S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Airmatic Lights on Dash all stuck "on" HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 and 1998 E320
Airmatic Lights on Dash all stuck "on" HELP

Yesterday my wife and i hopped int he car and when i tuned it on the lights on both dash switches related to the airmatic suspension were all on.

The button to raise the car was on and i could not get it to go off by pressing it

The button the shows no lights for comfort, 1 light for Sport 1 and 2 lights for sport 2 had two lights and i could not change the setting by pressing the button.

I was just driving a mile down the street to my boat. When i got there i turned the car off and turned it back on. All three of these lights lit up for a split second and then all went off and all functionality was restored. I have driven it again since then and it was fine

I have a 2203 S500 with Sport Package and 57k miles and have not had any issues previously. Any idea what this could mean or be or is it one of those odd glitches that seems to happen with all MB electronics??
Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM

2003 S430 Sport Package
Happened to me too

I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago. Had been doing some errands. After the last stop I noticed the raise button red light on and both of the suspension setting lights on. At first I thought I accidently hit them. Tried pushing them and they would not go off. Got home, shut the car off and then restarted it about 1\2 hour later. Lights momentarily came on, then went off and everything was back to normal and has been ever since.

Now the frustrating thing is, is that I don't remember if these lights always come on for a moment upon starting.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:46 PM

2003 and 1998 E320
My lights always do a self check when i start it so i think that is normal.

This morning i lookd down and it was on sport 1 and i do not recall putting it there but when i hit the buttons they worked fine and i put it back to comfort.

Not sure what the root cause is but as long as i don't have any messages on the info cluster I am not going to worry about it. No leaks and the pump does not run or anything i think it is jsut some odd gremlin