S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Lowering Airmatic Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junction Produce 03 S55 AMG
Lowering Airmatic Suspension

Ok I've been searching the forums and found some suggestions for lowering with Airmatic Suspension. Using washers seems the most cost effective. But how low can it actually go? I want my car to be almost sitting on the ground when i'm not driving it. Is this possible? I've also heard about TWS brackets, would that help me get lower? Where can I find these brackets? I have an 03 S55 and any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
A search and some time will you give you all the answers.

Washers is entirely a do-it-yourself thing. I maxed out the length of my stud, so I did a little fabrication and modified it. Now, I can go very low.

www.adjustableairride.com sells kits. I believe you can go very low with those.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by vision808
Ok I've been searching the forums and found some suggestions for lowering with Airmatic Suspension. Using washers seems the most cost effective. But how low can it actually go? I want my car to be almost sitting on the ground when i'm not driving it. Is this possible? I've also heard about TWS brackets, would that help me get lower? Where can I find these brackets? I have an 03 S55 and any help would be appreciated.
Washers here. My sig pic is as low as I could get it to go, which happens to be perfect for me. Any lower would be sliding on the ground ..lol

read this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ighlight=fkong

Last edited by Vader55; 12-05-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM

Junction Produce 03 S55 AMG
Thanks for all the advice. This is a little photoshop of what I want my car to look like when i'm done.
Attached Thumbnails Lowering Airmatic Suspension-jpw220_beil.jpg  
Old 12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Almost a Member!

To get the car on the ground when u are not driving it, you are going to have to bleed the system of air completely. This means you will have to somehow purge all of the air of the suspension. You could put 4 purge valves on the air line just before the air line junction, and the wire the purges to a button. When the button is pressed they open and the air escapes. The other choice is to look at a wiring diagram and see which wires activate the suspension and tap into them. Price the air struts before doing this though and see if you change your mind. If you completely deflate them numerous times, you are looking for failure of the bag itself, especially if the car is several years old.