S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Air suspension question (yes, another one)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008 | 11:50 AM
Almost a Member!

S500 and 550+ HP GTO
Air suspension question (yes, another one)

Greetings fellow S-heads...

If the car has sat in the driveway for a few hours, I can go out and get in it and the suspension will come up a little when I sit down (doing the auto leveling I believe) without starting the engine. It'll do the same if I start the engine as well. It's never much, maybe a 1/4 inch or so. Is that normal, or do you think it is indicative of a slow leak? I do not hear the suspension pump running (it's quiet I guess) and can't tell if its trying to burn itself out.

BTW - the problem with I previously mentioned with the drivers side window not wanting to roll up all the way (because of the pinching issue apparently) has seemingly fixed itself. However, I have been parking in a shaded part of the parking garage lately as opposed to the top level and sunlight. I'm wondering if the heat somehow exacerbates the pinching problem? Anyway, thought I'd toss that out to those of you who have had similar problems in the past.

Thanks again all,

Larry
Old 05-16-2008 | 04:12 PM

S320
Thats a good question actualy.
I never asked myself about it :p

Hope we'll get some MB's pro answer
Old 05-16-2008 | 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Magnified
Greetings fellow S-heads...
BTW - the problem with I previously mentioned with the drivers side window not wanting to roll up all the way (because of the pinching issue apparently) has seemingly fixed itself. However, I have been parking in a shaded part of the parking garage lately as opposed to the top level and sunlight. I'm wondering if the heat somehow exacerbates the pinching problem? Anyway, thought I'd toss that out to those of you who have had similar problems in the past.
That's certainly possible. The metal channel liner would expand much more than the glass, reducing the clearance. It sounds like the real fix is to have it adjusted/lubricated at your next service.