Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Door locking issue....

Hey guys,,

Something happened to my problem child today..(04 S430) The door assist, and door locks stopped working, and the trunk does not open. Hmmmm.. I checked the fuses in the cabin, but no luck.. I can not open the trunk because it's dead also.. I have my books and fuse map in there. Anyone have any ideas??
"DM"
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
Originally Posted by my06clk
Hey guys,,

Something happened to my problem child today..(04 S430) The door assist, and door locks stopped working, and the trunk does not open. Hmmmm.. I checked the fuses in the cabin, but no luck.. I can not open the trunk because it's dead also.. I have my books and fuse map in there. Anyone have any ideas??
"DM"
It's a fuse or your vacum pump .. the fuse for the pump is under the rear passenter seat, behing the light plate .. yellow 20amp fuse.

If the fuse fixes it you still may want to get it checked out .. I did the fuse replacement thing for about 3 months then it wouldn't work, the pump totally failed.

Make sure you get to it soon .. the pump also controls the rear seat head rests and gas tank lock .. I had to pry it open when mine failed on an Vegas trip .. I don't know of any way to unlock it when the pump fails or fuse it bad.

Anyway, good luck!
Old 06-13-2007, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by shaw01
It's a fuse or your vacum pump .. the fuse for the pump is under the rear passenter seat, behing the light plate .. yellow 20amp fuse.

If the fuse fixes it you still may want to get it checked out .. I did the fuse replacement thing for about 3 months then it wouldn't work, the pump totally failed.

Make sure you get to it soon .. the pump also controls the rear seat head rests and gas tank lock .. I had to pry it open when mine failed on an Vegas trip .. I don't know of any way to unlock it when the pump fails or fuse it bad.

Anyway, good luck!
I checked the 20 amp fuse but it looked good. I took it in to the dealer, and it was in fact a fuse but I don't know which one because my SR did not know. they recently installed the PSE pump so they checked the wiring etc.. to find out why the fuse blew but came up with nothing.. No Charge... so i was okay.

However,, It concerns me that when this happens, there is absolutel no way of getting into the trunk of the car.!!! This kinda bugs me especially since the thing could Blow again at any time,,, hopefully not.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
Originally Posted by my06clk
I checked the 20 amp fuse but it looked good. I took it in to the dealer, and it was in fact a fuse but I don't know which one because my SR did not know. they recently installed the PSE pump so they checked the wiring etc.. to find out why the fuse blew but came up with nothing.. No Charge... so i was okay.

However,, It concerns me that when this happens, there is absolutel no way of getting into the trunk of the car.!!! This kinda bugs me especially since the thing could Blow again at any time,,, hopefully not.
You can still get into the trunk using the metal key on your key FOB .. the real concern is you can't open your gas tank.

It is the 20 amp fuse under the rear passenger seat .. I believe 3rd from the right as you're looking at it .. I replaced it that many times before I got the vacum pump replaced.

If they replaced the pump you should be fine, it was probably on the way to failing .. but if you need to get into the trunk use the small metal key, turn and push in and the trunk will open. Inconvenient but it works .. like I said, teh gas lock is a different issue.

Glad it worked out for ya .. happy driving!!!