S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Relay location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ever is RUNNING
Question Relay location

Where are the relays for the electric door locks? The key works the indicator on the door flashes yellow and green like it should. the fuses are good but nothing happens when you use the remote. It worked, went to the store and it quit, thanks for the help
Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 e320
i think door locks are not electric and are vacuum//controled by pse pump//dose your door close assist work
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM

What ever is RUNNING
Question Working and NOT working

ONLY things NOT working are the:
Door locks and the truck close assist also the handle for the trunk does not pop out.
Withe the remote you can:
Close the windows and sun roof but NOT lock the doors.
The door close assist and the pump under the RR seat area WORK.
All fuses are good
Now what PLEASE?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 S55
First - you're talking about a W140 car, not a W220. You might get better headway in that forum area.

Second - you say the pump under the rears seat works, but you can't lock or unlock the doors, and the handle doesn't pop out on the trunk.

There are only a few other things that pump does:

Release the rear headrests, if your car doesn't have reclining rear seat. Does this work?
Provide pressure for the lumbar supports in the front seats. Does this work?
Extend/retract the reversing aid masts (if your car is a 92, 93 or 94 - otherwise ignore this).
Extend the latching pawl on the trunk lid when you open the trunk. Do you hear a solid "click" after opening the trunk, coming from the area of the pin (pawl) that sticks out of the trunk lid?

It sounds to me like the PSE pump under the rear seat has gone south.

Do you hear the pump running when you attempt to lock/unlock the car doors? Do you hear the pump running when you unlock the trunk and it attempts to extend the grab handle?

It has it's own computer, and depending on the MY of your car, you can read the codes from the system and it will tell you what's wrong. For instance, if you've got a serious leak in the locking system, it will tell you. Each door has it's own separate hose for the lock actuator, so it can tell you which door is having issues.

I think most likely the pump has gone south, or you've got a leak at the connectors where they attach to the pump. Pulling the rear seat to gain access is a 5-minute job, max. I'd start with that and listen to what the pump is or is not doing when you lock/unlock the doors.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:45 PM

S500
I've been struggling for weeks with my S500's trunk and door locks. It is exhibiting all the symptoms you decribed. Question: If it is the PSE pump that has gone bad would it still make noise? Mine makes noise like it is working but nothing is functional anymore - door soft locks, trunk lock, remote trunk release, etc. I've also checked my fuses and all appear ok.
Thanks,
Bartlett