S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S600 resonator delete?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S600 ; 1999 E55 (sold)
S600 resonator delete?

Has anyone done the resonator delete mod on an S600?

I know Oxygen or Lorinzer (can't remember which...sorry) did it on an S500 and uploaded the video, which was very cool...

A friend of mine is saying I will lose torque if I do it - that the presence of a turbo (eg s500 vs s600) changes things dramatically.

Am also interested in how the sound quality will change - S600 is almost too quiet, but don't want to go to loud droning by making this mod.

Saw 1 video of an SL600 but that configuration is louder to begin with, so looking for apples vs apples...

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned

2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
if i was you i would i do an exhaust by Maganflow if you want an incredible sounding car.

you would have to get a 2 universal mufflers from them since they dont make there mufflers system for our car yet.. but it is worth it.

No need to spend money on renntech, brabus or eisnhaus becasuse they dont even come close to the great sound of the magnaflows.

i know because me and my friends have tried all of them.

My s500 sounds better then any 600 or 55amg car.

When i start the car the sound is nice and it makes a gurggling sound which is freakin Awesome!!. Plus normal driving is great with very minimal drone and since i live in NYC going through tunnels or underpasses makes traffic all the easier for me now lol thanks to that incredible engine sound.

and one more thing... i got a bunch of other mods done to the engine besides the exhaust that also attributes to the sound
Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 PM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1
if i was you i would i do an exhaust by Maganflow if you want an incredible sounding car.

you would have to get a 2 universal mufflers from them since they dont make there mufflers system for our car yet.. but it is worth it.

No need to spend money on renntech, brabus or eisnhaus becasuse they dont even come close to the great sound of the magnaflows.

i know because me and my friends have tried all of them.

My s500 sounds better then any 600 or 55amg car.

When i start the car the sound is nice and it makes a gurggling sound which is freakin Awesome!!. Plus normal driving is great with very minimal drone and since i live in NYC going through tunnels or underpasses makes traffic all the easier for me now lol thanks to that incredible engine sound.

and one more thing... i got a bunch of other mods done to the engine besides the exhaust that also attributes to the sound
Like?

Abenner dont do it man!! The 600 is one of those rare cars that you need to go fast with class.. A silent but deadly kind of deal.. I thought about it myself and the only thing I would do is delete the cats just to free up.. But then again I wish to pass inspection..
Old 04-16-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
Even though it was expensive...I used the Eisenmann rear mufflers instead of the factory rear mufflers. The V-12 cars sound too raspy for me if the resonators are entirely deleted. My car now still sounds quiet but at least it has some sound that the factory system did not have.