Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...235556787&rd=1

Wish me luck!

Mark
Old 03-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 S500, 02 Volvo C70, 96 Royalstar
Nice car. I hope you get what you're wanting for it. It may be a stretch to get your "buy it now" on ebay.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 S430
Originally Posted by sledge1100
Nice car. I hope you get what you're wanting for it. It may be a stretch to get your "buy it now" on ebay.
I know..........
I just lowered it to $24,999.00 with CPO until Sept 17, 2009!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mark_K; 03-21-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

S
CPO is the good part haha
Old 03-21-2008, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mark_K
Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...235556787&rd=1

Wish me luck!

Mark
Are you really selling this because of the AirMatic issue, and your wife will not drive it? and if so why?
Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 PM

MB
Good luck with the sale!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:18 AM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Call me crazy but I thought CPO warrantees were not transferable?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:55 AM

2002 S430
Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
Call me crazy but I thought CPO warrantees were not transferable?
It's the warranty I bought thru MB when I bought the car from the MB dealer.
I paid 3,000 for the warranty. I thought it was called CPO?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:58 AM

2002 S430
Originally Posted by rccmerc
Are you really selling this because of the AirMatic issue, and your wife will not drive it? and if so why?

It's either I sell the car or get a devorce ....you do the match......
We have four cars in the family and only two of us are driving. I never drive the s430.

VW convertable
Range Rover
Ford F250 truck
S430

My wif is a little ..... you know the game.......
Old 03-22-2008, 07:58 AM

2002 S430
Originally Posted by Ickey
Good luck with the sale!
Thanks!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
It's the warranty I bought thru MB when I bought the car from the MB dealer.
I paid 3,000 for the warranty. I thought it was called CPO?
CPO warranties from the dealer and not transferable. You paid 3K for 3rd party warranty which is not transferable either. However, you can cancel the third party and get a prorated refund. Hopefully they allow it, I think its the law that they must. This will get your money back, and you can lower the price of you car to boost the sale. Honestly, its about 4K from being a good deal. 5 or 6 makes it SWEET. but that's my opinion based on what I've seen them selling for.

It's a very nice car though good luck.....
Old 03-22-2008, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
It's either I sell the car or get a devorce ....you do the match......
It should be an easy choice, the wife has to go, of course
Old 03-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
all ik now is that if the CPO warranty is from MB then it is transferrable, only if it is a private transaction. If another dealer were selling the car it would void the warranty.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by IluvS500
all ik now is that if the CPO warranty is from MB then it is transferrable, only if it is a private transaction. If another dealer were selling the car it would void the warranty.
ONLY IF IT IS TRADED OR OTHERWISE SOLD TO ANOTHER BENZ DEALER.
Which means in fact CPO's are not transferrable yes? If I sold my CPO car to a person and they needed it servced, they would be SOL because CPO programs are dealer specific.
If I traded my CPO car in to a NON benz dealer, then the CPO is also worthless.

So, the extra free year, and up to 100K ( which is the extent of CPO ) in not really worth anything if I've had the car close to a year because it's over anywayz.. Unless the car is still within the factory warranty period then you have something to bank on.

And if thats the case.. then the factory warranty expires when it expires regardless to how many owners there were.

Dealers often and conveniently confuse people by offering a CPO on a car that is still under factory warranty.

I have purchased and sold both ways.. I've bought MB cars that were not CPO but sold from NON mercedes dealers and gotten them taken care of under warranty because the car was still under factory warranty.

Then I've sold cars that I bought From MB dealers that were CPO just to find out later from the new owner that the car was not covered under CPO, but luckly it had factory remaining..

The hidden agenda here is that Mercedes and it's affiliate dealers would rather you turn your car back in to them for recycling and buy another Benz than have you go to the Ford dealer and trade it for a truck and they have to either accept or reject a buy-bid from another dealer.

That's the whole concept of CPO which is nothing more than a marketing joke.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:09 AM

2002 S430
Transferability

"if you transfer or sell your vehicle to a Private Party Purchaser, the remaining benefits under the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre=Owned Extended Limited Warrany can be transfered to the new owner except those benefits listed under cncellation policies that follow, as applicable in the state in which you are a resident. If the vehicle is sold to a Dealer or other vehicle reseller, the ELW terminates. To complete this trnafer:

Provide the MB service booklet and the MB CPO Extended Limited Warrenty booklet for the vehicle to the Private Part Purchaser.

Complete and send to MBUSA the "Notice of Address Change or change of Ownership" card in the centerfold of the service and warrant booklet.

Cancellation Policy

If for any reason you terminate your MB CPO prior to the scheduled experation date, MBUSA will not pay you or lienholder or lessor a refund for the remaining portion of the agreement.

By the way I paid $3,9995.00 for this &^%$#ing warranty!
It was my own fault for being stupid. Lessons learned........
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 AM

2002 S430
Originally Posted by my06clk
CPO warranties from the dealer and not transferable. You paid 3K for 3rd party warranty which is not transferable either. However, you can cancel the third party and get a prorated refund. Hopefully they allow it, I think its the law that they must. This will get your money back, and you can lower the price of you car to boost the sale. Honestly, its about 4K from being a good deal. 5 or 6 makes it SWEET. but that's my opinion based on what I've seen them selling for.

It's a very nice car though good luck.....
I have a low reserve on the car.......
Old 03-23-2008, 08:16 AM

2002 S430
ONLY IF IT IS TRADED OR OTHERWISE SOLD TO ANOTHER BENZ DEALER.
Which means in fact CPO's are not transferrable yes? If I sold my CPO car to a person and they needed it servced, they would be SOL because CPO programs are dealer specific.
If I traded my CPO car in to a NON benz dealer, then the CPO is also worthless.

So, the extra free year, and up to 100K ( which is the extent of CPO ) in not really worth anything if I've had the car close to a year because it's over anywayz.. Unless the car is still within the factory warranty period then you have something to bank on.

And if thats the case.. then the factory warranty expires when it expires regardless to how many owners there were.

Dealers often and conveniently confuse people by offering a CPO on a car that is still under factory warranty.

I have purchased and sold both ways.. I've bought MB cars that were not CPO but sold from NON mercedes dealers and gotten them taken care of under warranty because the car was still under factory warranty.

Then I've sold cars that I bought From MB dealers that were CPO just to find out later from the new owner that the car was not covered under CPO, but luckly it had factory remaining..

The hidden agenda here is that Mercedes and it's affiliate dealers would rather you turn your car back in to them for recycling and buy another Benz than have you go to the Ford dealer and trade it for a truck and they have to either accept or reject a buy-bid from another dealer.

That's the whole concept of CPO which is nothing more than a marketing joke.

Well it was not covered by CPO becuse CPO dose not start until after the factory warrany ends.

And you sold cars?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well it was not covered by CPO becuse CPO dose not start until after the factory warrany ends.

And you sold cars?
Not as a dealer or anything but umm yes....

Are we talking about the same thing?? I'm not sure why you responded that way.. but I'm guessing we are talking about different things here

I see you actually paid for an Extended warranty.. Hence my comment about the confusion with what the dealers say.... ALL Starmarked cars are covered for and extra year or to 100K miles.. This is waaaayy different from the extended warranty you purchased so yes we are not talking about the same thing..

A CPO car and a car with a PURCHASED Extended warranty are two diffent things.. I can get a non CPO car and go to Mercury or anywhere else and buy an extended warranty. That doesn't make my car a CPO.

At the same time I buy a CPO car from the dealer and elect not to pay for the Extended warranty, my car is still Certified Pre Owned, so I gt the little extra "free" protection from the dealer.

Too bad your warranty is not refundable.. that's bad news and kind of a rip off.... Normally extended warranties are refunded on a prorated basis because you only use a portion of what you you actually paid for in advance.

This is all jibber jabber at this point so I'll get out of this conversation but I just wanted to point out the HUGE difference between having an extended warranty that was purchased as in your case, and just buying a certified car and reselling it privately.

I feel sorry for you that you blew that $$ I was sure you could get it refunded.. that sucks...
Old 03-24-2008, 08:00 AM

2002 S430
Not as a dealer or anything but umm yes....

Are we talking about the same thing?? I'm not sure why you responded that way.. but I'm guessing we are talking about different things here

I see you actually paid for an Extended warranty.. Hence my comment about the confusion with what the dealers say.... ALL Starmarked cars are covered for and extra year or to 100K miles.. This is waaaayy different from the extended warranty you purchased so yes we are not talking about the same thing..

A CPO car and a car with a PURCHASED Extended warranty are two diffent things.. I can get a non CPO car and go to Mercury or anywhere else and buy an extended warranty. That doesn't make my car a CPO.

At the same time I buy a CPO car from the dealer and elect not to pay for the Extended warranty, my car is still Certified Pre Owned, so I gt the little extra "free" protection from the dealer.

Too bad your warranty is not refundable.. that's bad news and kind of a rip off.... Normally extended warranties are refunded on a prorated basis because you only use a portion of what you you actually paid for in advance.

This is all jibber jabber at this point so I'll get out of this conversation but I just wanted to point out the HUGE difference between having an extended warranty that was purchased as in your case, and just buying a certified car and reselling it privately.

I feel sorry for you that you blew that $$ I was sure you could get it refunded.. that sucks...
Yes you are correct. I'm sorry.
My car is a CPO. I bought it Sept 06. The CPO was good until Sept 07. My two year extended warranty is good for two years after the CPO ends. So, it is coverd under the Extended Warranty until Sept 09. It is not refundable however it is transferable to a private buyer.

Thanks for your input!