S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

No Power to rear entertainment (help!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220
Unhappy No Power to rear entertainment (help!)

Today I was looking in to a problem with my 6 disc rear dvd player. To put you in the picture the two screens are made by a company called SAVV and the 6 disc changer is made by CENTURION. The system has been working fine but for some reason the remote for the dvd player stopped working. I chnged the battery but no luck. I then went and checked the dvd player itself and when I tried to eject the holder nothing happened. I noticed the green power light was not on so that was the problem I was getting no power. Now up to this point I was still getting power to the screens. I removed the power plug and tested it with my meter. Now I am not an electrician by a million miles so placed the prong of the meter on all of the six wires one at a time but nothing. I then looked at the fuse diagram and shock horror no reference to rear entertainment. Now I'm not the first owner of the car and I don't think this system was installed at the factory so my first question is does anyone know what fuse or relay would power the system. I checked every fuse I could get to including most of the ones in the rear fuse box but they all looked fine. I then checked the wires again but this time I got a signal from one wire (red). Anyway I then removed the wires from the platic holder and tested them again, same result one positive. To make my day just as I was about to give up a couple of the wires touched each other and there was a little smoke. I now have no power to the rear screens either. So back to my earlier question as it is more relevant than ever, does anyone know what fuse or relay would have been used for the rear entertainment system.

I'm sorry if you have lost the will to live with this story but I am trying to avoid a huge bill to have the system checked by a auto electrician