S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Airmatic Visit Workshop issue from accelerator sensor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 S500, 01 BMW M3 Convertible, 98 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Airmatic Visit Workshop issue from accelerator sensor?

My 01 S500 has been riding rough lately. THe "Airmatic Visit Workshop" message comes on usually after a few miles of driving. The strut tops do not leak and the compressor rarely runs. Fuses and relays are fine. The car does not drop even after days of parking.
Dealer says it's due to accelerator sensor and will $510 to fix ($230 for part, $270 labor). Does anyone know where that sensor is located in the car? And more importantly how easy is it to fix? Google did not provide anything useful. TIA
Old 12-16-2009, 02:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 2002. Supra TT 97, Supra NA-T 94, Glanza 96, Starlet 90
did you work out what this was for ?
I am getting an error that looks like it means that but no words. just an arrow pointing up at the back of the car.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Originally Posted by tilolite
My 01 S500 has been riding rough lately. THe "Airmatic Visit Workshop" message comes on usually after a few miles of driving. The strut tops do not leak and the compressor rarely runs. Fuses and relays are fine. The car does not drop even after days of parking.
Dealer says it's due to accelerator sensor and will $510 to fix ($230 for part, $270 labor). Does anyone know where that sensor is located in the car? And more importantly how easy is it to fix? Google did not provide anything useful. TIA
what they are referring to are the body acceleration sensors located ontop of the front strut towers under the hood. More than likely one of those has failed which gives the system false readings and of course it doesn't ride properly.. Don't have a picture to show, but they are located close to the top of the strut mounting areas.. They are about 2-3 inches long, black in color, have a 3-pin connector plugged into them if i remember correctly..

Did they happen to mention what side it was? takes maybe 2 minutes to swap out if you know which one it is and have the socket to do it.

hope this helps..
Old 07-09-2019, 12:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by tilolite

Ever find the fix. Don't trust the dealer. I have same issue. Replaced sensor myself which takes 3 min btw not 2 hours of labor. Dealer I tell ya. Anyway vehicle rising up arrow code in dash. No issues with my car except stiff ride. I like it honestly. Maybe I'll just keep it that way. It rides like a true sports suspension 🤣