Clock didn't adjust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LX470
Clock didn't adjust

How do you manually adjust it for the poinltess hour advance?

I just spent 30 minutes sitting in the car trying to change it.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 231 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Benzdriver9

I forgot where it was in 2001. They move it around every release of COMAND. Try the SYS menu. You're looking for TIME. If I recall, in 2001 you set the time zone you're in and then you get to say yes or no to DST.

You don't set the time, just the zone/DST and let it get the minute from the GPS.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
ah ok. I was scrolling through the menu on the instrument cluster. I will try it tomorrow morning. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 AM

2002 S430
Originally Posted by Benzdriver9

Setting the clock using the multifunction steering wheel — vehicles without COMAND

With the engine running and car in Park, press the Page button (lower left side) on steering wheel until Settings appears in the lower display of speedometer. Do not press Reset at this time.

Setting the hour:
Step 1
Move the selection marker with the + or - button to either the Set Time or Time/Date submenu.

Step 2
Press the /\ or \/ button until the message Time Hours appears in the multifunction display. The selection marker is now on the hour setting.

Step 3
Press the + or - button to set the hour.

Step 4
Press the Reset button in the instrument cluster to confirm the settings.

Setting the minutes:
Step 1
Move the selection marker with the + or - button to either the Set Time or Time/Date submenu.

Step 2
Press the /\ or \/ button until the message Time Minutes appears in the multifunction display. The selection marker is now on the minute setting.

Step 3
Press the + or - button to set the minutes.

Step 4

Setting the clock using the COMAND controls

Step 1
Press the SVC button.

Step 2
Highlight and select System Settings by rotating and clicking the rotary knob.

Step 3
Highlight and select Settings.

Step 4
Highlight and select Date/Time on the settings menu and press to confirm. The menu displays the date and the time with the minutes highlighted.

Step 5
Press the right-hand rotary/button (on newer systems, use the arrows to select minutes or hours). When setting mode is active, the minutes will be highlighted.

Step 6
Turn the right-hand rotary/button to the right. Each click or press will move the time ahead in one-minute increments (on systems without a rotary knob, the up or down arrow is used to adjust minutes or hours; with GPS reception, the time is changed in 30-minute increments).

Step 7
Turn the right-hand rotary/button to the left. Each click or press will move the time back in one-minute increments (with GPS reception, the time is changed in 30-minute increments).

Step 8
To exit the system, press the Back button or hold the rotary/button for more than two seconds (on newer systems press the Back key or OK to save your settings).

Setting the clock for vehicles without COMAND and without GPS

Step 1
To set the hours, pull out the right knob in the instrument cluster and turn it counterclockwise.

Step 2
To set the minutes, pull out the right knob in the instrument cluster and turn it clockwise.

Step 3
To set the clock by a single hour or a few minutes, turn the knob a few degrees in the direction indicated for hours or minutes.

Sam
02S430
Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 S430
Originally Posted by sam02s430
Setting the clock using the multifunction steering wheel — vehicles without COMAND

With the engine running and car in Park, press the Page button (lower left side) on steering wheel until Settings appears in the lower display of speedometer. Do not press Reset at this time.

Setting the hour:
Step 1

Step 2
Press the /\ or \/ button until the message Time Hours appears in the multifunction display. The selection marker is now on the hour setting.

Step 3

Step 4

Setting the minutes:
Step 1

Step 2
Press the /\ or \/ button until the message Time Minutes appears in the multifunction display. The selection marker is now on the minute setting.

Step 3

Step 4

Step 1
Press the SVC button.

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4
Highlight and select Date/Time on the settings menu and press to confirm. The menu displays the date and the time with the minutes highlighted.

Step 5
Press the right-hand rotary/button (on newer systems, use the arrows to select minutes or hours). When setting mode is active, the minutes will be highlighted.

Step 6
Turn the right-hand rotary/button to the right. Each click or press will move the time ahead in one-minute increments (on systems without a rotary knob, the up or down arrow is used to adjust minutes or hours; with GPS reception, the time is changed in 30-minute increments).

Step 7
Turn the right-hand rotary/button to the left. Each click or press will move the time back in one-minute increments (with GPS reception, the time is changed in 30-minute increments).

Step 8
To exit the system, press the Back button or hold the rotary/button for more than two seconds (on newer systems press the Back key or OK to save your settings).

Step 1
To set the hours, pull out the right knob in the instrument cluster and turn it counterclockwise.

Step 2
To set the minutes, pull out the right knob in the instrument cluster and turn it clockwise.

Step 3
To set the clock by a single hour or a few minutes, turn the knob a few degrees in the direction indicated for hours or minutes.

Sam
02S430
Nice quote from the e-mail you got from MB.....lol
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM

2002 S430
Originally Posted by Mark_K
Nice quote from the e-mail you got from MB.....lol
What better source for info than MB direct?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
20 SL450, 15 S63, 13 Ferrari F12, 12 Cayenne S
I changed the time manually through command (I have command and GPS), but it always reads the time through the satellite and leaves it back to the wrong time (1 hr behind). Then when I try to change it again, it's locked out. Where can I change the time zone?

I have an 02 S500.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Banned

S
I just went to command SYSTEM menu and moved it 1 hr up lol.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
I had issues in the beginning on changing the clock.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 PM

2001 s500 Sport
I gave up after several attempts and took the easy way out. I simply changed the time zone to Atlantic time from Eastern and it took care of the hour differential in my area.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM

S320L W220 1999
no clock

Originally Posted by sam02s430

Setting the hour:
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Setting the minutes:
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 1
Press the SVC button.

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Sam
02S430
Hi,

Please help, I just bought the S320L from 1999 but unfortunately there is no clock there, on right hand side I can only see PW but there is nothing else, I have got version with no SAT NAV, When I was playing with settings as advised I couldn`t see anything to deal with time settings, would you please happen to know how I can set it up, driving without time is so frustrating

Regards Lucas