S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Tints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
Originally Posted by Gondon
YOu said you got 20% all around, yet you say your windsheild isnt tinted? Doesnt that means its not all around.

Ok To Clarify this..

ALL AROUND means every window right?

Im going tommorow to 212Motoring for my tints.
yea uhh it's not legal in most civilized country's to tint the windshield and thats some **** the cops wont let slide, so all around = all windows besides the windshield
Old 02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by icwater
yea uhh it's not legal in most civilized country's to tint the windshield and thats some **** the cops wont let slide, so all around = all windows besides the windshield
So wont it look ugly ? if all is tinted and the windsheild is not?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2000 S430, 1999 E 320, 2 K5 blazers,
i have limo and never been pulled over, but that one comment is right if your not use to tint then go lighter. It can be dangerious
Old 02-10-2008, 08:09 AM

2003 S-600
I put 35% on my car 2 days after I bought it.. Some cars IMO require more than that to make it look right some cars require less.. The 35% tint on my car gave it a classy look it never had without the tint.. I think its the perfect level and anything darker would of taken away from the car rather than added to it.. My tint guy was tryin to get me to do 35% on the windshield but I decided against it as I drive the car at night and dont want to worry about not being able to see anything out the front..

If you guys want to have tints done on your Benz's I have the perfect tint guy. He is VERY good at what he does.. Uses Llumar tint (has a lifetime warranty on the tint plus he guarantees his work) and installs it the right way by adding the felt on the window grippers so it does not scratch or streak the tint.. He's located in Astoria and willing to do "group buy's" to cut the price down.. I paid $200 to have mine tinted (without the windshield) If anyone is wondering about his work im willing to meet up so you can see the job he did on my car.. It truly is flawless..

PS - Did you guys know Michigan is the only state in the country that has NO TINT laws? You can tint the windshield limo if you wanted to and cops cant do a damn thing about it I believe Florida and S. Dakota are next with a 15% limit..

Last edited by Kwik SC; 02-10-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by Kwik SC
I put 35% on my car 2 days after I bought it.. Some cars IMO require more than that to make it look right some cars require less.. The 35% tint on my car gave it a classy look it never had without the tint.. I think its the perfect level and anything darker would of taken away from the car rather than added to it.. My tint guy was tryin to get me to do 35% on the windshield but I decided against it as I drive the car at night and dont want to worry about not being able to see anything out the front..

If you guys want to have tints done on your Benz's I have the perfect tint guy. He is VERY good at what he does.. Uses Llumar tint (has a lifetime warranty on the tint plus he guarantees his work) and installs it the right way by adding the felt on the window grippers so it does not scratch or streak the tint.. He's located in Astoria and willing to do "group buy's" to cut the price down.. I paid $200 to have mine tinted (without the windshield) If anyone is wondering about his work im willing to meet up so you can see the job he did on my car.. It truly is flawless..

PS - Did you guys know Michigan is the only state in the country that has NO TINT laws? You can tint the windshield limo if you wanted to and cops cant do a damn thing about it I believe Florida and S. Dakota are next with a 15% limit..
35% huh?

Ive heard someone mention that classy look b4 also.
Post some pics of your car with tint b4 and after.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:20 AM

2000 S430
ok I took some pics today it looks lighter than it is due to the fact that the sun was comming through the windsheild and it does appear darker when it isnt.
Attached Thumbnails Tints-benz-001.jpg   Tints-benz-003.jpg  
Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 AM

Clk Black Series
35% on my old 55 for the classy look. imo, the lighter tint looks better on lighter cars and the dark tint looks better on darker colors

looks even darker inside
Old 02-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by jenk12m
35% on my old 55 for the classy look. imo, the lighter tint looks better on lighter cars and the dark tint looks better on darker colors

looks even darker inside
Thx I will go with 35%
Old 02-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Thx I will go with 35%
Drove up talked to them, He recommended 35% over 20% , goona bring my car in at 3 and they will be done at 5 pm.

Payed $225+ Tax.

I hope I can make it there in my summer tires, Really heavy snow right now on the roads.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM

2003 S-600
Drove up talked to them, He recommended 35% over 20% , goona bring my car in at 3 and they will be done at 5 pm.

Payed $225+ Tax.

I hope I can make it there in my summer tires, Really heavy snow right now on the roads.
Told you so.. Everyone suggests 35% for these cars.. Here's my before and after pics.. Please excuse the after pics as they were taken with my Blackberry..

Before:

After:

You should of Pmed me first before you had your tints done.. My tint guy would of done it for $200 and he knows how to tint these cars properly..
Old 02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Told you so.. Everyone suggests 35% for these cars.. Here's my before and after pics.. Please excuse the after pics as they were taken with my Blackberry..

Before:

After:

You should of Pmed me first before you had your tints done.. My tint guy would of done it for $200 and he knows how to tint these cars properly..

Looks really good.

Well I had one hell of an adventure today.

So Driving back to the Tint Shop like 25 min in traffic. Fianlly get off my exit and Im in the left lane and another car in the right lane. We can both turn left from there as long as you go into you own LANES. This stupid ***** who looks like 18-21 turns into both lanes partially mine and hers as I try to fit in and look at her car at the same time I end up hitting the curb with my wheel or my side skirt no clue, car just ****ing jumped. I shoudlve been looking more clearly on the road as this turn is like on a hill either way, I tohught I was clear enough. guess I want. Thx god I was driving slow and in W mode as its super heavy snow now in NY. I pulled over and no damage I guess. I guess my tire just rubbed against it.

So I arrive there at like 3:10 and basically he tells me because of the snow the job wouldntt be done so well and he doesnt want me coming back with complaints and it disoriented him or w.e or maybe sched got ****ed up. basically he was like come in tommorow morning.

On the way home on the streets of BROOKLYN. The snow fully pilled on the Street and froze up. no steet contact at all with the wheels. Now here's the best part im driving on SUMMER TIRES. At 1 mph any accelration or the brakes were causing the car to spin out left and right like hell lol.

Fianlly I get to my house in this mayham no damn parking as I make 4 circles, I end up parking all the way at the end of the next block. As I get near my house 3 ****ing spots around my building rofl.. Well thats that.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
ya the snow sucks makes me think i should have gotten a 4maticseen alot of accidents and almost got in one pulling out of my drive way some a$$hole in an old altima speeding down the block brakes and slides 10 feet and youd think people would slow down when they see a car inching out of the drive way, nope they speed around

Last edited by 02S430; 02-12-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
MY ESP light didnt even go on lol. Makes me think its broken lol
Old 02-12-2008, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
MY ESP light didnt even go on lol. Makes me think its broken lol
maybe its off
Old 02-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by 02S430
maybe its off
Nah When I push the button nothing happens either.

It seems it is off as it doesnt display in the Instrument Panel.

But I know the ESP is preset in the ECU just like 130 top speed.

So I think its there and it just doenst light up not sure.

How would I know if ESP is working lol. I think i correct my own lil spins today and not the ESP. My spins were at like 5-10 mph. But my car didnt spin litteraly I mean i felt the rear move just a slight when I gased a bit. So I let off the gas and car went back to straight.

Last edited by Gondon; 02-12-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
So its up finally.
Watched 2 movies while it was being done "Jumper" and "Untraceable"

Im surprised how dark it is, but then I realized its the black leather inside and you can see inside it. Anyways Im very happy. Car is a bit dirty in the pics. I only took 2 pics, Ill take some nice angle shots after I clean the car and with a real camera.

here it is 35%

Old 02-15-2008, 07:24 PM

s500

tint looks fantastic. i co-sgn with the comment mentioned earlier that darker tints look better on dark cars and lighter cars look better with lighter tints. you made the right choice! if it were me though i would probably get like 40-50% only cuz im not a fan of trying so hard to see at night haha. anyways, nice look man. but those wheels need to be changed ASAP haha
Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Thx, I love my AMG's.
Id only take some super dupper rims over the amg's though

Well the front windshield isnt tinted.

Its only 5 windows.

Also the black interior helps, when the car is empty its give an optical illusion as though its like 10-20% tint. But once someone is inside you can see them. 35% is cool.

I cant open my windows for 3 days thats wat he told me. Also there are some bubbles on driver side window, but someone told me it will go away.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
Thx, I love my AMG's.
Also there are some bubbles on driver side window, but someone told me it will go away.
theyll go away once the soapy water drys if not just bring it back, look good but i like my 20%
Attached Thumbnails Tints-car13.jpg  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:51 PM

s500
Thx, I love my AMG's.
Id only take some super dupper rims over the amg's though

Well the front windshield isnt tinted.

Its only 5 windows.

Also the black interior helps, when the car is empty its give an optical illusion as though its like 10-20% tint. But once someone is inside you can see them. 35% is cool.

I cant open my windows for 3 days thats wat he told me. Also there are some bubbles on driver side window, but someone told me it will go away.
well obviously the front windshield isn't tinted, thats like illegal everywhere haha. i meant like looking over the shoulder or in my rearview. my friend has a bmw with a 35% tint and at night its pretty freakin dark and hard to see when there is no substantial street lighting. I am a very cautious driver.

i agree the amg rims are beauties. i have amg ones on mine, but the 03+ 55 model ones. im just saying the 00-02 amg's look extremely outdated compared to the 03+ newer ones or the 55 ones.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Alot of my friends said Its light lol . But I still do like 35% .

OMFG one of my idiot friends rolled down the passenger window by accident what a dumbass. Will this reall **** up the tint?
Old 02-16-2008, 08:47 AM

2003 S-600
Alot of my friends said Its light lol . But I still do like 35% .

OMFG one of my idiot friends rolled down the passenger window by accident what a dumbass. Will this reall **** up the tint?
If the shop in question did the tint job right you should have no problems with the tint if your friend rolled down the window by accident.. My parents jacked my car the day after I put the tints on the car and my father also accidentally rolled down the drivers side window to pay for a toll.. It has not been a problem.. And I have never seen bubbles on a tint job before, after they were done unless it was done improperly..

Did they put felt on the window rubber that grips the window? I hope so otherwise your tint will scratch..
Old 02-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
If the shop in question did the tint job right you should have no problems with the tint if your friend rolled down the window by accident.. My parents jacked my car the day after I put the tints on the car and my father also accidentally rolled down the drivers side window to pay for a toll.. It has not been a problem.. And I have never seen bubbles on a tint job before, after they were done unless it was done improperly..

Did they put felt on the window rubber that grips the window? I hope so otherwise your tint will scratch..
Yes they did, their was felt all around the sides.

This is 212 they get alot of Benzes.
I heard the bubbles go away after the soap dries.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Yes they did, their was felt all around the sides.

This is 212 they get alot of Benzes.
I heard the bubbles go away after the soap dries.
Your car is Craptastic!!

Vegas should set up a line on the following Over/Under in Days, I’d say 90.

The S -

Is damaged while being parked on the street?

Will be pulled over by NYPD for illegal tint?

The tint bubbles remain until the car is repossessed?

Is unable fix car due too excessive cost and will be on cinder blocks as he sells the rims to raise cash for the repair?

Will post some benign worthless drivel that ends with an emoticon?
Old 02-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by rccmerc
Your car is Craptastic!!

Vegas should set up a line on the following Over/Under in Days, I’d say 90.

The S -

Is damaged while being parked on the street?

Will be pulled over by NYPD for illegal tint?

The tint bubbles remain until the car is repossessed?

Is unable fix car due too excessive cost and will be on cinder blocks as he sells the rims to raise cash for the repair?

Will post some benign worthless drivel that ends with an emoticon?
Are you ok?

I dont understand what your talking about....Did you take your meds this morn?? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Vegas in 90 days?
Pulled over for Illegal Tints???
Repossed? what the hell your talking about?

Repairs??- What repairs

Last edited by Gondon; 02-16-2008 at 01:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tints