Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Awesome thread. Good luck with the car!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 477 Likes on 423 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Skylaw
Oh, yes - those 5 or 10 seniors spend their time swapping PMs planning how to keep the forum a closed clique.

Come on, tusabes. That statement is beneath you.

You are "aware" that some detest the modding because the members who do make their feelings known - exercising their right to do so. It is a right equal to that of the modders voicing their beliefs.

And it's pretty tough to compare the CL-class, which has a very "sporty" look to it from its inception, to the luxury sedan approach of the W220. Once again, it's illustrative of just not "getting it."
The VIP style is what OP is after, and VIP is specifically targeted for luxury sedans. You will see benzes, jags, bmws, even Maserati Quattroportes, in addition to the Japanese luxury cars (the VIP style originated in Japan)... just take a look at the VIPstylecars.com forum I linked above.

The w220 (along with other Benz sedans) are particularly good looking in VIP style, as they need little more than rims, a body kit and some lowering washers....usually much less modding work than the other cars require to look "bippu"\

are there a ton of horrendous, ghetto looking ones too? Sure. But, just like we all praised Arnee's excellent modded w220,

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...-metallic.html

which has rims, a kit and is lowered, it is possible to pull off a modded w220 and make it classy. Lets Help Maxima get to that point!

Last edited by tusabes; 05-19-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Oliverk
since tusabes seems to be shooting in my direction, perhaps I'll explain.

I don't hate all mods on Mercedes Benzes. I don't get people who do performance modifications to sedate luxury sedans (especially loud exhausts), but at least I can appreciate it because they actually improve something noticeable and usable about the car.

Appearance mods I don't care for. Specifically things like 22 inch rims or hydraulics or airbags. They degrade performance, offer basically nothing in terms of improving the driving experience, and tend to make the car look cheap and cheesy. If someone wants a nice set of 19" rims, fine. 22s"? not a chance.

It seems all the new posters are into doing this stuff. I get sick of questions like, "Can I get 22s on my 220, or I want to add a replica brabus body kit and wing spoiler to my 2000 S430."

1. its in the archives so searching works well
2. I don't care for the mods.

While I may say "oh for christs sake" in this thread, if the same poster asks a legitimate mechanical question asking for help (in a well written and generally legible format), I'll be the first to help.
Thats great since we need mechanical gurus here.

But just as we dont hear "oh christ another fricking Airmatic thread" I dont understand why we need to hear that when someone asks about modding their car.

I actually havent seen too many people asking about putting huge rims on a w220, but if there are Perhaps we need a FAQ thread on fitting large rims to a w220, so the question doesnt need to get asked over and over.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00 S500
Where did 22's come from??? Who mentioned 22's????????? I personally don't like 22's either, I've messed with performance for a long time and wanted to switch it up, I don't even wanna add any reall aftermarket kit, I asked about an OEM bumper.... maybe I'm a dummy but isn't the brabus a benz model??? I am a noob so if I'm saying something extreme or riced out by adding an OEM bumper again I'm sorry "shake my head" (SMH!!! For the older guys who don't like lingo's) I just don't get how this is a "for christ sake thing" let's just end this now, if you don't like what I'm saying the leave the thread, whether your a senior or not if you can't or don't want to help then don't and just leave the thread as you are the ones causing most the arguments..... thanks a million for the ones helping I appreciate it a lot, I've learned a lot from you guys o far
Old 05-19-2010, 10:06 PM

00 S500
Originally Posted by tusabes
The VIP style is what OP is after, and VIP is specifically targeted for luxury sedans. You will see benzes, jags, bmws, even masertai Quattroportes, in addition to the Japanese luxury cars (the VIP style originated in Japan)... just take a look at the VIPstylecars.com forum I linked above.

The w220 (along with other Benz sedans) are particularly good looking in VIP style, as they need little more than rims, a body kit and some lowering washers....usually much less modding work than the other cars require to look "bippu"\

are there a ton of horrendous, ghetto looking ones too? Sure. But, just like we all praised Arnee's excellent modded w220,

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...-metallic.html

which has rims, a kit and is lowered, it is possible to pull off a modded w220 and make it classy. Lets Help Maxima get to that point!
+1, I wasn't even gonna say that as I'm sure that will lead to some other type of "my opinion thing"
Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Its not a stock bumper.

Brabus is an aftermarket tuner. They are one of the high end, respected tuners like Renntech Lorinser and Kleemann, so Genuine Brabus parts are pricey, and well made. Definitely not Ricer.

Brabus is actually becoming closer in working with manufacturers, like AMG did.... as Brabus now offers a factory package on the tiny Smartcar.

There are Brabus replica parts, Id suggest to avoid them due to poor quality , and try to find originals like the one I linked, which was unfortunately sold.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 PM

00 S500
Originally Posted by tusabes
Its not a stock bumper.

Brabus is an aftermarket tuner. They are one of the high end, respected tuners like Renntech Lorinser and Kleemann, so Genuine Brabus parts are pricey, and well made. Definitely not Ricer.

Brabus is actually becoming closer in working with manufacturers, like AMG did.... as Brabus now offers a factory package on the tiny Smartcar.

There are Brabus replica parts, Id suggest to avoid them due to poor quality , and try to find originals like the one I linked, which was unfortunately sold.
Wow I thought brabus was to benz like nismo is to nissan or trd is to toyota, yea its an actual company but its dedicated to one specific make cars, like the "nismo Z", "brabus benz" still oem if it came with the car but I understand what you are saying, I guess I got this whole brabus thing wrong.... I do have an extremely good painter/guy so I'm not worried too much on fitment though the quality material means the most to me with the front end moreso....
Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by Maxima3
if you don't like what I'm saying the leave the thread, whether your a senior or not if you can't or don't want to help then don't and just leave the thread as you are the ones causing most the arguments.
Thanks - you have proved my point from post #20. And it always takes at least 2 sides to argue.

Last edited by Skylaw; 05-20-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:08 AM

00 S500
Originally Posted by Skylaw
Thanks - you have proved my point from post #20. And it always takes at least 2 sides to argue.
It does and that's why I'm just saying I'm done and leave... clearly one person "wants" to argue and initiated an argument hence we wouldn't be talking about this.... what was just posted seem like the most childish thing to say, clearly somebody like to argue so I guess when I see the post I should always expect negativity and just ignore your childish mentality... seniors huh lol.... old age with a childish mind= child
Old 05-20-2010, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
...Proving even more of the points I made. Where have I called you names?

'Bye.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM

00 S500
Calling names??? What... its done bro man