value of m/b s430 4matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by gomdomin
im going to think about it but i want to change the one that i have something like the s550 amg
Yeah I don't think Mercedes makes that model.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
hey hey dont make make me jealous with that 600
Nothing to be jealous about... bought my car when it was 3 years old with CPO.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedez benz s430 4matic
Originally Posted by Oxygen
Yeah I don't think Mercedes makes that model.
amg package
Old 12-02-2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Oxygen
Nothing to be jealous about... bought my car when it was 3 years old with CPO.
yeah but u have a 600 which it has every option nine doesn't even have exxon light pretty much im finding the car bored....
Old 12-02-2008, 06:41 PM

2004 S600
hey thanx i just check on kbb and it is the trade in value but come on in 2 years i lost 50000 dollars but still i want to get ridoff this car thanx
It's a previous generation car.
It has high mileage for the age.
High end Benzs lose a lot of money very quickly.

If you believe you aren't getting a fair price hold onto it and get more money out of it. You're at the bottom of the steepest part of the depreciation curve. If you are bored and want to get rid of it you'll have to eat it up and take a big hit.

hey hey dont make make me jealous with that 600
That's an S65.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:49 PM

thanx 4 the help
Old 12-03-2008, 07:39 AM

2000 S500
Most people don't know that dealers do not use KBB or NADA we have a little book that we call the dirty book (I own a dealership in Tampa). If they offered you 20k its a reason. Like one poster said they probably have too many or don't want to sit on it. Private Party may be the best way but with so many banks tightening up and people low balling good luck. Why do you want to trade it in anyway.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by THR2008
Most people don't know that dealers do not use KBB or NADA we have a little book that we call the dirty book (I own a dealership in Tampa). If they offered you 20k its a reason. Like one poster said they probably have too many or don't want to sit on it. Private Party may be the best way but with so many banks tightening up and people low balling good luck. Why do you want to trade it in anyway.

because the lost of value and warranty these are good only to lease and the high payment are killing me.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
because the lost of value and warranty these are good only to lease and the high payment are killing me.
Sounds like you are stuck.. just like 80% of mercedes drivers, and a huge % of Pick a brand.

I agree partially with OliverK. THe only way to get these cars is to wait till the price falls off a cliff which is usually after the second year or so, then buy it as close to wholesale as possible.

This is, unless you are a dealer with 100 financing tricks up your sleeve, getting one of these cars and not being in it for the long term is a mistake.
Before overconsuption became a public epidemic in this country ( before 2000 ), the only people who could afford these cars were folks who knew they would stay in the family long after they were paid off OR folk who actually had a real tax advantage in leasing one.

Nowadays neither apply, and bank tricks have made just about anything with wheels affordable to anyone with a heartbeat and a SSN. This has killed what used to be the high end luxury market and fused it with the "normal consumer market. THis in turn has raised the real definition of high end luxury to the 250 to 400K range and they have their share of issues as well.

SO today you have more mercedes on the secondary market than you do honda accords without the demand. Where were the prices supposed to go?

I'm afraid the reality of it is that you are not going to have much luck even as a private party sale. The best thing to do is to keep it till you can get the payoff low enough and have enough cash in hand to hopefully be able to trade and absorb a small amount into the next car IF you find one that is waaaay below book. THis is the best way.

Dont feel like the lone ranger. The amount of Mercedes drivers out there in your exact same situation is staggering.. The sad thing is that many are still in denial about it, and the rest just don't want to know.. That's why the arrogance of some of these posts by members just crack me up. Ego stroking has kept many companies afloat in this sick global economy.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:51 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by my06clk
Sounds like you are stuck.. just like 80% of mercedes drivers, and a huge % of Pick a brand.

I agree partially with OliverK. THe only way to get these cars is to wait till the price falls off a cliff which is usually after the second year or so, then buy it as close to wholesale as possible.

This is, unless you are a dealer with 100 financing tricks up your sleeve, getting one of these cars and not being in it for the long term is a mistake.
Before overconsuption became a public epidemic in this country ( before 2000 ), the only people who could afford these cars were folks who knew they would stay in the family long after they were paid off OR folk who actually had a real tax advantage in leasing one.

Nowadays neither apply, and bank tricks have made just about anything with wheels affordable to anyone with a heartbeat and a SSN. This has killed what used to be the high end luxury market and fused it with the "normal consumer market. THis in turn has raised the real definition of high end luxury to the 250 to 400K range and they have their share of issues as well.

SO today you have more mercedes on the secondary market than you do honda accords without the demand. Where were the prices supposed to go?

I'm afraid the reality of it is that you are not going to have much luck even as a private party sale. The best thing to do is to keep it till you can get the payoff low enough and have enough cash in hand to hopefully be able to trade and absorb a small amount into the next car IF you find one that is waaaay below book. THis is the best way.

Dont feel like the lone ranger. The amount of Mercedes drivers out there in your exact same situation is staggering.. The sad thing is that many are still in denial about it, and the rest just don't want to know.. That's why the arrogance of some of these posts by members just crack me up. Ego stroking has kept many companies afloat in this sick global economy.

true true i guess is to keep it and just use the car on the weekend and for the week days buy a regular car use and put on all the highway miles..
Old 12-03-2008, 07:02 PM

2000 S500
It also has a lot to do with the area that you are in. Down south we don't have as many as say California. Ours are actually still selling at a high price. A friend of mine purchased a 2002 S430 for $26,000 from MB. Too much I think so but if people are willing to pay then that's why. I purchased my car from a guy who was buying a Hummer because gas was on its way up. Keep the car nothing like it, and a cheap beater may be fine...Think of the costs of a beater it may be cheaper to keep your car and get an extended warranty. Just my 2 cents with a 1 cent refund...