S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Some New Pics Of A Gorgeous Car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
Originally Posted by Benzdriver9
Ignore feature works wonders, so use it.
Seriously, I was bein very polite and just stating some facts .. but if you want to get snotty .. damn man, get a life!!!

It's a car, you had problems, move on .. to stay on a board of admitted enthusiasts just to whine about your bad experience .. on threads that have NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIABILITY OR YOUR LITTLE ISSUES .. make your own thread and get it closed, like the other MB haters and trolls.

It's the height of stupidity to let something negative dominate your life (1,900 posts dude .. that's a lot) when YOU have control over it and can move on at any time!

Either you love to hate or you just don't place any value on your personal happiness because all reason should have told you to move on to something that makes you happy, instead of actually joining a board of people who are happy with their purchase to post day and night about how sad you are with yours!

You need a hug from Dr. Phil .. or Honda .. or someone .. but you're just sad man .. sad.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Wow, you must have purchased your new 221 from MB Manhattan because every single time I used to go there it was second class citizen treatment since I bought the car elsewhere.
As Asian_ML said - I bought the car from Glausser..... I went to MB Manhattan to buy the car - they did not have what I was looking for and I told them I would go elsewhere simply because of my required options... they were fine with that and service my car and provide loaner.... etc. Good relationships with them. Never a problem. Very surprised you had Second Class citizen treatment..... not sure what that means.... was ur service rep the problem? Was getting an appointment? To say "my dealer sux" ..... has to have some sort of backing?

Was I unhappy with my 500? Goddamn straight I was. It was my first major purchase on my own after college, it was my first luxury car, it was a car I always wanted. And for what? Over 40 visits to the shop? Unacceptable for ANY brand of automobile let alone the oh so high and mighty Mercedes-Benz badge.
I was also unhappy with my 500 - in terms of quality.... but joy of driving - it was GREAT and i had a great time with it - it performed great. The car itself was FABULOUS! It was the problems, (horn breaking twice..... suspension breaking 3 times, etc)...... so thats mechanical defects.... not the joy of actually driving the car... which i enjoyed. Yes - unacceptable for any brand to have these types of problems. Im not denying this. Never will.

It's easy for someone to play Monday morning quarterback and just say "trade it in", but financial reasons and a very uncertain long term employment future with my company are keeping me from ditching the 430 and going into something sane like an RL or a LS.
Its not that im "counting" your money dude. Im just sayin, if you do want to give MB another shot - you can trust that the 221s (NATIONWIDE) have no real track record of screwy things.

I have every right to make my feelings known because I hope that if just one potential 220 buyer makes it onto this board that I can somehow change his or her mind about buying such absolute ****. Are all 220's bad? No, they aren't, but a good number of them are TERRIBLE cars.
Absolutely you have the right to make your feelings known, but they just seem so bitter and all that - and at the end of the day - it is just a car u know..... For you to persude other 220 buyers simply cuz you had problems with your car.... well thats quite sounding like sour grapes a bit. I know people that have 7 series BMW (E65) and they HATE IT..... and i have friends that have not had 1 problem with theirs, even the new 2002 year cars....... Dont know what to tell you -

As for the 221's, well I could care less about that car because I will never go back to Mercedes-Benz after the 430 gets traded, totaled, or stolen.

They've already lost three customers (father, step-mom, and sister), and they will lose one more once I figure out where I land a better job and get back on my feet.
Well Im sure are adamant about not going to MB again. Its so weird to hear someone say what you say....... you are almost mapping out yoru car's future..... traded, totaled, stolen....... etc.

Like I said, Mercedes-Benz, in my eyes is total ****, and MB Manhattan is a great reflection of their "buy it here we care, you didn't? Well then F off" attitude. Those *** clowns had the ***** to tell me I needed brakes when I just had all 4 rotors and pads replaced 3 months prior. The delivery of my car was so poor on two seperate incidents, they had to detail the vehicle inside and out because grease was everyewhere.
I never had that "buy it here we care, you didn't? Well then F off" attitude......I see you had a brakes issue and it is also surprising they allowed grease to be in your car when it was returned to you. Again, I never had this happen to me before, and i wonder if anyone else had this experience.

Maybe MB Manhattan has changed, I don't know, but if they have then good for you. I wish nobody ill will on a car that costs as much as some houses, but for someone (generally speaking) to buy a Mercedes just for the name is a goddamn certifiabally insane label *****.
I dont know how MB was at a prior date - i have been using them since 2002. 5 years + and no problems. Truth though dude, most mercedes buyers are buying it because its a mercedes! Believe me...... there is a reason the VW Phaeton was a total flop. QUality was better than MB..... price was LESS than an MB SClass....... All options...... solid like a damn TANK! Fast..... LARGE.... etc...... no reason it should have flopped..... but as we saw - it did, and i can tell you, it is 100% because no one will pay $80,000 to say "yea..... i drive a VW....... " Not everyone buys MB's for the name however...... or any car for that matter...
Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
Originally Posted by shaw01
Seriously, I was bein very polite and just stating some facts .. but if you want to get snotty .. damn man, get a life!!!

It's a car, you had problems, move on .. to stay on a board of admitted enthusiasts just to whine about your bad experience .. on threads that have NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIABILITY OR YOUR LITTLE ISSUES .. make your own thread and get it closed, like the other MB haters and trolls.

It's the height of stupidity to let something negative dominate your life (1,900 posts dude .. that's a lot) when YOU have control over it and can move on at any time!

Either you love to hate or you just don't place any value on your personal happiness because all reason should have told you to move on to something that makes you happy, instead of actually joining a board of people who are happy with their purchase to post day and night about how sad you are with yours!

You need a hug from Dr. Phil .. or Honda .. or someone .. but you're just sad man .. sad.

1900 posts and about 1850 are in OT. Hell I even go to the meets. I don't hate all MB, just the 220's.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 PM

2005 S55
1900 posts and about 1850 are in OT. Hell I even go to the meets. I don't hate all MB, just the 220's.
But ...

As for the 221's, well I could care less about that car because I will never go back to Mercedes-Benz after the 430 gets traded, totaled, or stolen.

They've already lost three customers (father, step-mom, and sister), and they will lose one more once I figure out where I land a better job and get back on my feet.

and

Quote:
Like I said, Mercedes-Benz, in my eyes is total ****,

I'll stop beating a dead horse here .. but again, I'm just saying .. maybe look at how this is effecting you and if it's worth it .. Kinda hard to back up your "I don't hate MB" statement when you read your own words.

Either way, good luck .. actually better luck to you and your current car and any future one's you get. We all deserve to be happy with what we spend our hard earned $$ on!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
ok good point. you called me out and I admit it.

I agree that people need to be happy, but don't think that car was keeping me up at night. I have been known to complain and for me, it's just a way to vent.

If you ever see me at a meet you'll know I'm angry, but in a comical way.

Good luck with your sled and I will post pics of the 430 when I pick it up on Friday.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:14 AM

2005 S55
ok good point. you called me out and I admit it.

I agree that people need to be happy, but don't think that car was keeping me up at night. I have been known to complain and for me, it's just a way to vent.

If you ever see me at a meet you'll know I'm angry, but in a comical way.

Good luck with your sled and I will post pics of the 430 when I pick it up on Friday.
Hey man, if you can laugh at yourself when bad **** happens, you've got the right attitude!! Sure, it's kind of lip service but when I typed the last line I meant it .. we all work hard for what we have, be it a c190 or S65 ,, so you sure as **** deserve to enjoy what you're spending your hard earned on!!

So here's hoping things start to turn the right way for you .. sounds like you had your share of wrong!

Good luck and maybe I'll meet you at a gathering some day!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Banned

C320
Originally Posted by Chucky300

And to the rediculous PUTS/POST that says I am Oxygen..... does this forum really require me to answer this? Let it go man. Get some therapy/see a support group. This is not supposed to be a hate forum - release your anger somewhere else.