AMG exhuast installed..with pics S600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
AMG exhuast installed..with pics S600 ** sound clips added**

Well, here they are. I am sort of disappointed with how they sound with the N/A V12, they are VERY quiet. I had the resonators removed also and they still seem relatively quiet. Overall im satisfied with the look, except for the cutouts, they're not exactly how i wanted them. The left one arches up a bit so i'm considering either:
1. trim it up some more so it at least matches, but the gap will be a tad bit higher.
2. paint the bottom of the bumper flat black to hide the cuts
3. try and see if I can get a S55/65 bumper for a decent price
4. quit worrying about it, it's not that bad

Opinions are much appreciated for the issue above

here are the videos...the ABC pump is on its way out so you can hear a very loud hum coming from up front...kind of overpowers the exhausts sound...it is not as loud as i would have likes it..but it is decent...it get real loud at about 5k rpms and above..ill try and get a rolling video soon

cold start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5MBIZt7GeA

revs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-ZDcEDPso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHpL2E7oxG4

sorry for the quality, iPhone.

Last edited by ssonss1; 04-25-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Cl 500
not bad, but please tell me you plan on fixxing the cuts?

ALi
Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Flying Spur
Originally Posted by Goliath27
not bad, but please tell me you plan on fixxing the cuts?

ALi
read the post along with the pics
Old 04-24-2009, 10:29 PM

2000 S430
the mufflers look great but who ever cut the holes didn't use symmetry / cut too much. If you paid to have it done I would talk with the shop and try and have them fix it. Imo should be alot neater if you paid a shop to do a professional job.

I do think if you painted it flat black it would look cool though , but still get the cutouts fixed. A good body shop can fix those holes properly they sell filler for bumpers,finding a 55/65 bumper is going to be hard / cost more.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Flying Spur
Originally Posted by illmeth0d
the mufflers look great but who ever cut the holes didn't use symmetry / cut too much. If you paid to have it done I would talk with the shop and try and have them fix it. Imo should be alot neater if you paid a shop to do a professional job.

I do think if you painted it flat black it would look cool though , but still get the cutouts fixed. A good body shop can fix those holes properly they sell filler for bumpers,finding a 55/65 bumper is going to be hard / cost more.
hmm i know absolutely nothing about body work...im getting the bumper painted anyways, someone bumped it and i have license bolt holes in my bumper...is it a easy fix?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
what you really need to get is an 03-06 s55 front bumper!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 PM

2000 S430
Originally Posted by ssonss1
hmm i know absolutely nothing about body work...im getting the bumper painted anyways, someone bumped it and i have license bolt holes in my bumper...is it a easy fix?
body shop prices for things are all over the place , see if you have anyone you know that can refer a good shop. you can go one place get an estimate for 500 and another will tell you 1500 it all depends. Everything you want is an relatively easy fix but would be better suited for a shop that installs body kits that sort of thing so they are familiar with working that way.

who cut the bumper?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Flying Spur
body shop prices for things are all over the place , see if you have anyone you know that can refer a good shop. you can go one place get an estimate for 500 and another will tell you 1500 it all depends. Everything you want is an relatively easy fix but would be better suited for a shop that installs body kits that sort of thing so they are familiar with working that way.

who cut the bumper?
a very reputable body shop here...they only work on bmw's and mercedes...EVERYONE goes to them...ill roll by there tomorrow and see what they can do...all i would want them to do is straighten out the cuts and bring them a tad lower.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:20 AM

2000 S430
I think it looks good! and the cuts dont seem that bad at all.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:51 AM
ksc

S500
the mufflers look nice, but i agree, the cutouts need a little work.

a more oval-like shape would be desireable.

i'd say, ask them to cut a little more off, but evenly and shapely this time while raising the mufflers to fill the space, if possible.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:00 AM

2000 S430
a very reputable body shop here...they only work on bmw's and mercedes...EVERYONE goes to them...ill roll by there tomorrow and see what they can do...all i would want them to do is straighten out the cuts and bring them a tad lower.
After looking at the pics again you do have the camera low , a car behind will probably won't even realize it but if you aren't happy I'd ask the body shop what can they do to make it to your like.

As for painting it black , I think its a great Idea and here is a white w210 with amg kit painted black at the bottom , it really updates the look like the newer cars and I think it looks great , makes it look like a diffuser.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
read the post along with the pics
Sorry, pre-mature picture ***** I am. I say either Paint it black or get the S65 diffuse and 3m it on.

ALi
Old 04-25-2009, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Flying Spur
Originally Posted by westcoast5
I think it looks good! and the cuts dont seem that bad at all.
thanks! they are decent but i cant stand it lol
Originally Posted by ksc
the mufflers look nice, but i agree, the cutouts need a little work.

a more oval-like shape would be desireable.

i'd say, ask them to cut a little more off, but evenly and shapely this time while raising the mufflers to fill the space, if possible.
im going to either get a S55 bumper or im going to get the holes filled to my liking...hopefully all goes well

After looking at the pics again you do have the camera low , a car behind will probably won't even realize it but if you aren't happy I'd ask the body shop what can they do to make it to your like.

As for painting it black , I think its a great Idea and here is a white w210 with amg kit painted black at the bottom , it really updates the look like the newer cars and I think it looks great , makes it look like a diffuser.

yea i think i may do it...still thinking though
Originally Posted by Goliath27
Sorry, pre-mature picture ***** I am. I say either Paint it black or get the S65 diffuse and 3m it on.

ALi
lol yea im going to try for the S55 bumper first
Old 04-25-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
I hate to say I told you so Vick! Your first idea of using the two sets of S600 tips could have been done much cleaner. Did you leave the resonators on the car? Is it any louder with the new mufflers?
Old 04-25-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Flying Spur
****sound clips added up top****

Originally Posted by Iceman
I hate to say I told you so Vick! Your first idea of using the two sets of S600 tips could have been done much cleaner. Did you leave the resonators on the car? Is it any louder with the new mufflers?
lol yea...the cutouts would have been fine if he didnt make them slope up...ill be getting it fixed by next week i cant stand to look at it like that...i removed the resonators and yes the car seems to be quite louder than stock but still not as loud as i want it...i wonder if theres anything else i can do it increase the sound sound clips up top for you to hear

Last edited by ssonss1; 04-25-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
What you need is to remove seconadary cats and that will make the sound your looking for, But you will lose low end torque...

It looks good. Yea your cutouts a little too big. Thats why I didnt cut my bumper and got it welded up a little. But still my muffler's are too low and I plan to raise them soon and realign with my carbon fibre diffuser haha.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Lose the secondary cats, add an xpipe you shouldnt lose any low end tq. Sounds great Vick!

Paint the lower part matte black, it will look SEXY!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Flying Spur
Originally Posted by Gondon
What you need is to remove seconadary cats and that will make the sound your looking for, But you will lose low end torque...

It looks good. Yea your cutouts a little too big. Thats why I didnt cut my bumper and got it welded up a little. But still my muffler's are too low and I plan to raise them soon and realign with my carbon fibre diffuser haha.
any pics of the carbon fibre diffuser? did you have your secondary cats removed?
Originally Posted by tbal
Lose the secondary cats, add an xpipe you shouldnt lose any low end tq. Sounds great Vick!

Paint the lower part matte black, it will look SEXY!
hmm or just run the same setup as you
Old 04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
any pics of the carbon fibre diffuser? did you have your secondary cats removed?

hmm or just run the same setup as you
No, I didnt. I still have my resonators and 2nd Cats.

The CF Diffuser we can have it built for us if we get 10 people. But it will be hard to fit since our bumper is not 2 piece like the AMG bumper. So I think only will be glued with 3m tape at least thats what i heard from some members but Neal from Euroteck didnt mention it, but I dont think he is familair with the W220 bumper yet so who knows.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3741/21664297to1.jpg
Old 04-27-2009, 06:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL500
What exactly is the purpose of a rear diffuser, in other words what are the physics behind it?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by Benz5656
What exactly is the purpose of a rear diffuser, in other words what are the physics behind it?
I'd have to says its Cosmetic.

But here is a description :

"This carbon fiber rear diffuser not only gives your M6 killer looks, but it generates more rear downforce so that your car has better stability at higher speeds. Make sure you add the rear trunklid spoiler to give that finishing touch to the rear of your car, and to maximize your downforce."
Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
hey, I like it!
I would go with #3, new AMG bumper!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Flying Spur
Originally Posted by benz_addict
hey, I like it!