S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Part Number

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008 | 10:15 PM

2002 S430 Sport Pkg
Part Number

My cousin just purchased a used 2002 S class. He is looking for the Rubber seal that is between the mirror mount and door. When the mirror is folded it is the black rubber part that is easily visible. Also the inner wheel well shroud is loose and apparently missing screws. Would the screws be a available at the dealer? He is supposed to bring it to my house tomorrow night for me to see first hand.
Old 10-22-2008 | 01:56 PM

'03 CL600, '03 Caddy Escalade EXT,'72 Chevy Nova (Hot Rod)
This is the site I use:

www.mercedespartssuperstore.com
Old 10-24-2008 | 03:22 PM

SL500
Originally Posted by 2k2s430
My cousin just purchased a used 2002 S class. He is looking for the Rubber seal that is between the mirror mount and door. When the mirror is folded it is the black rubber part that is easily visible. Also the inner wheel well shroud is loose and apparently missing screws. Would the screws be a available at the dealer? He is supposed to bring it to my house tomorrow night for me to see first hand.
That gasket is part of the mirror assembly...
Old 10-24-2008 | 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by euromerc
That gasket is part of the mirror assembly...
No, gasket is not part of mirror assy. Dealer will say that but if he gives it a second look he will see a $7 gasket separate. I had this problem twice on my 2000 and as soon as I find those part numbers or my super old post about this I will give it.
Old 10-24-2008 | 09:46 PM

S350 2005
Originally Posted by BigE
This is the site I use:

www.mercedespartssuperstore.com
nice site bigE ! Thx...
Old 10-24-2008 | 09:57 PM

Here's my old post with dealer part numbers. Give the dealer these part numbers and he'll pull the parts for you. Less than $10

220-811-01-98 (left)
220-811-02-98 (right)

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...173&highlight=
Old 10-24-2008 | 10:36 PM

2002 S430 Sport Pkg
Well the part is available without having to purchase the whole mirror and assembly. Eventhough both my cousin and I were told by the same parts manager that the gasket was unavailable. My cousin actually went back to the same dealership and spoke with the same manager and when she searched the part number posted by Kenstudio in a older thread, all of sudden the parts were available. The price isn't bad at $4 a side. Thank you everyone for your help.
Old 10-28-2008 | 01:26 PM

2005 S500 4Matic
Originally Posted by 2k2s430
Well the part is available without having to purchase the whole mirror and assembly. Eventhough both my cousin and I were told by the same parts manager that the gasket was unavailable. My cousin actually went back to the same dealership and spoke with the same manager and when she searched the part number posted by Kenstudio in a older thread, all of sudden the parts were available. The price isn't bad at $4 a side. Thank you everyone for your help.
ummph. Why do we always have to educate the "professional people" behind the counter? Aren't they able to read their diagrams and find the appropriate part numbers? It's so stupid and frustrating to have to TELL THEM, what the part number is, they have to look for...
Old 10-28-2008 | 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by Dino I
ummph. Why do we always have to educate the "professional people" behind the counter? Aren't they able to read their diagrams and find the appropriate part numbers? It's so stupid and frustrating to have to TELL THEM, what the part number is, they have to look for...
That's just the half of it..many of them have no clue about advice they are giving on these cars either.

I'm lucky to have a good one near me.. but some of his co-workers...

Want to hear a good oxymoron? Service-Advisor..LOL
Old 10-28-2008 | 08:26 PM

2002 S430 Sport Pkg
The funny thing is I was at the dealership and mentioned that I had the part number and she told me that the part is no longer available period, and that the whole mirror assembly needs to be purchased. Wellmy cousin went in a second time and he asked her to run the part number and what do you know it is available and it retails for $4.00
Old 10-28-2008 | 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dino I
Exactly why we post on this forum. Remember, a $4 part is not bringing any $$$ to them and they would rather sell you the $600 mirror assy just for the sales figures. Also, when the tech searches his computer for the mirror seals, he sees the entire assembly and not the seals. Thats the info he will give you and if you dont know, you'll get taken. Happens all the time. It pays to be a DIY kinda guy.
Old 10-29-2008 | 09:28 AM

2005 S500 4Matic
Originally Posted by kenstudios
Exactly why we post on this forum. Remember, a $4 part is not bringing any $$$ to them and they would rather sell you the $600 mirror assy just for the sales figures. Also, when the tech searches his computer for the mirror seals, he sees the entire assembly and not the seals. Thats the info he will give you and if you dont know, you'll get taken. Happens all the time. It pays to be a DIY kinda guy.
Although I am currently living in the US, I am coming from (and will be returning to) Germany. Whenever I was ordering a part over there, the service person did some research on their computer, showing m the result on-screen (they normally see the whole assembly, together with its parts). My next question always is, which PARTS of that do we really need? Normally, I do get a satisfactory answer. Contrary to that, here in the US, it seems that they try to keep their knowledge and do some "magic work", after which the car is back to normal (and of course after some payment in astronomical height).

Ok, after some blah, blah, I do have a question, which is to some degree related to the OP's question.

Is there an aspherical mirror glass (auto dimming and heated) available in the US. I got used to it on my old W140 and now always get surprised by the immensely larger blind spot the stock mirrors generate. I do know that ebay may be a source, but I am hesitant, because of quality constraints.