Repair to upholstry damage - suggestions sought

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220 S Class
Repair to upholstry damage - suggestions sought

Hello, first time post.

I recently got a 2006 S320cdi and accidently tore the cloth upholstry on the pillar at the drivers side. Everytime I get in/out of the car I'm brushing against it and it will inevitably get bigger. I wonder if anyone had a similar problem and invented a more robust solution then just seeking to have it sewn back. I'm a large guy and wear/tear of this nature is likely to happen again. I considered wood veneer or a similarly durable product from mid door down on both sides might look ok aesthetically, but wasnt sure if it might affect operation of the airbags in the pillar.

Would appreciate any constructive assistance
Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Welcome to the forum.

MB dealerships can usually get a replacement for any part of the car. I suggest you first start with them. If your local dealers can't help, try http://www.autohausaz.com/mercedes-a...rts/index.html

If you have no luck, try a breaker yard with a large MB component, such as Potomac German Auto, http://www.pgauto.com/. Given that the part you need is probably not a "best seller" it might be best to call rather than rely on the online catalog.

Beyond that, a good auto upholstery shop may be able to match fabric and do a decent repair.

Last edited by Skylaw; 01-02-2010 at 09:00 AM.