S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Veloce Performance kicks ass!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S-600
Veloce Performance kicks ***!!

Had an opportunity to meet Dino last week when he came to NY on a buisness trip.. During that time he reflashed the ECU on my S600 to give it some "pep". Boy did I get what I paid for!!

I entered my car in a local dyno competition on Saturday just because it was $20 to get 2 Dyno pulls and the prize for highest HP was an HKS EVC electronic boost controller.. I said hey lets see how this new reflash is working.. My car was the 4th one on at 12pm and it layed down 470rwhp and 570 ft/lbs of torque on a Mustang Dynamometer (they are the lowest reading dynos) Everyone's jaw dropped when they saw the torque reading go off the charts (max power was set for 500 lol) By 6:30pm the only car closest was a 2007 Corvette C6 that layed down 374rwhp.. Dyno competition was over at 7 and im like YES i have a $500 boost controller in the bag.. Then of course last minute some numbnut calls in a single turbo Supra to upset me.. Schmuck lays down 682whp and 540ft/lbs of torque and takes home the EBC..

The best part of the day was when we had the Benz on the dyno it was so quiet we didnt even know they were making a pull until we saw the RPMs start climbing (enclosed, soundproofed dyno cell with a flat screen outside to show the readings) whereas the Supra practically blew our eardrums off and melted the coating on the floor of the dyno from his wastegate dump.. LoL NO ONE could believe that boat could make that kind of power and be so quiet

All in all i have to give a HUGE to Veloce Performance.. The torque and HP curves are so friggin smooth that you know they got this tune "down cold" as Dino put it and this thing drives factory stock.. LoL Ill post the dyno sheet once I scan it. Looks like im up for a TCU mod next!!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
So how much did you gain?

S600 Bi-Turbo is awsome for modding
Old 04-14-2008, 01:54 PM

2000 S430
awesome!!! "fast with class"
Old 04-14-2008, 06:12 PM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by Gondon
So how much did you gain?

S600 Bi-Turbo is awsome for modding

Honestly I never dynoed the car before the flash so I dont know an exact number.. But if you multiply the drivetrain loss at 20% I would end up with close to 570 crank HP and 680ft/lbs.. Thats roughly 80hp and 90ft/lb over stock. Again this is on a Mustang Dyno which is the lowest reading dyno out there..
Old 04-14-2008, 11:50 PM

2003 S600 ; 1999 E55 (sold)
Awesome #s!

Nice post...truly incredible increase in performance. You should have qualified for the prize on basis of top torque

I thought Veloce didnt do the TCU...I talked to them a few months back...maybe things have changed.

I went with SpeedTuning for my ECU/TCU, def. a big boost but might wait until the $20 dyno to get the results!!!
Aaron
Old 04-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Almost a Member!

01 S500, 02 Volvo C70, 96 Royalstar
Wow!

Very nice numbers.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 PM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by abenner5
Nice post...truly incredible increase in performance. You should have qualified for the prize on basis of top torque

I thought Veloce didnt do the TCU...I talked to them a few months back...maybe things have changed.

I went with SpeedTuning for my ECU/TCU, def. a big boost but might wait until the $20 dyno to get the results!!!
Aaron
Funny you mention that because the owners of the shop told me next year they may just do that.. They could not believe how much torque the car put out.. LoL

Apparently Veloce does TCU's as Dino was trying to convince me to do it.. LoL Im a little skeptical as Ive heard the horror stories of burnt trannies..
Old 04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Dennis:

It was great meeting you and your friends last week. As well as seeing the big grin on your face when we came back from the initial test drive.

That NYC trip was great. I really got to put faces to all the great people we have met on line and by phone..... as well as got to see lots of smiles! I am going to try to schedule a number of these trips over the next few months. Especially over the summer, when AZ turns into an inferno! What a good excuse to get out! So, if there are any guys out there that wouldn't mind a 'house call', PM me.

The 600s turn into torque monsters! I love them. They are so entertaining to drive.

I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations and improve the fun factor of your car... that's what it's all about. Now it's time for some brakes and a TCU! Did you ever take that picture?
Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 AM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Dennis:

It was great meeting you and your friends last week. As well as seeing the big grin on your face when we came back from the initial test drive.

That NYC trip was great. I really got to put faces to all the great people we have met on line and by phone..... as well as got to see lots of smiles! I am going to try to schedule a number of these trips over the next few months. Especially over the summer, when AZ turns into an inferno! What a good excuse to get out! So, if there are any guys out there that wouldn't mind a 'house call', PM me.

The 600s turn into torque monsters! I love them. They are so entertaining to drive.

I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations and improve the fun factor of your car... that's what it's all about. Now it's time for some brakes and a TCU! Did you ever take that picture?
Ill be on the TCU and brakes as soon as I can afford it It looks like im going to the track on Friday too so ill have real world street tire numbers on the car now finally..

Its been crappy this last week and Ive been quite busy but I will have that picture for you by Friday. I promise.. LoL Once again thanks for everything dude..
Old 04-18-2008, 01:43 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
SL63 (R230), CL500 (C215), SL55 (R129), CE300-24 Cabrio (A124)
Originally Posted by Kwik SC
Had an opportunity to meet Dino last week when he came to NY on a buisness trip.. During that time he reflashed the ECU on my S600 to give it some "pep". Boy did I get what I paid for!!

I entered my car in a local dyno competition on Saturday just because it was $20 to get 2 Dyno pulls and the prize for highest HP was an HKS EVC electronic boost controller.. I said hey lets see how this new reflash is working.. My car was the 4th one on at 12pm and it layed down 470rwhp and 570 ft/lbs of torque on a Mustang Dynamometer (they are the lowest reading dynos) Everyone's jaw dropped when they saw the torque reading go off the charts (max power was set for 500 lol) By 6:30pm the only car closest was a 2007 Corvette C6 that layed down 374rwhp.. Dyno competition was over at 7 and im like YES i have a $500 boost controller in the bag.. Then of course last minute some numbnut calls in a single turbo Supra to upset me.. Schmuck lays down 682whp and 540ft/lbs of torque and takes home the EBC..

The best part of the day was when we had the Benz on the dyno it was so quiet we didnt even know they were making a pull until we saw the RPMs start climbing (enclosed, soundproofed dyno cell with a flat screen outside to show the readings) whereas the Supra practically blew our eardrums off and melted the coating on the floor of the dyno from his wastegate dump.. LoL NO ONE could believe that boat could make that kind of power and be so quiet

All in all i have to give a HUGE to Veloce Performance.. The torque and HP curves are so friggin smooth that you know they got this tune "down cold" as Dino put it and this thing drives factory stock.. LoL Ill post the dyno sheet once I scan it. Looks like im up for a TCU mod next!!
Great idea.

The torque of the engine was limited because otherwise the tranny would not stand it for long. But you professionals certainly have rebuild and reinforced the tranny as well, dont you ?

Have fun as long as it lasts

Cheers, Frank
Old 04-18-2008, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by Frank_S500
Great idea.

The torque of the engine was limited because otherwise the tranny would not stand it for long. But you professionals certainly have rebuild and reinforced the tranny as well, dont you ?

Have fun as long as it lasts

Cheers, Frank
Frank:

I understand your concerns, but my software guys dial in the torque of the engine to stay safe, and mate it to our new TCU settings. So far, nobody has reported any issues with their gearboxes.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Kwik SC
My car was the 4th one on at 12pm and it layed down 470rwhp and 570 ft/lbs of torque on a Mustang Dynamometer (they are the lowest reading dynos) Everyone's jaw dropped when they saw the torque reading go off the charts
The Mutang Dyno is integral here, E55Jay, didn't realize you were quoting uncorrected Mustang number

You're not 100 hp & 100 torque off... only 11 rwhp off of his, the torque reading you didn't post --660 rwto-- (you said operator dismissed it as an error, could be true? but your low trap is odd..

Originally Posted by E55JAY
As you can see it was conducted on a Mustang Dyno and made 481rwhp 658rwtq uncorrected and it corrected to 517.5rwhp 708.1rwtq
What he wrote here below, I think he didn't undertand you were using a Mustang Dyno...

Originally Posted by E55JAY
650+ at the wheels and some 600's make 700+, then you have yourself a monster! You should be trapping at the bare minimum 118+

Last edited by Thericker; 05-02-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=IngenereAMG;2768618]Dennis:

Please let me know the next time you'll be in NY.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Jays_Z;2828493]
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Dennis:

Please let me know the next time you'll be in NY.
Jay_Z:

This time of year all it takes to get us out of AZ for a road trip is 3-4 guys who get together for some tuning!

.... and we are on the next plane! It's a balmy 105 today!