S500 Oil Catch Can

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
S500 Oil Catch Can

We installed this catch can on S55Lorinser's car today. After fitting and moving we finally found a nice place for it in the front.

Install time was about 2 hours, but a lot of that was measuring and cutting and then repositioning.

Basically what this does is it reduces the amount of oil blown back into the intake from the valve covers. This will result in a much more efficeint burn and marginally better power, not to mention a much cleaner engine.
Attached Thumbnails S500 Oil Catch Can-dscn0695.jpg   S500 Oil Catch Can-dscn0694.jpg  
Old 02-22-2009, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I have this on my supercharged cobra.

That said, I think the value, in terms of performance, is fairly dubious on a mild na v8
Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
Honeslty eveyrone should have this on there S500 and it isnt expensive so you guys shuold jump all over this.

When i took my upper manifold off it was disgusting it was filled with oil/Sludge/dirt and it was everywhere. To our surpise when Tony unassembled the manifold there were broken peices of the manifold shaking inside the car which is def not a good thing.

After that cleaning and porting job and removal of broken peices the car does not shake anymore how it used to before.

The catch can also looks very nice under the hood and will stop that sludge/oil from getting back into the manifold and most likely extend the engine life.

Def alot more projects to come from TVT Design for the m113 and there knowledge and work is topnotch
Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1
Honeslty eveyrone should have this on there S500 and it isnt expensive so you guys shuold jump all over this.

When i took my upper manifold off it was disgusting it was filled with oil/Sludge/dirt and it was everywhere. To our surpise when Tony unassembled the manifold there were broken peices of the manifold shaking inside the car which is def not a good thing.

After that cleaning and porting job and removal of broken peices the car does not shake anymore how it used to before.

The catch can also looks very nice under the hood and will stop that sludge/oil from getting back into the manifold and most likely extend the engine life.

Def alot more projects to come from TVT Design for the m113 and there knowledge and work is topnotch
Time to put the red "X" next to the TVT catch can install in your sig.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1

thanks for the info I might clean my intake manifold too my car shakes and I will look into this catch can. How is it working out so far? I don't care about power I just want my engine to be clean
Old 02-22-2009, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
why you have pieces of manifold rattling around in your intake, I can't understand.

That said, unless you are burning excessive amounts of oil (which very few non-AMG engines do), a little bit of oil in the intake is simply not having a big effect on anything.

Here is a pic of a catch can on my cobra:

Old 02-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
The peices broke off that can tell you how poorly it was constructed inside the manifold. Im sure im not the only one. If my car had that im sure alot of members have the same thing and dont even realize. Best bet would be to contact TVT and let anthony take a look at it and while hes at it clean/port the manifold and install the catch can.

I recommended all the members with Sclasses to do it. Its not that expensive and is better for the car plus looks awesome underthehood. As the sludge builds up you will start to see it on the clear tube to the side of the catch can. ONce you empty it out the first time youll be glad you did the mod as all of that nasty crap would of been circulating right back into the engine.

Benz addict do the mods and buy the kit catch can kit when tvt comes out with it shortly...your car probably has the same problem mine did with broken manifold peices. Also get a wheel alignment once more and the shaking should be gone.

c43amg your cars looking good. The magnecor wires look awesome under the hood and the manifold is ported and cleaned up very nicely. 350hp shouldnt be far away

Last edited by S5LorinserF1; 02-22-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
And how much money did you spend on this?