Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
great pics
Old 05-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS 63 S AMG , s500,clk550
nice soo sleek looking if u ever plan to sell it let me know!!! im starting my collection of stylisitic s classes..

p.s. ur hilarious dude this is wayyy tooo funny
Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS 63 S AMG , s500,clk550
Originally Posted by Benzdriver9

LOL oh God, make it go away!
hahahahaha!!!are u thinkin what im thinkin? if soo i agree lol
Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LX470
Originally Posted by fusion2007
nice soo sleek looking if u ever plan to sell it let me know!!! im starting my collection of stylisitic s classes..

p.s. ur hilarious dude this is wayyy tooo funny
You'd actually buy that car after it's hit 130? Body looks good, but I'd bet the house on it that the car has had the dog **** driven out of it.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
You'd actually buy that car after it's hit 130? Body looks good, but I'd bet the house on it that the car has had the dog **** driven out of it.
I would have to imagine EVERY mercedes on the road has seen in excess of 100mph..........
Old 05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
Originally Posted by Chucky300
I would have to imagine EVERY mercedes on the road has seen in excess of 100mph..........
My old one never did and neither will the 430.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

2014 S550
My old one never did and neither will the 430.
hmm... thats sad. ur missing out. its really a thrill in controlled places to take the car up to a high speed. Somehow its hard to believe your car has not done this.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
Originally Posted by Chucky300
hmm... thats sad. ur missing out. its really a thrill in controlled places to take the car up to a high speed. Somehow its hard to believe your car has not done this.
Why would I want to drive like that? I get absolutely no satisfaction in going that fast.

I use my car to get from point A to point B comfortably and safely.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Why would I want to drive like that? I get absolutely no satisfaction in going that fast.

I use my car to get from point A to point B comfortably and safely.
Oh Ok.
They are good for that too....... Just surprising because Mercedes is also primarily known for their ultra comfy highspeed stability/cruising.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
kor
Almost a Member!

MB S320CDI 2001, VW Golf Variant 2001, BMW E36 328I cabrio 1998
There is no logical need to drive fast in an s-class. Normal driving is 120km/h for me (75 miles) and it is very relaxing.
But living near the german border I sometimes use their Autobahn (which has quite some parts without speedlimit) and drive somewhat faster (just like the Germans do)
Highest for me so far is 220km/h. And it went smooth and stable (It specs say it is able to do 230kmh/143miles). It happened after coming home from a business trip on a saturday morning with almost no traffic.

The car is built to deliver that on a normal road (depending on traffic of course)
And I met quite a lot of Germans with a nice Benz or BMW that ocassionally drive fast and I would buy their car as long as it has a decent service history.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
Originally Posted by kor
There is no logical need to drive fast in an s-class. Normal driving is 120km/h for me (75 miles) and it is very relaxing.
But living near the german border I sometimes use their Autobahn (which has quite some parts without speedlimit) and drive somewhat faster (just like the Germans do)
Highest for me so far is 220km/h. And it went smooth and stable (It specs say it is able to do 230kmh/143miles). It happened after coming home from a business trip on a saturday morning with almost no traffic.

The car is built to deliver that on a normal road (depending on traffic of course)
And I met quite a lot of Germans with a nice Benz or BMW that ocassionally drive fast and I would buy their car as long as it has a decent service history.
Decent service history and Mercedes-Benz in the same sentence?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Decent service history and Mercedes-Benz in the same sentence?
Dude, wtf, do you have an agenda to push on us? LOL

Does Oxygen take the pictures himself?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
Originally Posted by AsianML
Dude, wtf, do you have an agenda to push on us? LOL

You are playing right into my hands young ninja! haha nah I'm just a bitter and jaded guy who has been disappointed by such a "prestegious" car maker.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
I would assume so?

I like my cars driven the crap out of. I have cruised her at 130, took layers off my rear tires, and gone to 6200 rpms.

Tis a good feeling. I will never spoil any car I own.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by newton22
I would assume so?

I like my cars driven the crap out of. I have cruised her at 130, took layers off my rear tires, and gone to 6200 rpms.

Tis a good feeling. I will never spoil any car I own.
Is going to 6200 RPM necessarily a bad thing...? Obviously not too good if you're doing it all the time.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Banned

C320
Maybe Chucky is Oxygen!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Is going to 6200 RPM necessarily a bad thing...? Obviously not too good if you're doing it all the time.
It is bad, though that doesn't necessarily mean something will break. Basically, any point near, at, and especially beyond the redline is risking your motor.

I've gone twice, once at about 6050 rpms and another time at nearly 6200 rpms. Using manumatic, she shifts slowwww. I shift into second at 5900 rpms, she shifts at 6050, I shift at 6000 at the end of second, she shifts at almost 6200 (and at 6200, she actually shut the fuel off).
Old 05-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by newton22
It is bad, though that doesn't necessarily mean something will break. Basically, any point near, at, and especially beyond the redline is risking your motor.

I've gone twice, once at about 6050 rpms and another time at nearly 6200 rpms. Using manumatic, she shifts slowwww. I shift into second at 5900 rpms, she shifts at 6050, I shift at 6000 at the end of second, she shifts at almost 6200 (and at 6200, she actually shut the fuel off).
Hi, I had an S500 b4 this one - and it was also a big dissapointment.
However, Let me just say that I believe it was an era which mb went through some serious decision making, and sadly, they went for cost cutting, instead of whatever decision would allow them to maintain their quality.

A friend of mine has had a mercedes since the 80s...280SL, 190E, 300SEL, E500, etc etc and never had problems till the E500 and it scared im off into the likes of a Jaguar Vandan Plas 2007.

I was so angry at the way MB handled their car making, that I was nearly ready to switch because as a first time MB owner, my first impression was poor. However, I gave it another shot and figured, if it really is not any better, ill trade early in the car's life and just switch to something else. I am so satisfied with this car - and the service you state is awful, has been anything but. I can not speak for other dealers, but I can tell you that MB Manhattan has NOT dissappointed me (Service-wise) ever.... even with the 220. (They fixed everything quick, as often as needed). With my car now not having problems, I just take it in for routine service, and its 1, 2, 3. My S.A has been nothing less than perfection and frankly, except for the 20 mile drive from my house, its not even the slightest of annoyance. (not that the drive is annoying....especially since i am able to drop it off, go to work in a MB courtesy drive....... and get my car delivered to my office when it is done, it is parked at a hotel across the street when its ready. I dont have to call for it, worry if its gonna be late and i will be stranded, etc.

So, if you are unhappy with your car, which we all kinda feel you are...... dont let it make you filled with all that sarcastic, "I hate MB and dont trust any of them" feelings......Trade up if u really cant stand it anymore. Believe me - Anyone that owns a 221 will tell you - its COMPLETELY different..... in all aspects, from quality, to finishing, to everything.

And to the rediculous PUTS/POST that says I am Oxygen..... does this forum really require me to answer this? Let it go man. Get some therapy/see a support group. This is not supposed to be a hate forum - release your anger somewhere else.

Last edited by Chucky300; 05-02-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
Wow, you must have purchased your new 221 from MB Manhattan because every single time I used to go there it was second class citizen treatment since I bought the car elsewhere.

Was I unhappy with my 500? Goddamn straight I was. It was my first major purchase on my own after college, it was my first luxury car, it was a car I always wanted. And for what? Over 40 visits to the shop? Unacceptable for ANY brand of automobile let alone the oh so high and mighty Mercedes-Benz badge.

It's easy for someone to play Monday morning quarterback and just say "trade it in", but financial reasons and a very uncertain long term employment future with my company are keeping me from ditching the 430 and going into something sane like an RL or a LS.

I have every right to make my feelings known because I hope that if just one potential 220 buyer makes it onto this board that I can somehow change his or her mind about buying such absolute ****. Are all 220's bad? No, they aren't, but a good number of them are TERRIBLE cars.

As for the 221's, well I could care less about that car because I will never go back to Mercedes-Benz after the 430 gets traded, totaled, or stolen.

They've already lost three customers (father, step-mom, and sister), and they will lose one more once I figure out where I land a better job and get back on my feet.

Like I said, Mercedes-Benz, in my eyes is total ****, and MB Manhattan is a great reflection of their "buy it here we care, you didn't? Well then F off" attitude. Those *** clowns had the ***** to tell me I needed brakes when I just had all 4 rotors and pads replaced 3 months prior. The delivery of my car was so poor on two seperate incidents, they had to detail the vehicle inside and out because grease was everyewhere.

Maybe MB Manhattan has changed, I don't know, but if they have then good for you. I wish nobody ill will on a car that costs as much as some houses, but for someone (generally speaking) to buy a Mercedes just for the name is a goddamn certifiabally insane label *****.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Well with MB Manhattan you can go straight up the corporate ladder to complain since it's MB owned and operated.

Chucky bought the S550 from MB Westminster in Oregon.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
Well with MB Manhattan you can go straight up the corporate ladder to complain since it's MB owned and operated.

Chucky bought the S550 from MB Westminster in Oregon.
Oh man I complained so many times they knew how I took my coffee and what size shoes I wear (14 EEE just in case you want to get me a pair), but the only thing I ever got was a free A service out of them.

Live and learn. The Japanese will treat me better, I just know it. Hell at this point, the Americans will treat me better.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 PM

2005 S55
Wow, you must have purchased your new 221 from MB Manhattan because every single time I used to go there it was second class citizen treatment since I bought the car elsewhere.

Was I unhappy with my 500? Goddamn straight I was. It was my first major purchase on my own after college, it was my first luxury car, it was a car I always wanted. And for what? Over 40 visits to the shop? Unacceptable for ANY brand of automobile let alone the oh so high and mighty Mercedes-Benz badge.

It's easy for someone to play Monday morning quarterback and just say "trade it in", but financial reasons and a very uncertain long term employment future with my company are keeping me from ditching the 430 and going into something sane like an RL or a LS.

I have every right to make my feelings known because I hope that if just one potential 220 buyer makes it onto this board that I can somehow change his or her mind about buying such absolute ****. Are all 220's bad? No, they aren't, but a good number of them are TERRIBLE cars.

As for the 221's, well I could care less about that car because I will never go back to Mercedes-Benz after the 430 gets traded, totaled, or stolen.

They've already lost three customers (father, step-mom, and sister), and they will lose one more once I figure out where I land a better job and get back on my feet.

Like I said, Mercedes-Benz, in my eyes is total ****, and MB Manhattan is a great reflection of their "buy it here we care, you didn't? Well then F off" attitude. Those *** clowns had the ***** to tell me I needed brakes when I just had all 4 rotors and pads replaced 3 months prior. The delivery of my car was so poor on two seperate incidents, they had to detail the vehicle inside and out because grease was everyewhere.

Maybe MB Manhattan has changed, I don't know, but if they have then good for you. I wish nobody ill will on a car that costs as much as some houses, but for someone (generally speaking) to buy a Mercedes just for the name is a goddamn certifiabally insane label *****.

1,900 posts is a lot of effort put into hate .. maybe this car is costin you more than just the $$ you don't want to lose getting out of it now. Perhaps getting into something new .. and getting on their board to talk about something positive for you .. would do you better. No offense but I doubt we (MB enthusiasts, which is why we're on this board) would miss the hate.

I'm just sayin ..
Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LX470
Originally Posted by shaw01
1,900 posts is a lot of effort put into hate .. maybe this car is costin you more than just the $$ you don't want to lose getting out of it now. Perhaps getting into something new .. and getting on their board to talk about something positive for you .. would do you better. No offense but I doubt we (MB enthusiasts, which is why we're on this board) would miss the hate.

I'm just sayin ..
Ignore feature works wonders, so use it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some New Pics Of A Gorgeous Car!