MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W220) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220-16/)
-   -   straight pipes! (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/259157-straight-pipes.html)

Quadcammer 09-06-2008 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by westcoast5 (Post 3036510)
well oliverK to each his own I have freinds who own porsches and will never touch a thing that the factory did include on there, and then I have freinds who will take it apart the minute they get it. In my opinon if everything was the same this world would be bland.

thats fine.

But as I said earlier, if everyone just said "if you like it, thats cool", this site would be bland.

shaw01 09-06-2008 11:56 AM

As for hating, Im not sure why you would think that. Im giving my opinion, which is based upon the aforementioned statement. I guess you could say that I hate the ricey, cheesy, and trashy modifications people do to staid, mercedes sedans, but at least im consistent in that.[/QUOTE]

Um, third party .. objective opinion .. you're a serious hater and you're hijacking this guys thread when he comes in to talk about something he's done to his car that he's excited about .. you've turned it into a "one should not do this to these luxurious moving mansions" thread ..

I myself am not that into mods, but I do love some of them I've seen and hate others .. so what? Why should a person who buys a certain kind of car need to conform to your miopic view of how to mod it?

A simple "I'm not feeling it" would have sufficed, instead your hateraid is spread through the thread of a guy who was trying to pass on what he felt was happy news to a forum who (aside from you) all seem to be happy for him.

Good job. Perhaps next time you can start your OWN thread on how to properly modify (or not touch) a mercedes .. as for this one, I think it sounds cool and I'd like to see pics if you have them 4matic

Did you modify the bumper? How much did it cost? Good job!

qriousrich 09-06-2008 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by shaw01 (Post 3036759)
As for hating, Im not sure why you would think that. Im giving my opinion, which is based upon the aforementioned statement. I guess you could say that I hate the ricey, cheesy, and trashy modifications people do to staid, mercedes sedans, but at least im consistent in that.

Um, third party .. objective opinion .. you're a serious hater and you're hijacking this guys thread when he comes in to talk about something he's done to his car that he's excited about .. you've turned it into a "one should not do this to these luxurious moving mansions" thread ..

I myself am not that into mods, but I do love some of them I've seen and hate others .. so what? Why should a person who buys a certain kind of car need to conform to your miopic view of how to mod it?

A simple "I'm not feeling it" would have sufficed, instead your hateraid is spread through the thread of a guy who was trying to pass on what he felt was happy news to a forum who (aside from you) all seem to be happy for him.

Good job. Perhaps next time you can start your OWN thread on how to properly modify (or not touch) a mercedes .. as for this one, I think it sounds cool and I'd like to see pics if you have them 4matic

Did you modify the bumper? How much did it cost? Good job![/quote]

Quadcammer 09-06-2008 12:31 PM

Given the wheels in your sig, your viewpoint doesn't surprise me.

AsianML 09-06-2008 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Oliverk (Post 3036817)

All he did was put a thumbs up on shaw01's post. You really are an ass.

02S430 09-06-2008 04:37 PM

how would putting AMG quad exhuast sound on a 430? would it be throaty?

qriousrich 09-07-2008 01:25 AM

HATER. Newsflash its just a car. You cherish it like its a living species or something. Oliver, if your boyfriend takes it out on you all the time. Why must you have anger and animosity all over the forum? If you want, I'll talk to him and tell him that you want to be the dude sometimes too.

Let's see a picture of your ride so we can have our turn at you. If you can dish it then you should be able to take it.

RICH

newton22 09-07-2008 01:51 AM

You can always do what I did, leave the S-class relatively stock (with exception to cosmetic mods), and then buy a very moddable car (domestic muscle, or import) and go crazy there. :naughty:

My buddy told me he could hear my Camaro down the road several blocks away. I want it even louder. :D

S500 Man 09-07-2008 02:17 AM

ok i have made it a point, that oliver:smash::slap: is a hater, as far as the straight pipes, you have any sound clips id like to hear what you car sounds like.

S-Clusiv 09-07-2008 04:25 AM

Oliver, lock yourself in your pinnacle of Mercedes-Benz..and never come out. If Mercedes-Benz had the same view point as you, there'd be no AMG...especially S55's/65's and such. Hater. :)

Straight pipes would sound DAMN sexy, SOUND CLIPS PLEASE!!!

Modded S-Classes, unite. :zoom:

Quadcammer 09-07-2008 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by S-Clusiv (Post 3037903)
Oliver, lock yourself in your pinnacle of Mercedes-Benz..and never come out. If Mercedes-Benz had the same view point as you, there'd be no AMG...especially S55's/65's and such. Hater. :)

Straight pipes would sound DAMN sexy, SOUND CLIPS PLEASE!!!

Modded S-Classes, unite. :zoom:

actually, thats not true. AMG values performance while still inkeeping with the reserved mercedes image.

Notice how the S65 is quiet, and makes absolutely no fuss in the way it accelerates and looks. Aside from the wheels, you could easily confuse it for a sport package 500. It doesn't have gaudy grilles, wings, or body kits.

I think the S55 is ridiculously stupid. It ruins the S class and I have no interest in one.

AsianML 09-07-2008 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Oliverk (Post 3038065)
actually, thats not true. AMG values performance while still inkeeping with the reserved mercedes image.

Notice how the S65 is quiet, and makes absolutely no fuss in the way it accelerates and looks. Aside from the wheels, you could easily confuse it for a sport package 500. It doesn't have gaudy grilles, wings, or body kits.

I think the S55 is ridiculously stupid. It ruins the S class and I have no interest in one.

S65 is quiet? LOL

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4QUumR6p8

Gondon 09-07-2008 12:40 PM

S65 is lounder than the S55, what do you mean the S55 is stupid? its exactly the same as the 65 xcept black wheels(Cosmetic Wise).

westcoast5 09-07-2008 01:02 PM

:rolf: turn up the hearing aid the S65 is not quiet:rolf:

02S430 09-07-2008 03:44 PM

would putting the AMG quad exhuast sound on a s430 be throaty or should i do straight pipes n the mufflers

SSM AMG 09-07-2008 03:48 PM

So my car is stupid. HaHA good one.

westcoast5 09-07-2008 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 02S430 (Post 3038486)
would putting the AMG quad exhuast sound on a s430 be throaty or should i do straight pipes n the mufflers

it would be a little throaty but still quiet, I believe DTXMOB has them on his 430

S-Clusiv 09-07-2008 08:54 PM

wait so if the trim model above yours is stupid, where does that place you? Ignorance. :smash:

Quadcammer 09-08-2008 10:10 AM

lol, trying to make a boat into a sports car is stupid. If that was the stock exhaust on the s65, then that is stupid too.

The S55 is stupid, the S65 is stupid. The s500 and the S600 are perfectly in keeping with what a luxury sedan is supposed to be.

Price has nothing to do with it. If I wanted a 55 or even a 65, I would have bought one. But since they are so ridiculously pointless, I have no interest in them.

illmeth0d 09-08-2008 06:24 PM

brabus mono 3's ugly? this has to be sarcasm.

Great job on the straight pipes , do whatever you want with it , while I wouldn't do it myself , no progress or new things are found unless people try something out.

illmeth0d 09-08-2008 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 3038492)
So my car is stupid. HaHA good one.

Hey Shaun any pics online with the new grill installed. id like to check it out

4matic 09-08-2008 09:48 PM

guysss....how we doin? thanks to eveyone who showed support...im happy with my little mod and think it sounds pretty damn good...i dont have many other mods yet...just debadged and tints and the pipes...my next investment shall probably be some wheels, more than likely AMG's and the front bumper...I did mine for like 150? not even? just got the pipes, etc...had 'em layin around the shop anyways...so all i really had to pay for were the quad tips...just cut off behind the muffler then took out the welderrr...all in all it took me about 40minutes, and i was outta the shop....still so happy...other fellow benz brothers have pulled me over and asked me what i did, where they can get it done and the cost...and its only been a few days. sounds loud and much more aggressive, which is al i wanted to achieve...

as for Oliver...he is a hater and im glad i/we have addressed this and i hope it doesnt end here...actually i know it wont haha...

but i will try and get a sound clip up as well as some pics as soooon as i can...any ideas about the front bumper tho...im about to do that before the wheels...and lookin to do it asap...where can i get it? cost, etc.

thanks so much guys!!!

:y

ssonss1 09-08-2008 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by 4matic (Post 3041440)
guysss....how we doin? thanks to eveyone who showed support...im happy with my little mod and think it sounds pretty damn good...i dont have many other mods yet...just debadged and tints and the pipes...my next investment shall probably be some wheels, more than likely AMG's and the front bumper...I did mine for like 150? not even? just got the pipes, etc...had 'em layin around the shop anyways...so all i really had to pay for were the quad tips...just cut off behind the muffler then took out the welderrr...all in all it took me about 40minutes, and i was outta the shop....still so happy...other fellow benz brothers have pulled me over and asked me what i did, where they can get it done and the cost...and its only been a few days. sounds loud and much more aggressive, which is al i wanted to achieve...

as for Oliver...he is a hater and im glad i/we have addressed this and i hope it doesnt end here...actually i know it wont haha...

but i will try and get a sound clip up as well as some pics as soooon as i can...any ideas about the front bumper tho...im about to do that before the wheels...and lookin to do it asap...where can i get it? cost, etc.

thanks so much guys!!!

wow this olivers guys quite amusing lol.......anyways as said before ill say it again we need a sound clip!!:zoom: what type of tips did you use?...i really want to get quad tips on my s.....thanks:y

4matic 09-08-2008 10:09 PM

um to be honest i had them laying around the shop from a previous job we never used them for...guy ended up totaling the car 2 days before modding it for him:smash:...but they are basically AMG look a likes...should have probably got the AMG's but i couldnt tell the difference other than the fact that they didn't say AMG on the top...which would be nice to see...but oh well...they are stainless steel...paid a good amount for 'em way back when...make sure you grab some stainless steel ones tho...would suck to have to always replace em cause of rust and what not...anyone have suggestions as to where he can grab some??

ssonss1 09-08-2008 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by 4matic (Post 3041476)
um to be honest i had them laying around the shop from a previous job we never used them for...guy ended up totaling the car 2 days before modding it for him:smash:...but they are basically AMG look a likes...should have probably got the AMG's but i couldnt tell the difference other than the fact that they didn't say AMG on the top...which would be nice to see...but oh well...they are stainless steel...paid a good amount for 'em way back when...make sure you grab some stainless steel ones tho...would suck to have to always replace em cause of rust and what not...anyone have suggestions as to where he can grab some??

thanks for the help......now get them pics n clips up ASAP:y:zoom: