advice on purchasing used S550 from mb dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Question advice on purchasing used S550 from mb dealership

i'm trying to assist my parents in purchasing a preown from the dealership. they found one that they were interested in and we're thinking of going sometime in the next few days to look at it.

http://mercedesbenzfortworth.parkpla...426&store=1656

how much negotiation room are there for preowned cars? especially coming from a dealership, i'm assuming won't be much since it may come with some warranty.

i think the last time they tried to negotiate a price on a preowned S550 2009, they wouldn't take $2k off the sticker... i'm not sure if that was lowballing it on my parent's part though...

any advice would be great...

Old 10-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 ///AMG, 2007 E350
There are plenty of these cars around, so do your homework, look at the MB CPO site and search the entire US inventory to get an idea of prices. Also, they are most aggressive at month end to make their numbers.

There is always room for negotiations. Good luck !
Old 10-08-2010, 11:28 PM

Car
First of all may I inform you that finding the perfect car may take months and that being thorough with options you are specfically looking for really helps.

What Corsa is saying is correct. But I would like to mention to also take a look on AutoTrader for good deals. If some dealers won't negeotiate that much, try adding more things like extended warranty.

Good options on these cars to include Premium 3 (which is pretty much all the cool things you could use), Panorama Sunroof, Sport Body Package, Active Body Control - ABC (hard to find), and the extremely rare Distronic Plus (radar-guided cruise control).

Try the W221 forum becuase they would be able to help you more.

Wish you the best of luck and hope you find a Mercedes (We found a 750Li Individual before an S550 and let me tell you, if luxury is everything, go Mercedes )

Last edited by CarboyS; 10-08-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by CarboyS
First of all may I inform you that finding the perfect car may take months and that being thorough with options you are specfically looking for really helps.

What Corsa is saying is correct. But I would like to mention to also take a look on AutoTrader for good deals. If some dealers won't negeotiate that much, try adding more things like extended warranty.

Good options on these cars to include Premium 3 (which is pretty much all the cool things you could use), Panorama Sunroof, Sport Body Package, Active Body Control - ABC (hard to find), and the extremely rare Distronic Plus (radar-guided cruise control).

Try the W221 forum becuase they would be able to help you more.

Wish you the best of luck and hope you find a Mercedes (We found a 750Li Individual before an S550 and let me tell you, if luxury is everything, go Mercedes )
thanks both of you for your advice... i didn't even realize i posted in the wrong forum.. lol...

what's the mb cpo site? never heard of it.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 AM

Car
Originally Posted by bluejae
thanks both of you for your advice... i didn't even realize i posted in the wrong forum.. lol...

what's the mb cpo site? never heard of it.
I think what he means is to go on the MBUSA website and go to the Certified Pre-Owned section.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
ditto on month end/year end

we have purchased our last three MB's in late DEC and have truly negotiated unbelieveable deals.the best one was on our 03 S500, sticker $46900.out the door $37900 with two year starmark warranty added.it was dec 28 and we simply stopped in to look at cars and burn some time, i just could not pass up the offer and it has proven to be the most reliable benz we have owned!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:35 PM

2001 Mercedes S500
Yep, hammer em' down man. Do whatever you can. Act like you're not interested, don't say much at all around the salesman, and prepare to walk away if he won't agree to your price you want. Works every time for me.

Car looks good, but Christ those rims are nasty.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
i've read some people talking about prices they got out the door. does this mean you discuss pricing with taxes and all that already added?

i think once we had discussed pricing and got it at 88k but with taxes and fees, it ended up being like 94k...

other than possibly working in maintenance or warranty into the deal... has anyone tried for additional options... such as amg or mercedes illuminating door sill... if they can even add that.... or amg floor mats maybe...
Old 10-11-2010, 06:14 PM

2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
out the door, the amount on the check

Originally Posted by bluejae
i've read some people talking about prices they got out the door. does this mean you discuss pricing with taxes and all that already added?

i think once we had discussed pricing and got it at 88k but with taxes and fees, it ended up being like 94k...

other than possibly working in maintenance or warranty into the deal... has anyone tried for additional options... such as amg or mercedes illuminating door sill... if they can even add that.... or amg floor mats maybe...
out the door is a phrase your sales person understands, and the dollar amount that you are seeking,absolutely no other costs to be added when you sign the purchase agreement.