Need the chrome trim piece from the air vent controls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 and 550+ HP GTO
Need the chrome trim piece from the air vent controls

It's not really chrome, just shiny plastic, but it's the trim piece on the slider that allows you to control the vent air flow direction. Had one break on one end. Can you get that as a separate piece or does the whole vent assembly have to be purchased?

Second AC question, checked the manuals and I don't see anyway to set both AC temps to the drivers side automatically. Is there a way to do this, or did this just come later? Also, the red and blue temp control arrows on the passenger side no longer light up. They'd gone out once before and I tapped the switch and they came back on. That solution doesn't work now - any way to get in behind that panel and check for loose or disconnected wiring?

Any help appreciated,

Magnified
Old 04-25-2008, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S600 ; 1999 E55 (sold)
What year is your S500?

I have the exact same problem with the trim slider piece on the left hand vent (the one that fires right into the driver's face unfortunately!

Mine broke off - Sunil indicated you have to replace the entire vent plastic portion, runs around $140 for the part. Being cheap, I decided to point it towards me with a screwdriver and let it be

Let me know if you find out anything different. I do not know of a way to auto-set the two temp controls either, that would be slick! Since most of these cars are always driven w/1 person in them, seems a non-necessary feature most of the time...