S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Sad day foe me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S500
Unhappy Sad day foe me

(And i did do a search...guess I need to vent/tell someone who can relate to this...lol)

Riding in the city (chicago) the other day and out of the blue (or should i say red) the "stop, car too low" message popped up...well my night is F'd up! Well the next morning I get out there to narrow it down. I looked at the car and my rear is lower then the front Now I did just get my control arms on both sides replaced and the front looked slightly low, so I was going to get the ride height looked at. Switched the "O and N" relays to see if that was it (still going to get a new one and a replacement)...nothing...checked the F9 and F32 fuse...both good....so I guess im leaning towards the pump is bad...but im thinking
why did it go bad in the first place?" I never heard the pump going after I cut the car off....but sometimes I'll hear a little "puff" or "hiss" of air from the pump (front drivers side of the car). If theres anything else I should look at, please let me know.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cjones500
(And i did do a search...guess I need to vent/tell someone who can relate to this...lol)

Riding in the city (chicago) the other day and out of the blue (or should i say red) the "stop, car too low" message popped up...well my night is F'd up! Well the next morning I get out there to narrow it down. I looked at the car and my rear is lower then the front Now I did just get my control arms on both sides replaced and the front looked slightly low, so I was going to get the ride height looked at. Switched the "O and N" relays to see if that was it (still going to get a new one and a replacement)...nothing...checked the F9 and F32 fuse...both good....so I guess im leaning towards the pump is bad...but im thinking
why did it go bad in the first place?" I never heard the pump going after I cut the car off....but sometimes I'll hear a little "puff" or "hiss" of air from the pump (front drivers side of the car). If theres anything else I should look at, please let me know.
You might have a leak in the system. If it's just a leak you can get a repair kit to fix the leak. My sugestion is if you are not familiar with the system, dont mess with it as this is usually the first stage of a very bad repair bill if you keep running the system. Take it in as soon as possible as it tends to take the pump and the rest of the system with it if you keep driving or messing with it.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:23 PM

2000 S500
Originally Posted by kenstudios
You might have a leak in the system. If it's just a leak you can get a repair kit to fix the leak. My sugestion is if you are not familiar with the system, dont mess with it as this is usually the first stage of a very bad repair bill if you keep running the system. Take it in as soon as possible as it tends to take the pump and the rest of the system with it if you keep driving or messing with it.
Theres nothing to mess up...its looking like a lowrider right about now. Pump will not work at all..
Old 07-21-2008, 11:51 AM

2000 S500
Well I took my car to the shop this morning....will keep the board posted on the outcome and the price.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 PM

2000 S500
Originally Posted by cjones500
Well I took my car to the shop this morning....will keep the board posted on the outcome and the price.
Ok..just got back from Memphis and able to post.

When I had my upper control arm's replaced, they didnt put the ride height sensors back on right. I knew I had to get the ride height done anyway, but my car pancaked on me b4 I could get to my appointment date. Me thinking my pump just went out on me, found out through my MB person that the ride sensors wasnt put on right, which made my pump "think" my car was low making my pump work overtime. Long story short, I went to the place that did my comtrol arms...got into a lil something with them, but in the end they paid for my repairs.

Last edited by cjones500; 07-29-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Almost a Member!

s500
I just was at the shop and my drivers side air bag was completely blown out. so needless to say it is going to run me $2700. I will be changing both struts and the price reflects that. Is that a good price?