S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

rust problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb s430
rust problem

I bought a 2001 S430 15 months ago and now it has rust on the bottom of all doors. I went to local dealer and they said it was up to MBUSA. MBUSA said it was up to the local dealer. Has anyone identified the key to getting MB to pay for this repair?
Old 06-07-2008, 05:19 PM

2002 S430 Sport Pkg
I had a similar situation MBusa was of little help, they basically told there was nothing they could do and that the campaign they had for the problem was over. I took the car to my local dealer and spoke with the service manager. He told me he would look into the situation, the next day I get a ohone call telling me that MBgermany has approved the repair and was going to pay the bill. The best advice I can give is do a forum search and you can get all the details of my situation and others on the forum. I did get another phone call from another individual at MBUSA about the sam day I was getting my car back from the shop, this person was calling to see what MBUSA could do to help me. I infromed here that my situation was handled through Germany and proceeded to tell her that I was amused that I received better service from Germany than from the US counterpart.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:20 AM

mb s430
rust problem

Thanks for your help. Did you buy the MB from the dealer who worked with Germany to resolve the problem? What was the key to success? I bought my MB from a local Lexis dealer and not a MB dealer. I went to 2 local MB dealers and both said that MB does not cover the repairs.

How much did MB germany help - did they pay for everthing?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:58 AM

2002 S430 Sport Pkg
I bought bought mine from a european car dealer but he was selling and leasing new import luxury cars. Mb Germany paid for everything. I had a good case because my car was 5 yrs old at the time and I have low mileage. When they tried th well it is 5 yrs old I told them the car is a garage queen and pointed out the low miles and informed that the car had only seen rain a few times and is garaged during the winter.