S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2000 S430L in Ireland, Lots of questions, phone, doors need I go on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430L in Ireland, Lots of questions, phone, doors need I go on

Hi All
Own a S430L with a healthy 178,000 miles in Ireland, I have had this car about 3 years and still working out some of the features. I have a load of questions, which I hope might start a post that will help a lot of forum members!! Help really appreciated you guys!
Mobile phone, this car comes with an ancient Nokia style cell phone, which is attached with a cable into the centre console, can this be upgraded to use a removable Nokia phone, and if so what do you need, and is it an easy job to remove? Self closing doors, my drivers door has the suction which works fine, you can hear it and closes automatically, but pops out again before it actually locks firm, how can this be adjusted? Does anyone know the Comand codes for hidden options, I dont have the TV module and am wondering how and where to look for wiring to see can I retrofit the unit, I believe its under the passenger seat Easy exit feature, despite selecting mirror close and seat movement, all my car can remember to do is raise the steering wheel when I get out and lock up, am I doing something stupid here? Think I have asked enough any help or similar problems get posting, cheers Tom

Last edited by tgmnewry; 01-29-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 240 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
What year is the car? Most of these questions have different answers for different years.

Your door problem may be a vacuum problem or a latch problem. It needs to be diagnosed by someone who knows how. If you start fiddling with adjustments you are likely to make things worth.