S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Hit a curb and malfunction esp visit workshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s500
Hit a curb and malfunction esp visit workshop

Hey guy another day another problem. Today in a morning i was driving and we just got our first snow and when I was making a turn I hit a curb (front left side ) may be 20 mp/h my rim and broken not bent it is broken. I put a spare tire on and while I was driving "malfunction esp visit workshop" message came up. My Stearing wheel kind of laying toward left all the time and it is really wierd feeling to drive... any ideas?
Old 11-30-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
you have atleast buggered up your alignment. Most likely you have damaged your suspension a bit.

If you have non-stock rims, you may have a tire diameter that is larger or smaller than stock, and using the spare on one corner is throwing ESP off. You may have also screwed up a wheel sensor.

Long story short, you need to head to dealer or indie in the very near future.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:42 PM

s500
I have a stock rims... I was thinking that it is alignemtn for sure I have s500 4matic. I think if I would have suspension damaged I would have a message come up. ESP message coming up not all the time... ones in a while. I think I will go check with dealer on monday.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
well, keep in mind that your suspension is comprised of more than your air struts.

The control arms, knuckle, ball joints, and propeller shaft could all be damaged, and if you don't get it repaired, a misalignment could create problems.

Very hard to say without looking at the damage, but I hate to say that you could be looking at several thousand in damages.
Old 03-26-2022, 10:42 PM

05 W211 CDI
Originally Posted by sasha_khj
Hey guy another day another problem. Today in a morning i was driving and we just got our first snow and when I was making a turn I hit a curb (front left side ) may be 20 mp/h my rim and broken not bent it is broken. I put a spare tire on and while I was driving "malfunction esp visit workshop" message came up. My Stearing wheel kind of laying toward left all the time and it is really wierd feeling to drive... any ideas?
Same exact thing happen to me. I reworked the entire left rear suspension. But i have noticed that the tire squeals on the pavement slightly when banking. Also with an EPS Malfunction. I am trying to fix this issue DIY, but i need help.

Thanks.