinion. [/B]
I don't give a **** what shred of value you do or don't have for my opinion. Why don't you take your rebadged Supra and go back to ClubLexus with all of the other ignorant, moronic fu*ks!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: pinned down?

how in the hell you can make that assumption that an LS500 can't take on an S55 or S600? Do you have performance figures for this nonexistant vehicle? Can you even begin to estimate performance figures of a vehicle based on the sparce information of 5.0 liter V8 and 360hps? Please don't tell me you can otherwise I will lose the tiny shred of value I have remaining for your opinion.
Well, for us educated folk, it is quite easy to make a very well standing prediction of the performance figures of a vehicle based on it's power to weight ratio assuming that it's drag coefficient is not that of a brick wall.

I would compare the performance figures of a 550 horsepower Twin-Turbo V12 S600 and the 500 horsepower 5.4L V8 Kompressor S55 AMG to the mere 360 horsepower engine of a vehicle that only weighs 50 pounds less than an S55, however, I do not want to embarrass yourself and the future owners of an LS500.

Sorry, but unless the LS500 weighs something along the lines of half the weight of the S-Class, there is not a chance in the hot depths of hell that an LS500 will even be able to hang with it's corresponding model year S55 or S600.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:03 PM

SC400
Re: Re: Re: Re: pinned down?

Hey, **** YOU!!!!!!!

You're pretty stupid (or just ignorant, like the majority of Lexus owners)

Wow, 360HP! I'm shaking in my boots!!

I don't give a **** what shred of value you do or don't have for my opinion. Why don't you take your rebadged Supra and go back to ClubLexus with all of the other ignorant, moronic fu*ks!

Awww how cute... I struck a nerve . It's quite clear that not only do you articulate yourself like a 12-year-old, but you are just another chickenhawk MBWorld regular who re-registered a new handle just so you could whine and cry about me making you second guess your beloved car, but you are too big of a coward to face me on your regular handle so here you are. I feel so special now
Old 09-11-2002, 09:05 PM

To everyone except Lexus dude, excuse my hostility. I just get sick of people acting like Lexus is the end-all be all of autos. Sure, it's a nice car, but it's not standing 10000 feet above every other car company in every aspect like 99% of Lexus owners think just because they are reliable. After lurking around Clublexus I have seen so much bull**** that I just had to vent on the Mercedes board. Peace!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:17 PM

SC400
Re: Re: Re: Re: pinned down?

Originally posted by Accord
Well, for us educated folk, it is quite easy to make a very well standing prediction of the performance figures of a vehicle based on it's power to weight ratio assuming that it's drag coefficient is not that of a brick wall.

I would compare the performance figures of a 550 horsepower Twin-Turbo V12 S600 and the 500 horsepower 5.4L V8 Kompressor S55 AMG to the mere 360 horsepower engine of a vehicle that only weighs 50 pounds less than an S55, however, I do not want to embarrass yourself and the future owners of an LS500.

Sorry, but unless the LS500 weighs something along the lines of half the weight of the S-Class, there is not a chance in the hot depths of hell that an LS500 will even be able to hang with it's corresponding model year S55 or S600.
If you've ever been to the track, you'll learn that power has little to do with acceleration on automatics when you have a wide range of gear ratios, gear lengths, short gears and long gears, stall rates, torque convertor designs, transmission and driveshaft power efficiency, etc to select from. Hell Lexus could easily throw in a built 14-bolt rear axle with a 15:1 gear ratio and annihilate the S600TT. Not saying that they will, in all likeliness they won't, but it is just as foolish to begin to say the S600 will definitely kill the LS500 when in fact the LS500 doesn't even exist . BTW Accord, 550bhps is nothing to be proud of on a twin turbo 6.0 liter V12. The Japanese equivalent would be producing around 900bhps on conservative boost pressure.

Regardless of those factors you both neglected to consider either because you're forgetful or you don't know anything about drivetrains, my initial point is that you can not make any assumptions about a car that hasn't even been produced yet, let alone track and dyno tested.

To address the earlier post, the IS430 Compressor is still a concept that TTE is working out with Lexus, however, if and when it is produced, it is sure to kill the M3 and C32 with 400hps screw-blown V8 on that light chassis. Prelimenary track tests put it's 0-62mph at 4.5sec. Oh yeah and it gets a full performance suspension package including some nice fat Brembo brakes to compliment it's power.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pinned down?

Awww how cute... I struck a nerve . It's quite clear that not only do you articulate yourself like a 12-year-old,
Well at least I'm not obviously stupid and ignorant. 500HP vs. 350. HMM.....boy that's a thinker....which one will be faster? You embarrass yourself if you are acutally going to come on here and say that 350HP will beat 500HP. Say what you will about my choice of words, but at least I know what I'm talking about.

[i]but you are just another chickenhawk MBWorld regular who re-registered a new handle just so you could whine and cry about me making you second guess your beloved car, but you are too big of a coward to face me on your regular handle so here you are. I feel so special now [/B]
Actually, no, you're wrong once again. You think you're so high and mighty that people actually change thier name to argue with you???? PUHHLEAASSEEE!!!!! You're so ignorant it's funny. Maybe some weak idiot would do that IF you actually knew what you were talking about, making valid points instead of making an *** out of yourself. That's not the case with me. Holla!!!!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:19 PM

SC400
To everyone except Lexus dude, excuse my hostility. I just get sick of people acting like Lexus is the end-all be all of autos. Sure, it's a nice car, but it's not standing 10000 feet above every other car company in every aspect like 99% of Lexus owners think just because they are reliable. After lurking around Clublexus I have seen so much bull**** that I just had to vent on the Mercedes board. Peace!

LOL, funny you say that, but the exact opposite phenomenon is what drew me here and is why I won't leave. You guys pull another worthless anti-Lexus thread out of your asses every couple of days it seems. Well I'll stick around for every last one of them to give Lexus is fair voice in the matter .
Old 09-11-2002, 09:20 PM

SC400
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pinned down?

Say what you will about my choice of words, but at least I know what I'm talking about.
No, no you don't sonny...
Old 09-11-2002, 09:26 PM

LOL, funny you say that, but the exact opposite phenomenon is what drew me here and is why I won't leave. You guys pull another worthless anti-Lexus thread out of your asses every couple of days it seems. Well I'll stick around for every last one of them to give Lexus is fair voice in the matter .

Great, stick around, and continute to look like an idiot. I'll be happy to argue over this all night.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pinned down?

No, no you don't sonny...

How will a 350 HP car outrun a 500HP one? Do Geo Metros beat your 250HP at the light? If your logic were true, they (or anything else w/ 150 HP less) should be leaving you in the dust.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

vent on the benz bored.. hmm..

not sure if i should come over and kick yo shiznak right now cuz i'm a lexus owner.. lotsa lexus's.. and benz owner.. lotsa benz's too (G WAGON !!!!) but you just stereotyped a lotta people in your posts

btw.. the LS500 should have more power. that way even thought you can't beat the s-class you can smoke a bimmer.. lol
Old 09-11-2002, 09:33 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
Lightbulb Back to Reality

hi everyone,

lets face it.....even if lexus strapped a jet engine to the roof of its cars and they were the fastest automobiles on the planet.....THEY WOULD STILL JUST BE A LEXUS!!!!....forgettable cookie cutter cars. i feel bad for you lexus owners but your not completely out of luck....just take a short trip to you local Mercedes Benz dealer and you can buy the real thing......not a cheap imitation!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HO lexus ls500