S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S500 4Matic questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 4Matic questions

Hello. I am new to this site and I am considering the afore mentioned vehicle.

Can you share your thoughts on the various options as well as if the 4Matic system is reliable- by this I mean, is it something that is likely to add so much mechanical complexity that it results in problems or even a break down.

Thank you.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S500 4-matic, 2003 SL55
The 4-matic system has been around for along time. I recentlly purchased a S500 4-matic having owned a S500 before. So far I am very happy with it. I got the car loaded up and am happy with all the options. The keyless go is cool and useful, the sport package looks great and makes the car handle better , but takes away from its 4 wheel drive abilities in the snow. Ventilated seats a must if u like to be cool. Wood package includes steering wheel and shift knob really looks nice. My family loves the rear heated seats and the seperate climate control in the rear. The rear side window roller blinds are a great option and have used them regularlly when the family is in the car on long hauls. Tire pressure monitor a great safety feature. Navigation cd collection is a no brainer for $145. Cd changer need I say more. Ahh heated steering wheel a luxury item I like. Parktronic a must for the sake of your car and possible someones life when backing up. The rest is up to u, good luck