S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Congratulations!! Airmatic...visit workshop!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I checked out Duval Motors and they wanted 50 bucks for relay, anyone know where I could possibly find one cheaper.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Originally Posted by winmaw
It is Mercedes-Benz of Manhattan.
Service Ph. 1800 515-3198.
Check this out.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:34 PM

2004 S500
Originally Posted by sprink49
I have a 7:30 AM appointment with the dealer in the morning. I've had no problems since I changed the relay. I'm going to put the bad relay in just before I take it in and let them code it out and see if any thing else comes up. I'll update when I know more.
Just received a call from my service adviser at PBMB...the air suspension compressor coded bad so they are replacing it and the relay (under waranty)
Old 02-05-2007, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Yup. And the compressor (Airmatic pump) may have gone bad beause of the bad relay.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:50 PM

2004 S500
Angry

Got my car back today (Saturday AM). I would have had it sooner but someone at the dealer broke the right side outside mirror with it in the folded position!!! I got a brand new housing/mirror A~Z.

The Airmatic compressor and relay were replaced. The compressor coded with an internal short. The rest of the Airmatic system is in great shape with no leaks.

They also replaced one of the IR sensors to get my remote "Summer Feature" restored. Now the bad news.

I'm as much a nutty baastard about keeping my car as free from nicks and dings as the next guy and I am patient and understanding. I walked all the way around the car when I picked it up and G.. D.... It All!!!...both drivers side rims now have curb rash and gouges from the dealers fukin car wash that has a track on the left side to guide the wheels.

I showed the service writer and he dropped a turd right there in the drive through!! So I get to take it back Monday to see how they are going to handle the securing of replacement rims. Those rims were perfect when I took the car in last Monday!!!

It gets better...they also knocked a paint chip out of the right rear passenger door!!! The paint on this car is otherwise flawless!!!

The dealer is now part of the New Country chain of dealers out of New York...we'll see how they handle all of this.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by sprink49; 02-10-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005 S500 4matic
Exclamation

Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
Does anyone here happen to know the OEM part number for the repair kits for the front airmatic struts? Any help would be great.
Johan
The repair kits part # A2203202538

You're going to need the special tools If you're going to do it yourself. Part #s are: W220589000900 and W220589006100

Although I strongly suggest to leave this procedure to a professional.

Originally Posted by sprink49
Got my car back today (Saturday AM). I would have had it sooner but someone at the dealer broke the right side outside mirror with it in the folded position!!! I got a brand new housing/mirror A~Z.

The Airmatic compressor and relay were replaced. The compressor coded with an internal short. The rest of the Airmatic system is in great shape with no leaks.

They also replaced one of the IR sensors to get my remote "Summer Feature" restored. Now the bad news.

I'm as much a nutty baastard about keeping my car as free from nicks and dings as the next guy and I am patient and understanding. I walked all the way around the car when I picked it up and G.. D.... It All!!!...both drivers side rims now have curb rash and gouges from the dealers fukin car wash that has a track on the left side to guide the wheels.

I showed the service writer and he dropped a turd right there in the drive through!! So I get to take it back Monday to see how they are going to handle the securing of replacement rims. Those rims were perfect when I took the car in last Monday!!!

It gets better...they also knocked a paint chip out of the right rear passenger door!!! The paint on this car is otherwise flawless!!!

The dealer is now part of the New Country chain of dealers out of New York...we'll see how they handle all of this.

Stay tuned.
I so much understand you sprink. Those people treat our beauties as If it's a F.... bicycle. Slamming the doors, leaving chips on the exterior, opening windows and scratching them If they are dirty etc. I had the guy who said I cannot drive into the repair station myself because of their policy. It's like giving your wife to somebody else for the night. And guess what? He pushed the "handbrake" to the floor and didn't know how to release it or forgot I don't know. In the end he gives me the keys and I see he's been driving around the station with "handbrakes" actually engaged. I was like WTF!?!?! Having your own professional mechanic is way better rather than some dumb *** first timer reading the Tutorials.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:10 AM

R500
I have a R-500 and I have noticed the last couple of weeks that something wasn't shutting down after turning off the engine and now I know it is the airmatic system. I just drove my car and noticed the visit workshop message with an arrow up. What happens if it quits? I haven't noticed any changes in the height.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S500 & 2011 Mini JCW
Thought I read a post many months or year ago that said the Hella relay was superior to the Bosch and to buy that brand?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:57 PM

S500
I am in the same "boat". Not sure which relay exactly to start from to isolate the problem.