Old 08-25-2009, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 S430 4matic
its in glove box on the left side
Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL55 AMG
mini plug type

I have a 2004 sl55 with the aux input in the glove box. Plugged in my iTouch with the mini plug with 2 different mini plugs, one with 1 and another with 2 black stripes but when the plug is all the way in I only get sound from one side. If I jiggle it out a bit, both L and R channels play. What is the name of the mini plug that will push securely all the way in and give me stereo?
Old 05-19-2016, 12:12 PM

W220
Aux input

I have a 2004 mercedes s320 cdi. There are Aux inputs but you need to get to them via the boot. From there you may have to remove bits of the boot liner (left panel where the CD changer satnav dvd is) to get easy access. Otherwise you'll have to do itby feel via the hatch that gives access to that sidesrear light. I found if you pop your mobile phone camera in there and take a quick snap with flash you'll be able to see where everything is! There are two sets of composite jacks there, yellow, red and white. The latter two for audio left and right channels and the yellow one for video. You can attach leads to those and either figure a way to thread them through to the inside of the car or just have them loose in the boot. Having them in the boot may be useless if you plan on plugging your phone or ipod direct. I however, use a Bluetooth reciever that connects directly with via it's 3.5mm phono jack and Bluetooth my music from my phone to that. Also I have an android box that I can play video through either via video stored on sd card or enabling wifi via wifi hotspot if I want to stream video. This also can store music too. I. Select Audio and then the aux for music and Video and then aux for my android box. I tend to run the android box via a mobile phone battery charger rather than connect it to car mains. It's only 5v dc to run and a usb lead with a 5v jack from my phone external battery charger/brick seems enough to keep it going for hours.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by 888s
I have a 2004 mercedes s320 cdi. There are Aux inputs but you need to get to them via the boot. From there you may have to remove bits of the boot liner (left panel where the CD changer satnav dvd is) to get easy access. Otherwise you'll have to do itby feel via the hatch that gives access to that sidesrear light. I found if you pop your mobile phone camera in there and take a quick snap with flash you'll be able to see where everything is! There are two sets of composite jacks there, yellow, red and white. The latter two for audio left and right channels and the yellow one for video. You can attach leads to those and either figure a way to thread them through to the inside of the car or just have them loose in the boot. Having them in the boot may be useless if you plan on plugging your phone or ipod direct. I however, use a Bluetooth reciever that connects directly with via it's 3.5mm phono jack and Bluetooth my music from my phone to that. Also I have an android box that I can play video through either via video stored on sd card or enabling wifi via wifi hotspot if I want to stream video. This also can store music too. I. Select Audio and then the aux for music and Video and then aux for my android box. I tend to run the android box via a mobile phone battery charger rather than connect it to car mains. It's only 5v dc to run and a usb lead with a 5v jack from my phone external battery charger/brick seems enough to keep it going for hours.
888s I assume your car is not a USA model . Only other countries had the option for tv and video . The USA cars did not
Old 04-21-2017, 06:25 PM

2005 S500
Originally Posted by Oxygen
Really miss having this feature... I tried several FM transmitters and they are absolutely terrible...
I have the 05 S500 with the CD drive, no cassette player. I am willing to DIY an aux input via soldering onto the board. My Sat and CD inputs are inactive so my question is can I use one of those inputs for AUX? Anyone have pics or writeup on soldering steps? Many thanks.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:28 PM

S55 AmG
Where is this jack? I have the same year 2003 and I can’t seem to find. Any photos?

Originally Posted by ibeforreal
It is true that the only the 2003 has the AUX jack input. I use mined to play my iPOD via the command center. However, the only steering wheel controls that works with the ipod is the volume and the songs don't display on the nav screen. Other than that the sound is good.. However, there is nothing to charge the ipod and once the car cuts off the ipod is still running.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 404 Likes on 348 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
On 2003 W220 USA models, there is a very inconspicuous jack in the center of the left wall inside the glove box. To use it, you have to access the SVC (Services) menue on the COMMAND unit.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:32 PM

S55 AmG
Found it!

Thanks a million! I found it!
Old 01-11-2019, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S55 AMG
I disagree that only 2003 models have the Aux In.
My '05 has both an Aux Input and a USB plug in the glovebox. To select the Aux In, I have to go into the CD changer menu to activate it.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by Hubbard 0
I disagree that only 2003 models have the Aux In.
My '05 has both an Aux Input and a USB plug in the glovebox. To select the Aux In, I have to go into the CD changer menu to activate it.
Then someone had added a Mercedes Media Interface (sometimes called an iPod interface). The car was not originally equipped that way, stock.